Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Dorateen

Arcane
Wait.

If you Launch Module, then Load Saved Game from the character selection menu...

You start a new game... but keep the experience?

Yes, this is part of the save/load game problem, that I don't think has been addressed yet. I'm waiting for Pierre to address the issue. Loading from the module/character selection screen starts a new game, but characters have all the XP, gold and inventory from the saved game.

So just don't use it? what are you waiting for exactly? there are far worse cheats if that's your issue.

Because the load from the main screen causes a crash. Shouldn't the option to load the save game once launching Augury of Chaos, be an alternative? I don't think it is meant to just import those characters into a new game, otherwise it would not be called Load Save.

In other words, I have not been able to reload the save I have in progress, and before starting over I want to see if the issue can be fixed.

Mortmal

Arcane
Here's the combat log Antimagic cloud: Queen Sattram concentration 58 success (DC 33) . Godly encounters at level 12.

How that fight is going for me atm:

Cast silence: Queen casts stilled lvl 8 spells , the other 3 casters destroy you instead.
Cast antimagic cloud: The 3 casters become useless, Queen proceeds to murder you all by herself.
Cast feeblemind: Contingent Break Enchantment.. :smug:

I entered that fight with my party at lvl 8, hoarding xp, and have given up and used all my gold to lvl up as many as I can. Also can't go back to sell loot because the gate is closed..

:neveraskedforthis:
Almost succeeded by using meteor strike on spiders then finishing fight with summons, then the game crashed...Think i would fare better with more spell casters as they could all use one or two level 9 scroll round one . Btw are warlock and psy fighter able to use psionist scroll . Might try an heavy spellcaster party next. Sr will be compensated by summons.

cruelio

Savant
im working on that fight against the 4 elemental spellcasters (after portcullis/gargoyle)
- apparently you can't cast energy missile into a silenced area even if standing outside
- air elemental mage makes reflex save for zero dmg against evocation spell despite not having evasion
They key to that fight is hoping the elementals waste their time casting useless spells that get resisted by will instead of crunking your party with brutal aoes over and over. Also making sure to fuck with your formation in advance of interacting with the book to make sure as many people as possible are towards where the elementals are instead of buried in that little nook where the book is to make it even easier for the elementals to AOE spam you to death.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Use silence spell, it has 2 effects, besides the obvious it can't coexist with their clouds

cruelio

Savant
Those are the easy encounters, cruelio.
Yes, even the no weapons surprise minotaur and the pool druids. In those fights you still get to act.

Later in the game you just die if you don't get initiative because you'll eat 200+ elemental damage or everyone will be webbed, asleep and confused inside a stinking cloud. Before you get a turn.

By the way, not killing the minotaur can bite you if you have no way to penetrate DR. There's a certain fight coming where having a magical weapon is very useful, and he drops a greataxe +1. Alternatively summons or spells might get you past.
I obliterated the mimics with no problems and just beat the door mimic (that couldn't get up from grease) and the gargoyle (that was suspiciously resilient to debuffs) to death 1 damage at a time on my first attempt. So if I'm capable of doing that in one go I put to you that the minotaur fight is really stupid and ill-conceived. Pierre is obviously very familiar with 3E / Pathfinder mechanics and knows that a single character will get obliterated by a six person party every time simply because of action economy... unless you make them so powerful the party statistically can't touch them without rolling 20s and them rolling 1s. Which is what he did.

cruelio

Savant
I actually do think if I was thinking a little harder I could have put up a better fight against the minotaur if I managed to have a mage get reflex roll to avoid being stuck / get a conc check if stuck to burn the web, although that would have meant immediately doing a ton of damage to my guys and still left the issue of how to kill him before he killed his way through my party. That save game is from too long ago for me to want to go back to it and try.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Concentration checks sure are hard in this game. First of all, you don't get the +3 skill modifier you'd have from spending skill points on Concentration, just like Knights of the Chalice 1. Also, the DC to cast on the defensive is 15 + 2x Spell Level instead of just 15 + Spell Level.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Web seems to mean death for casters, esp. w/ like 20% Break Free chance?

Web is a fucking nasty spell, especially at low levels. People often overlook it.

It'll fuck anything over that doesn't have freedom of movement, a good reflex save or high strength.

Latro

Arcane
you can cast stuff on yourself and then re-spec away from the spell for free into something else. you can do this for blur, mass blur, and mirror image; anything you can cast out-of-combat and last until rest. not a bad thing if you have that item that refreshes all spells for the day.

Latro

Arcane
worth enchanting? too gold hungry for levels to really bother with it, if the game's beatable without it, I'm just gonna sell all this crap

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Wait.

If you Launch Module, then Load Saved Game from the character selection menu...

You start a new game... but keep the experience?

And... the Ch2 party that gets imported, suddenly is restored to all the Ch1 equipment they had in the previous campaign before they lost it....?

And.... I get a Kickstarter special cloak that I have never seen before?
Yeah, from that screen you're actually importing your party form a save game, not reloading.

This is useful information to those making mods: script #102 distributes basic equipment to your characters once you start a module, be it from zero or importing a new party. Without it, all characters start without any items.

Also, Pierre's module has a script that adds the "Kickstarter status" variable to your party and gives the leader a Cloak of the Dauntless Knight.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
worth enchanting? too gold hungry for levels to really bother with it, if the game's beatable without it, I'm just gonna sell all this crap

Probably best just to avoid it as much as possible, only thing you really want is SR and it might be better to sink gold into the cloaks of SR instead of burning xp. Later on you'll have a lot more gold.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
But not infinite gold. The economy in this game, as busted as it seems, is pretty good. You can make some critical enchantments and purchases, but if you overdo it you do run out easily.

Tweed
Did 27 SR cloaks on everyone make a noticeable difference for you?

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Did 27 SR cloaks on everyone make a noticeable difference for you?

Yes, absolutely, saved me a lot of additional reloads and frustrations, if you want to enchant your armor it frees up a space for a different cloak like a white dragon mantle or the arachnine, but you definitely want SR III. Speaking of which hopefully Pierre will fix the problem with wizard SR overwriting item SR.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom