Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The List of Incline - 2020 Edition

Which of these games are you looking forward to? (multiple responses allowed)

• Total voters

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
But aren't magical engine updates precisely what is promised here?

I assume it'll still be recognisible. I don't know why they aren't just calling it a sequel (maybe they don't plan on any real sequels and hate numbers), perhaps it'll be small content-wise. Stiill, there's a different between an updated engine and a complete reiteration of it.

Maybe someone can ask them for clarification? Can't be that hard to get an answer from such a small dev.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
So what's the difference between standalone expansion and sequel these days?
It's not a sequel, it's a sidestory/gaiden.
None of the TES games are sequels in that sense. Nor Fallouts for that matter.
New Vegas was a gaiden/sidestory to Bethesda's Fallout, but each one takes place after the last, typically with graphics/engine overhauling. Some sequels are standalone expansions, but standalone expansions are not necessarily sequels. It's a marketing and scope thing. Yeah, Fallout 2 was a standalone expansion marketed as a sequel and since it was a follow-up to 1, sure why not. Infusion is a campaign with a different character whereas the planned intention with Underrail 2 is that it will pick up from the cliffhanger ending of the first.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
There's so many old 50-100 hour cRPGs I still haven't played that it's hard to spend too much time thinking about a lot of these other than like, Bloodlines 2. How do some of yous find the time to play through everything?

Stoneshard was high on my list, but it feels like they should have kept it in development longer.

Buy the old games and never quite get around to playing them (in most cases again after 20-30 yr hiatus).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
According to its new Early Access FAQ, ATOM RPG: Trudograd should be releasing around November. I'll put it down as Q4 2020.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Urban Strife Steam page:

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
“Games are tricky to plan to the minute, but we would very much like to have Urban Strife done in about 6 months of Early Access. We will make the process as transparent as we can and deadlines will be set after players' feedback.”

Final release date: Q2 2021?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
I guess Knights of the Chalice 2 counts as released now. The oldest game on our list, there from its first iteration back in 2014, finally scratched off. This year it had 67 votes. :salute:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Nice, I discovered a couple of promising-looking games I didn't know about - Archaelund and Stoneshard. I normally have an aversion to threads with names like "a list of good games", but there is actually some good stuff here which I would play.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
Anything decent coming out before September?

Depends on what you enjoy. Big names would be Wasteland 3 and Baldur's Gate 3 (Early Access) in August.
Indie titles there's going to be The Feud, Popup Dungeon, The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk, Vagrus (Early Access) and Dead Age 2.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
So they tried 100500 different art styles to settle on something that looks almost exactly like their first game? How efficient.

It was an expensive ruse. Some broke ass developers like to joke like that.

Cat Dude

Savant
My most anticipated game this year is Trails of Cold Steel 4

header.jpg

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I probably shouldn't judge it as i haven't played the series at all but it looks uh.... off. Way off.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access is coming on September 30th, and the FAQ says it'll be in Early Access for at least a year. So we'll optimistically put down a final release date in Q4 2021.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom