Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

turkishronin

Arcane
lMGMPZH.jpg

qFGwKK4.jpg

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
what are your settings? I was never able to run this game properly

I am playing with pcsx2 1.6. I don't use any particular setting, just a standard "preset 2" (safe emulation) with automatic speed hacks and game fixes.

The only thing that I have to change (using windows) is to switch from the HW opengl renderer to the HW directx11 one. Altough HW opengl is better in all the other games I have played, in this game there are some very notable slowdown in some areas (notably the first one).

There are also some minor graphics glitches in the fog areas, with some objects having some visible silhouette while they should be completely invisible. The HW hacks apparently don't have any particular effects. The better thing is to play it in software mode, if you accept the lower resolution (in that case there are no slowdown even with opengl software mode), otherwise HW directx11 is a reasonable trade-off.

dJ0cD4t.png
mmxoFVN.png

boot

Prophet
disagree with Tuidjy on his take that best use of companions is as straight up fighters, training them into good lords means you can have devoted vassals precisely when you need them, and you can do stuff like give Baheshtur 10 pathfinding, tactics, and training, and watch him defend all of the eastern lands by himself (as well as his buddy Rolf's lands to the west). Probably best to keep all noble companions with default combat stats, and prioritize training them over commoners who can take more powerstrike and whatever. After having your own kingdom healthy and well run, you don't even have to do much fighting yourself, companions are there mostly used as body guards so you can still clean up the 60 steppe bandits and other trash without trouble or for their skills. And giving them excellent equipment is what lets them wreck bandits and other trash anyway.

Also, it's important to reduce the number of companions in your line-up so your emissaries can rotate back into the party with news of the end of the war (and I think you'd be best with several emissaries, even when not negotiating for truces sending them just to talk with kings lets you know how hostile they feel toward you). Being forced to prolong a war because Katrin keeps coming back is very very bad.

and I'm finding assigning fiefs between companions and lords with their different personalities that effect how they behave in war to be extremely interesting and fun to figure out. Upstanding and good lords are not really "the best" as they still take relation loss for assigned fiefs (just not with upstanding and good lords, they don't mind sharing land with good guys) and don't actually campaign with you unless very loyal. Martial lords don't answer calls to campaign unless they're very loyal as well. They're also likely let their villages get burned down as they run too far afield chasing other lords, but they are very aggressive. Cunning Lords are regular bastards, but they answer your calls to arms and fight sensibly. Self-Righteous requires a lot of land but they defend it and campaign with you. Probably only Lezalit is worth it. The troublesome lords can be useful for building relations with other lords, just don't take their side in arguments. I have a troublesome brother-in-law and I don't think he'll ever betray me no matter how much he hates me. No ideas about sadistic, they probably love raiding villages, which can be useful.

I find myself sieging castles with infantry and archers I have on hand with lords nearby, then using the castle as a base for my heavy cavalry which I use to destroy any who come to attack in the field, as waiting around for a siege to start isn't any good. Also only fight battles we need to, as wiping the AI out over and over will drop faction relations too low to ever make peace with. Very neat how they designed the game so this stuff can function sort of how they were used in real life.

HOPE THIS POST ISN'T TOO LONG FAGGOTS

----
think i actually figured a way to keep all 16 companions without persuasion:

MB_Companions.gif

if you look at the companion circle, you can "pass off" the relation penalty around the circle by siding with one of them in an argument, but one of the companions in each circle will ruin it for the rest, and end up giving a net -10 relations to two adjacent companions.

Those two companions- one in each circle who are both friends- will have to leave the party regularly to keep it from collapsing. I would suggest Katrin and Bunduk in order to keep all the nobles in party at all times. So when Rolf and Bunduk quarrel, you'd take Bunduk's side, and the same with Lezalit- when they quarrel take Bunduk's side. Then when Rolf and Lezalit's morale tanks you'd send Bunduk away.

When you begin making companions lords it will become fully stable, save for Jeremus and Artimenner. When Lezalit and Firentis are made lords they will be unstable. You can alternate them as ministers to keep your companion return que clear. And when they argue, make sure to play both sides with them.

You would probably have to send companions out on spy missions at the game start when you haven't found each of the companions friends, but it will eventually become stable. If you kill tons of bandits while sorting out your band of heroes it should work.

Last edited:

Syme

Arbiter
sOd7vrD.jpg

Player of the match: Alessandro Provenzano - 4 clear cut chances. Yeah no shit when you get 4 penalties awarded, just look at the shit-eating grin on this motherfucker.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
"Hey Sodomites, My name is Thot-Horeb, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are fat, retarded, no-lifes who spend every second of their day looking at stupid ass . You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever gotten any pussy? I mean, I guess it's fun making fun of people because of your own insecurities, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than jerking off to pictures on facebook. Don't be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I'm pretty much perfect. I was captain of the Pharao's Guard, and starter on my Setite temple. What sports do you play, other than "jack off to naked drawn Japanese people"? I also get straight A's, and have a banging hot girlfriend (She just blew me; Shit was SO cash). You are all faggots who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening. Pic Related: It's me and my bitch"
Clipboard01.jpg

boot

Prophet
SEUg56J.gif

Here's an img showing companion relations in a 16 man unstable/14 man stable hero party, with Katrin and Bunduk as unstable elements who will have to be sent on spy missions/right-to-rule missions until we begin lording companions.

The unstable party members must have a friend in the opposite circle, so Klethi/Deshavi and Artimenner/Lezalit won't work. I gave Artimenner and Jeremus -10 to both as I plan on making their friends into lords and alternating them as ministers, though you could side with Artimenner and then make him minister when Jeremus gets pissed pissed off. Think I might do that instead, Artimenner will not max engineering until lvl 25 I think, which he may never reach.

this img better describes what I posted about earlier in this post:

disagree with Tuidjy on his take that best use of companions is as straight up fighters, training them into good lords means you can have devoted vassals precisely when you need them, and you can do stuff like give Baheshtur 10 pathfinding, tactics, and training, and watch him defend all of the eastern lands by himself (as well as his buddy Rolf's lands to the west). Probably best to keep all noble companions with default combat stats, and prioritize training them over commoners who can take more powerstrike and whatever. After having your own kingdom healthy and well run, you don't even have to do much fighting yourself, companions are there mostly used as body guards so you can still clean up the 60 steppe bandits and other trash without trouble or for their skills. And giving them excellent equipment is what lets them wreck bandits and other trash anyway.

Also, it's important to reduce the number of companions in your line-up so your emissaries can rotate back into the party with news of the end of the war (and I think you'd be best with several emissaries, even when not negotiating for truces sending them just to talk with kings lets you know how hostile they feel toward you). Being forced to prolong a war because Katrin keeps coming back is very very bad.

and I'm finding assigning fiefs between companions and lords with their different personalities that effect how they behave in war to be extremely interesting and fun to figure out. Upstanding and good lords are not really "the best" as they still take relation loss for assigned fiefs (just not with upstanding and good lords, they don't mind sharing land with good guys) and don't actually campaign with you unless very loyal. Martial lords don't answer calls to campaign unless they're very loyal as well. They're also likely let their villages get burned down as they run too far afield chasing other lords, but they are very aggressive. Cunning Lords are regular bastards, but they answer your calls to arms and fight sensibly. Self-Righteous requires a lot of land but they defend it and campaign with you. Probably only Lezalit is worth it. The troublesome lords can be useful for building relations with other lords, just don't take their side in arguments. I have a troublesome brother-in-law and I don't think he'll ever betray me no matter how much he hates me. No ideas about sadistic, they probably love raiding villages, which can be useful.

I find myself sieging castles with infantry and archers I have on hand with lords nearby, then using the castle as a base for my heavy cavalry which I use to destroy any who come to attack in the field, as waiting around for a siege to start isn't any good. Also only fight battles we need to, as wiping the AI out over and over will drop faction relations too low to ever make peace with. Very neat how they designed the game so this stuff can function sort of how they were used in real life.

HOPE THIS POST ISN'T TOO LONG FAGGOTS

----
think i actually figured a way to keep all 16 companions without persuasion:

MB_Companions.gif

if you look at the companion circle, you can "pass off" the relation penalty around the circle by siding with one of them in an argument, but one of the companions in each circle will ruin it for the rest, and end up giving a net -10 relations to two adjacent companions.

Those two companions- one in each circle who are both friends- will have to leave the party regularly to keep it from collapsing. I would suggest Katrin and Bunduk in order to keep all the nobles in party at all times. So when Rolf and Bunduk quarrel, you'd take Bunduk's side, and the same with Lezalit- when they quarrel take Bunduk's side. Then when Rolf and Lezalit's morale tanks you'd send Bunduk away.

When you begin making companions lords it will become fully stable, save for Jeremus and Artimenner. When Lezalit and Firentis are made lords they will be unstable. You can alternate them as ministers to keep your companion return que clear. And when they argue, make sure to play both sides with them.

You would probably have to send companions out on spy missions at the game start when you haven't found each of the companions friends, but it will eventually become stable. If you kill tons of bandits while sorting out your band of heroes it should work.

Also, I'd like to add I disagree with most of what Tuidjy had to say about companions. He plays the game very autistically, basically soloing all content which I think is kinda absurd. It's much more sane to crush the late game with smart fief assignments and well placed personal armies, and having super-combat companions is not as important there (and no matter how high a companions combat stats are, their AI will always be atrocious. Also, some combat companions don't have the skillpoints available to get good with bows, and combat companions will likely be spending endgame cutting things up on chargers so it's not that important. During sieges crossbow companions are still very good.

Silly Germans

I have just finished the Supreme Commander Cybran Campaign. The last mission gave me quite some trouble on hard but finally Black Sun is mine !

The UEF base has turned to rubble,

It is hard to believe that the game is over 13 years old. It still beats all current rts games gameplay wise and even most games visually. The rts genre really could use some powerful necromancy to rise up again. Even Supreme Commander 2 looks worse, which i finished before i started SupCom again. It really is SupCom Light and should have been called Supcom Tactics or something. A proper successor to SupCom would be great. Next, I shall take some comfort with SupCom Forged Alliance.

Psquit

Arcane

After ten thousand years I'm free!
It's time to rape conquer Nirn!

73Y64rg.jpg

Alpha, Molag Bal's escaped! Recruit a team of Soul Shriven with attitude!
elkHz3z.png

bLso9dx.png

cOlq7KC.jpg

The moose is loose!

rOFavBb.jpg

LldjWk4.jpg

8MNK6gS.jpg

:yeah:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom