Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Mortmal

Arcane
Does anyone believe for a second Pierre played this game? Check out this encounter:

-Party is level 2/3 (COULD LEVEL ALL TO FOUR BUT THAT REQUIRES GOLD! LOL!)
-Your party has literally no equipment other than some rocks and a dagger.
-Level 10 minotaur mage that gets a surprise round to web the party and comes PREBUFFED with mirror image and blur.
-His normal attacks do 20+ damage a pop and he can either trip as a free action or he has so many attacks he can toss out trips and still have attacks to lay into whoever just fell! Have fun with that while your casters fail their concentration rolls to cast spells at him and your warriors have less than a 20% chance to hit!

I actually like, don't know that Pierre has even played D&D to think this is a remotely fair encounter.

Anyway I decided not to do it and moved on. Pro tip. You can bully the rat people into giving you magic items and then sell the items back to them to have enough cash to level up, and they'll let you rest to boot.
Chapter 3 you get a CR18 encounter , characters are a tad more poxerful than normal D20 , else it would be cr 20+ , that for a party of 6 level 8 adventurers.

This editor clearly beats FRUA , but that will require ton of work to make something playable.
Of course it would still take effort to make something worthwhile, but this is easier and faster to use than even the NWN editor. The scripting tool is quite good, you can easily set up images, replies with variables and events:

EcuT9jQUwAANBxu.jpg

For years I've been waiting for projects like IceBlink, Sword Coast Legends or the D:OS editor to deliver a solid RPG toolset, and this is finally it. The real challenge now is bringing enough players and modders to have a "scene" going... making the hardest RPG ever probably wasn't the right call for that, so it will be tricky to get people onboard.
Its a lot better than expected, there's even elevations and different terrain not used in augry of chaos. Like jungle tiles giving concealement and such .Kotc 2 editor prove he envisoned a much longer campaign . Codex could make a module, the hard part is to find a coder for the scripts .Else its not hard, just import a map , enter D20 stats , import custom tokens.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
The editor is really nice. UI is clunky, but otherwise.

Writing scripts/dialogue in it sucks a bit, though. But doable.

Lilliput McHammersmith

I think my other favorite part of this game is after a very difficult battle when you have won by the skin of your teeth, and most of your party members are dead, and the little voice says "that wasn't so hard, was it?"

Nothing infuriates me more.

Mortmal

Arcane
Damn the spider fight... Queen spawn in, half party dead including the cleric with the mass heall and true resurection scrolls. Pretty much expected this , a nice bunch of spells at entrance , summon marilith, horrid writling etc.. all good stuff overflowing in the inventory . Think pieere getting nice and soft ? Of course not the encounter kill you before you can even use them.

Tigranes

Arcane
OK v1.1 seems not too bad so far in terms of bugs

BCTd6cS.png

Had to reload 80 times to even start this battle because acid splash at surprise round = entire party die in one hit

Also I suspect I missed a ton of stuff / XP? Because I went in the left room before I went in the right after the brazier surprise

Edit: Oh wow OK, yeah, backing out and checking out that right room

Interesting choice of pictures for your characters. What's the unifying logic, if there is one, especially for including Ghosn?

Listen, all I know is I had to reroll most of these characters because Pierre won't let you add any Evil alignments to the party

These are essentially Jasede's Recommended Noob-Friendly Party, by the way, and it has been tough but not unbelievably tough so far. I imagine that without Doublestomp + Mantis Attack strategy the pain would be exponentially higher.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

BCTd6cS.png

Had to reload 80 times to even start this battle because acid splash at surprise round = entire party die in one hit

Also I suspect I missed a ton of stuff / XP? Because I went in the left room before I went in the right after the brazier surprise

Interesting choice of pictures for your characters. What's the unifying logic, if there is one, especially for including Ghosn?

Listen, all I know is I had to reroll most of these characters because Pierre won't let you add any Evil alignments to the party

These are essentially Jasede's Recommended Noob-Friendly Party, by the way, and it has been tough but not unbelievably tough so far. I imagine that without Doublestomp + Mantis Attack strategy the pain would be exponentially higher.
Wait, what's this centipedes encounter? I haven't seen it so far in my playthroughs...

Tigranes

Arcane

BCTd6cS.png

Wait, what's this centipedes encounter? I haven't seen it so far in my playthroughs...

No idea, you open the door, walk down the corridor and you get it. I skipped Minotaur there, too. I would assume the Nature check there might help you bypass.

Mortmal

Arcane
Here's the combat log Antimagic cloud: Queen Sattram concentration 58 success (DC 33) . Godly encounters at level 12.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Btw what does token size indicate? Complete noob here. CLVL? I kinda think it would have looked better had they all been of the same diameter

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

warcrimes666

Educated
Patron
My party, Eighteens Uber Alles, obliterated into component planck space energy in trillionths of a second, mercilessly and repeatedly. Level 9 accelerated castings of Divine Cheat Engine can't penetrate sr or dr, only my asshole. Serious arcane forces of evil at work here...at level 4.

oh4On86.png

XP5vDMP.jpg

Le Marquis de Bregue confirmed. Un grande PP.

would buy again.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
My 'semi-optimal' party cleared most of the sewer trash using only the Chapter 3 start campfire. Everyone is level 10/11 and has enough XP banked to reach level 14 when I want to.
If Pierre can fuck us over, we can fuck Pierre over.
Bank that XP!

NOOOOOOOOOOO! YOU CAN'T JUST SAVE XP FOR LATER TO MAKE THE GAME BEATABLE! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
At the iron golem fight, if you cast grease on him, you can slide him into the pool of acid with 100% success

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
im working on that fight against the 4 elemental spellcasters (after portcullis/gargoyle)
- apparently you can't cast energy missile into a silenced area even if standing outside
- air elemental mage makes reflex save for zero dmg against evocation spell despite not having evasion

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Most exciting part of this thing is that we are at the new dawn of a modern FRUA with real tatctical depth and all the tools needed to re-create classic modules and shit we haven't imagined.

PrK

Savant
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Here's the combat log Antimagic cloud: Queen Sattram concentration 58 success (DC 33) . Godly encounters at level 12.

How that fight is going for me atm:

Cast silence: Queen casts stilled lvl 8 spells , the other 3 casters destroy you instead.
Cast antimagic cloud: The 3 casters become useless, Queen proceeds to murder you all by herself.
Cast feeblemind: Contingent Break Enchantment.. :smug:

I entered that fight with my party at lvl 8, hoarding xp, and have given up and used all my gold to lvl up as many as I can. Also can't go back to sell loot because the gate is closed..

:neveraskedforthis:

Tigranes

Arcane
Wait.

If you Launch Module, then Load Saved Game from the character selection menu...

You start a new game... but keep the experience?

And... the Ch2 party that gets imported, suddenly is restored to all the Ch1 equipment they had in the previous campaign before they lost it....?

And.... I get a Kickstarter special cloak that I have never seen before?

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
The cloak should have been there from the start. And yeah you can import your characters and gear apparently which is weird since if you level a character to 2 it won't let you bring him

Dorateen

Arcane
Wait.

Yes, this is part of the save/load game problem, that I don't think has been addressed yet. I'm waiting for Pierre to address the issue. Loading from the module/character selection screen starts a new game, but characters have all the XP, gold and inventory from the saved game.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Wait.

Yes, this is part of the save/load game problem, that I don't think has been addressed yet. I'm waiting for Pierre to address the issue. Loading from the module/character selection screen starts a new game, but characters have all the XP, gold and inventory from the saved game.

So just don't use it? what are you waiting for exactly? there are far worse cheats if that's your issue.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom