Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Four or five actual turn-based isometric, party-based RPGs are coming out

Which ones will turn out the best? (2 choices)

• Realms Beyond

• Knights of the Chalice 2

• Colony Ship

• Solasta

• Baldur's Gate III

• Wasteland 3

Results are only viewable after voting.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
monocled sensibilities.
It is more like a fetish,but sure.

I doubt even Realms Beyond will impress me all that much.
LoL from the looks of thing it will be impressive the same way grimoire was,by coming out 20 years after the release date lol. Do hope that i am wrong tho.

too much feature creep and not enough focus on "core."
:deathclaw:
Then why do you hate KotC? The game have only core and nothing else.....ahh maybe nice looking/nostalgic 2d art.

commentate on BG3
It is hard to comment on a game that is not even being made,it is an insult to IE games to call that DOS clone a BG3!

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
ahh maybe nice looking/nostalgic 2d art.

That's part of it. I mean, A Link to the Past on the SNES looked better (1992).

I like proper perspective with hard, clearly defined tactical angles.

Though it seems that's too much to ask in 2020.

It is hard to comment on a game that is not even being made,it is an insult to IE games to call that DOS clone a BG3!

Meh, BG2 was an insult to BG1.

Kitchen Utensil

Edit: Someone broke Lilura? KotC plays like a JRPG?
Yeah,she is talking about two things she had never played.

To be fair, basically anything that isn't on the level of ToEE, Silent Storm or Jagged Alliance 2 offends my monocled sensibilities.

In case it's not clear, I have exceedingly high standards. I doubt even Realms Beyond will impress me all that much. Mainly, too much feature creep and not enough focus on "core."

And I can guarantee you right now, that I'll never commentate on BG3 again. No matter how many views its hype generates for my blog. After I saw the worldwide reveal, I deleted all mention of BG3 from my blog.

BG3 is dead to me.

wtf I love BG3 now.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"For me 3.5 is outclassed by Pathfinder in everything it attempts to do."

Pathfinder is 3.5, you fuckface.

"BG III - 4 party members + 1 companion / hexes (?) / 5ED / max level 10 / no multiclassing"

No multi classing? Fuck that dumb shitz.

Codex Year of the Donut
Gary Gygax said:
I find no soul in the new[3e] D&D game, no archetypes, just seek and destroy play and too much of the comic book superhero in characters.
Gary Gygax said:
IMO there has been a vast shift in game focus in 3E. The archetype has gone by the board, comic book-like feats are a feature, the whole purpose of play is set on killing things, and power gaming is encouraged. Long-term play is not facilitated by the new game.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
"For me 3.5 is outclassed by Pathfinder in everything it attempts to do."

Pathfinder is 3.5, you fuckface.

"BG III - 4 party members + 1 companion / hexes (?) / 5ED / max level 10 / no multiclassing"

No multi classing? Fuck that dumb shitz.

Interesting that none of the games in the poll have multiclassing. RB has prestige classes and that's it

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Volourn coming out here makes the common potato poster's posts obsolete, however Volo still needs to learn to use the quoting system I guess

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
doubt even Realms Beyond will impress me all that much. Mainly, too much feature creep

What is there except camping?

Camping, gambling, survival, dynamic lairs and patrols and various Larian gimmicks.

You can't make a tight, focused tactical experience like ToEE, JA2 or Silent Storm when you start adding features from Warband, Ultima, Witcher and DOS.

Only Sir-Tech have managed to seamlessly integrate non-standard systems without weakening core ones.

Realms Beyond pitch should always have been focused on dungeon crawling, tactics, itemization, party composition and character building.

All other shit should fuck off and die because of its potential to weaken core and bog down dev cycle with extraneousness.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still come out of my corner swinging for this game (the only current gen one I seriously acknowledge), but I still have my doubts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom