Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Open the gate with physical force instead of using the pole.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
That's odd... I get the half-giant option and the 'let the entire party try' option. The second one is the one you want.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Hope your adventurers went to school:

096f30be97d887d2d8426e0ac2a7f622.png

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
If you're trying to minmax those, don't bother, due to a flaw in the engine it won't credit you for answers that contain fractions, which bugs out two of the questions, even when you give the right answer.
That's okay though, there's no prize for getting them all.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Is the game really that bad in terms of having encounters: "Enemy wins initiative, you immediately counter by casting the spell reload"? I don't mind hard as in "Enemies have levels/hp/other advantages through the roof, you need to use every trick and consumable in your possession". But the former one seems a really bad design. And I mean it. How it really is?

grimace

Arcane
grimace: What is the URL to share with my friends so they can all buy multiple copies of KOTC 2??

grimace: What is the URL to share with my friends so they can all buy multiple copies of KOTC 2??

grimace
waits for a reply.

I don't believe you can buy it anywhere yet. Here's where the Buy link takes you.
http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/FWE/Pages/FWE_Download.htm

He plans to release it on Steam "in a few months," so maybe by the end of the year. I'm hoping he squashes some bugs and rebalances things first, because I think this game might actually be impossible without being able to roll nothing but 20s and the enemies all 1s for some encounters.

Kalarion and others ... keep your piracy-fists to yourself!

Thank you for the dignified answer Dickie !

KotC 2 Download

greatsword7.gif

Red_Gem_For_Bullet_Points.gif
KotC 2 will be available from this page once it is released. Thank you for your patience.
http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/FWE/Pages/FWE_Download.htm

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
My 'semi-optimal' party cleared most of the sewer trash using only the Chapter 3 start campfire. Everyone is level 10/11 and has enough XP banked to reach level 14 when I want to.
If Pierre can fuck us over, we can fuck Pierre over.
Bank that XP!

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Is the game really that bad in terms of having encounters: "Enemy wins initiative, you immediately counter by casting the spell reload"? I don't mind hard as in "Enemies have levels/hp/other advantages through the roof, you need to use every trick and consumable in your possession". But the former one seems a really bad design. And I mean it. How it really is?
Not an exaggeration:

The game is harder than you can possibly imagine. Wizardry IV? The Gorrors in Wizardry 7? Playing Final Fantasy 1 with a single white mage? All piss easy compared to this. Now granted, Wizardry IV your save could permanently corrupt, but the combat was far more doable. Oh, sure, you still wiped every once in a while in a surprise attack... but here you wipe dozens of times every single encounter until the mid-game where you still wipe, if you didn't win initiative.

The Red Knight

Erudite
But that's beside the matter. What I really came here for was to ask... What the hell is the deal with the characters' eye colour? Does it serve a purpose? Why is it even a thing?

If it's purely cosmetical (...)
There is a script command for eye check but I'm not sure if it's been used anywhere.

gcx5nYi.png

Unrelated, there's also a "Kickstarter Status" variable in the module.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Earlygame might be a little too easy according to the Heroicfantasy forum:

488d82fc1629dcadb8a38344e99603c1.png

I suggest not using a summon domain for the TrUe experience as our Lord Pierre intended.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
This editor clearly beats FRUA , but that will require ton of work to make something playable.
Of course it would still take effort to make something worthwhile, but this is easier and faster to use than even the NWN editor. The scripting tool is quite good, you can easily set up images, replies with variables and events:

EcuT9jQUwAANBxu.jpg

For years I've been waiting for projects like IceBlink, Sword Coast Legends or the D:OS editor to deliver a solid RPG toolset, and this is finally it. The real challenge now is bringing enough players and modders to have a "scene" going... making the hardest RPG ever probably wasn't the right call for that, so it will be tricky to get people onboard.

Last edited:

and 8 others

Savant
OK v1.1 seems not too bad so far in terms of bugs

BCTd6cS.png

Had to reload 80 times to even start this battle because acid splash at surprise round = entire party die in one hit

Also I suspect I missed a ton of stuff / XP? Because I went in the left room before I went in the right after the brazier surprise

Edit: Oh wow OK, yeah, backing out and checking out that right room

Interesting choice of pictures for your characters. What's the unifying logic, if there is one, especially for including Ghosn?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
For a good time, replay the beginning again after clearing the upper sewer.

"What, the cultists don't kill everyone with a single spell if they go first? What, their summon only does 20 instead of 100s of damage? What do you mean, I only have to fight giant frogs, a Druid and two sharkmen underwater, instead of 50 enemies without my magic weapons inside a poison cloud?! Lol, this enemy only attacks 4 times!"

Brancaleone

Liturgist
The real challenge now is bringing enough players and modders to have a "scene" going... making the hardest RPG ever probably wasn't the right call for that, so it will be tricky to get people onboard.

Pierre can always lie through his teeth and start to market it as Turn-Based Demon's Souls. It's for a good cause.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I can speak only for the very first part of the game (level 1-3): winning the initiative is a necessary condition to survive in half of the encounters, but it's not a sufficient one. You also have to pick the correct action AND get a favorable outcome (if the enemy makes his save, you will probably have to reload).

Maybe it gets easier with time...

For a good time, replay the beginning again after clearing the upper sewer.

"What, the cultists don't kill everyone with a single spell if they go first? What, their summon only does 20 instead of 100s of damage? What do you mean, I only have to fight giant frogs, a Druid and two sharkmen underwater, instead of 50 enemies without my magic weapons inside a poison cloud?! Lol, this enemy only attacks 4 times!"
Okay, probably it doesn't get easier.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Men, today i am going in with 5 warlocks and a 20 int sorcerer! Wish me luck

Ok, so far so good. Cleared a couple of first fights, skeleton summons pretty much carried me (6 of em eh). Should i work for Yannos or kick his merry bunch? Someone mentioned an extra quest. Also, any tips for the minotaur fight in oubliette?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The real challenge now is bringing enough players and modders to have a "scene" going... making the hardest RPG ever probably wasn't the right call for that, so it will be tricky to get people onboard.

Pierre can always lie through his teeth and start to market it as Turn-Based Demon's Souls. It's for a good cause.

Dark Souls is the KotC2 of action RPGs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom