Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Encased - isometric post-apocalyptic RPG under the dome

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-school-isometic-turn-based-rpg/posts/2848412

It’s time for new rewards!

The development of Encased is in full swing and is approaching a full PC release. We are confidently moving towards the final milestone thanks to you, the people who supported us in the very first phase. Dark Crystal Games team would like to thank each of you! And now for the main news of the day:

We are launching a series of votes for an exclusive in-game item for Kickstarter-backers!

The voting will be split in four stages: the community will choose the type of item, its appearance, features and even its name! Based on the results of all the votes, the object will be added to the game as unique and created thanks to the Kickstarter community.

The first stage of voting starts today! Choose the main type of future item. We offer several options: Weapon, piece of armor or relic of the Forefathers.

3fdb3fd0398a3880bdc6ebf6846edd63_original.jpg

The link to the vote should already have been sent to all CRONUS Corporal - All Digital (€21) and above backers at Kickstarter emails as well as in personal messages directly on the website.

We'll summarize the first results next week. That's when the second stage of voting will begin!

If you encounter problems during voting, feel free to write to us through a channel that is convenient for you.

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
Fuck off with that bullshit, both are worth looking forward to.
No, Colony Ship diqualified itself with Learn By Doing.
Then they released a monochrome demo where someone vomited cyan glow on everything.
Most perks boring, +-10 to derived skills, +-something that already is part of the character. No perk that changed gear or char behavirous - like literally the 2 standout perks had effects on kill and ignoring reaction fire.
Guns felts samey, AoD had more distinction between bow and crossbow and had no perks...
After AOD combat demo, I was looking forward to AOD. Negative hype for Colon. Might as well look forward to game that does not sooo tryhard to be edgy grimdark and fail at it.

And just a cherry on top is the fixed camera. Why? So that they can hide this beauty?
HRJipGK.jpg

Dont you want to enter all the different containers and grind npc dialogue while game decides which skillpoints to give you?

HAIL ENCASED

:lol:
DIhTU2N.png

Well, there is one problem - there are more chances CS will be completed than Encased.
Eh, Colony will go into Early Access to beg for moneyz too!
And god knows if that will save them - shit sales - dead.
While Encased has 1/3 of game done, maybe.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Most perks boring, +-10 to derived skills, +-something that already is part of the character. No perk that changed gear or char behavirous - like literally the 2 standout perks had effects on kill and ignoring reaction fire.
Guns felts samey, AoD had more distinction between bow and crossbow and had no perks...

Have you tried to tell that to Vince, to give some fucking feedback you know?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-school-isometic-turn-based-rpg/posts/2855979

Vote results and what’s next!

As you already know, we launched a series of votes for a unique and exclusive item created by the Kickstarter community of Encased. Today we are summing up results of the first stage and moving to the next!

In the first vote, you had to choose the type of the item: weapon, armor or relic. We were very surprised by the results of the voting, the confident victory goes to Relic of the Forefathers. Congratulations to all who prefer to take on adventure mysterious artifacts and unthinkable technology that gives an advantage over the enemy.

Now, let's move on to the second stage. The type of item has already been selected. What's next? Attributes and features!

e946dca5227465454abfde86b92c63f5_original.jpg

In the second stage you will have to read three detailed descriptions of relics and choose only one.

Relic #1

While using it, Character receives +15% Cold Resistance. Starting from the second combat round, Relic begins to emit cold discharges that damages both the user and all the characters within one tile of him.

"Same goes for the space near it – due to that, Relic is a rare occurrence, but an easy find. As soon as it contacts air it begins to emit rhythmic “pulses”, each pulse absorbing heat from everything in near vicinity. Despite this process, the temperature of relic itself remains unchanged and there’s no clear indication as to where all that disappearing energy goes. Pulses occur without any noises or flashes and the crystallization of air humidity is the sole indication of the danger it poses – an unprepared human will be frozen to death in just a couple of pulses. Few people are brave enough to use it in the combat conditions – in some way, relic does recognize its bearer and tries to shield him a bit, but only a little. You have to be extremely cool-headed to risk that much."

Relic #2

This relic will influence all organic combatants, making them lose 20% Accuracy.

"In happier times Relic was used as a part of a hazing ritual for White Wing newcomers. The setup of that was deceptively mundane – the victim was led to a lab where this relic was contained under a closed casing. Then they were left alone while being asked to fill a standardized form with some ordinary observations and other routine stuff, the case being opened upon their exit. Half an hour past that, the hazers returned to find all the forms spoiled, criss-crossed with unrecognizable scribble, and the totally panicked victim running in circles, being unable to find the door out. Relic disrupts one’s perception of surrounding reality and it directly affects the processes inside the brain itself – videotaping and similar ways of recording do not fixate anything wrong near it. People, however, will perceive everything as being “correct” while that “everything” is actually dreadfully wrong. Even the most basic tasks might become impossible while under its influence, so the only way to study this relic is while using remotely-controlled devices. Relic is especially adept at masking itself, and so it’s completely futile to understand anything about it in person. All the accompanying fun was eventually banned, though – for one newbie, thirty minutes was more than enough to become stark-raving mad and to greet a chuckling returnee with an unbelievably pinpoint pen to the eye. But that’s a different story."

Relic #3

If a user will suffer a critical hit (and a critical hit only), he won’t take any damage and will be healed for 50% of its attack power.

"At the inception of Dome’s exploration, there was this pristine assuredness that here it is, the ultimate triumph of science and reason. Who would’ve guessed that its course will birth superstitions so dire that even a troglodyte would feel ashamed of following them. If we were to believe certain scouts, this relic will unfailingly ward you from death, oh, more than that, it’ll greatly improve your health in the process! And who cares if the those scouts’ leader later became a drunken, insane, self-mutilating wreck, crying that he’s “displaced” into a “wrong” Reality. And his “improved health” is a supposedly regrown long gone eye(!) that he never actually lost – we went into all the documents, all the archives, asked all the witnesses, and there were no signs of him ever being injured. Here I’m tempted to comment on the utter ineptitude of Cronus’ recruiters, but that topic is getting stale lately. Despite the absurdity of such claims, some so-called “scientists” have wasted a lot of time and resources on experimentation, with sole predictable result of murdering droves of lab animals in various creative ways. Not a single one was saved by this miraculous Relic. That was still not enough for the head of that project – that professor decided to personally bathe in this relic’s succor. Thankfully, he used a laser weapon to make a very precise hole in his cranium and, with the heat cauterizing the wound rather instantly, the following clean-up of his office was effortless. Quite a professional attitude. And yet, after all that, Relic is still a highly demanded black market commodity with plenty of fools willing to bury themselves in debt so they can “prevent” the actual burial. O tempora, o mores!"

You will find a link to the vote, just like the last time, in personal messages on Kickstarter, as well as in the letter that should already be in your mailbox. It is only available to backers with CRONUS Corporal - All Digital (€21) and above status.

If you missed the first stage, do not worry, you can still start from the current stage.

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
without relic 3
9 attacks at 10 dmg each, 1 crit at 20 dmg
9*10+1*20=110 dmg

with relic 3
9 attacks at 10 dmg each, 1 critheal
9*10-1*20=70 dmg

not bad, need a bunch of HP/dmg resist to be helpful

I hope relic 2 doesnt influence psi acc.
I hope they dont nerf my 10 luck psyker...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-school-isometic-turn-based-rpg/posts/2862348

Unique Relic and it’s Name

You, our Kickstarter Community, are one step closer to creating the unique item, exclusive to Encased backers! Today we will learn which relic has won and what awaits us in the next vote!

In previous vote, you were choosing between three relics of the Forefathers. Relic 3 won by a wide margin, which means that you'll own an artifact that can save your life from the most dangerous and sudden type of damage in RPG — critical hit.

ef5cdc6ad88ef5e1d4fcf6b8757f4347_original.jpg

The time has come for a new vote. Starting today and until the next week you will decide how to call such a powerful artifact. There are five choices:

• Grail
  • Winning Ticket
  • Crimson King
  • Extract of Ubiquity
  • Rune of Comfort
The link to the vote, like last time, can be found in personal messages on Kickstarter, as well as in a letter that should already be in your mailbox. Only backers with CRONUS Corporal - All Digital (€21) or higher pledge can vote.

If you missed the previous vote, don’t worry, you can start with the current stage.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-school-isometic-turn-based-rpg/posts/2868940

Appearance of the unique artifact

It's time for the final stage of voting for the unique and exclusive item for the Kickstarter community! In the previous vote, the Winning Ticket won in a close race.

You've already chosen the type of item, characteristics, description and title! The only thing remains is to decide how it will look like! Compare the three options below and select the one that will look best in your inventory.

fd6d341cad4b04135c01e7c78edc4d9b_original.jpg

After the final vote, the item will be formally approved. You'll get it in the near future (we have to work on it first).

The link to the vote, like last time, can be found in personal messages on Kickstarter, as well as in a letter that should already be in your mailbox. Only backers with CRONUS Corporal - All Digital (€21) or higher pledge can vote.

If you missed the previous vote, don’t worry, you can start with the current stage.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-school-isometic-turn-based-rpg/posts/2887650

Dev video update #8 — History behind Russian Fallout

Please welcome our newest development update!
In it we will tell you about the Russian Fallout phenomenon in the gaming industry. Let's see for ourselves what it's all about.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-school-isometic-turn-based-rpg/posts/2875245

Final results of the series of votes!

It's time to sum up the final results of the whole series of votes for the unique object created by Kickstarter backers!

Remember that you, our Kickstarter Community, are creating a unique Encased object that will help you in adventures and save your life under the Dome more than once! You had to choose between the type of item, its attributes, description, name and even appearance. Here are results:

7f2fa2d82579c3c69779a1978c5feedb_original.jpg

Now, all you have to do is wait until the best Blue Wing engineers will test the relic and greenlight it to be used in the field.

Stay in touch and follow the news. Soon we will show you a lot of interesting things!

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Horvatii, I'll disagree with you here, though not completely. Tarkovsky's movie is just a different thing, at least to me, in tone and message, than the book. It's not as different as his Solaris adaptation, but different enough to be it's own thing, not better or worse.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Horvatii, I'll disagree with you here, though not completely. Tarkovsky's movie is just a different thing, at least to me, in tone and message, than the book. It's not as different as his Solaris adaptation, but different enough to be it's own thing, not better or worse.
Intersting to know, that the movie you know is actually the second shot of the entire material, with a way lower budget. The first became destroyed in a storage fire. So some quirks of the movie - long panned out stills and general emphasis on reflection and meditation - are a direct result of having to do the entire thing a second time.

Drowed

Arcane
BTW, according to the devs, this is still getting a full release before the new year.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/921800/discussions/0/2522527267204937747/#c2522527267222229557

I don't know if that's necessarily good news. I mean, it's great that we're going to have the game sooner rather than later, but at the same time, I'm worried about the impact it's going to have on the content of the game. I already felt that the game was a bit empty of content, you seemed to come to a place and see every obvious quests of that place, and that's it. At least it's the impression I got from the "demo", I don't know how much they'll be able to change until the final version. I feel that we have a good chance of seeing the game falling into the old syndrome of 70% content being in the initial 30% of the game, and then you don't have much to do.

Which is a shame, because I liked what I saw there. I just wanted the game to expand the content more, show more things and flesh out the setting. But we'll see.

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
What is the message of the book and movie?

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
In the book I have felt it's more about how little we know of the things beyond our little world, and how little we matter. In the movie, it felt more about how little we know about what's in our hearts and minds.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Fuck off with that bullshit, both are worth looking forward to.
No, Colony Ship diqualified itself with Learn By Doing.
Then they released a monochrome demo where someone vomited cyan glow on everything.
After AOD combat demo, I was looking forward to AOD. Negative hype for Colon. Might as well look forward to game that does not sooo tryhard to be edgy grimdark and fail at it.

And just a cherry on top is the fixed camera. Why? So that they can hide this beauty?
HRJipGK.jpg

Dont you want to enter all the different containers and grind npc dialogue while game decides which skillpoints to give you?

HAIL ENCASED

:lol:
DIhTU2N.png

Well, there is one problem - there are more chances CS will be completed than Encased.
Eh, Colony will go into Early Access to beg for moneyz too!
And god knows if that will save them - shit sales - dead.
While Encased has 1/3 of game done, maybe.

Welcome to my ignore list, bitchass fagget

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
In the book I have felt it's more about how little we know of the things beyond our little world, and how little we matter.
Wow. Imo its like the least important thing in there imo. Its also what, 3 pages?, in one out-of-place chapter that feels like a paternalistic explanation for you, my dear dumbass, reader.
To me, the book is a sad attempt to whine about the human condition again, wrapped in an adventure novella with a weird pacing. Its like early Strugatski work full of photon rockets and bravery - but now with pseudo philosphy.
A theatricallic, laughable ending and a non-believable main character.

There is an upside to reading it though: now I am not sure if the stalker from the movie was ever in the wishing chamber... and how many people he killed in the meatgrinder...

...No

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom