Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Beowulf

Arcane
Snarky twitter posts don't make me want to buy their tranny simulator game.

But paid and free media coverage in magazines, youtube videos and during conventions seem to attract many other people.
Not that anything would convince you to buy a game you label as such.
Unless you're into tranny simulators.

Codex Year of the Donut

But paid and free media coverage in magazines, youtube videos and during conventions seem to attract many other people.
The problem is that despite not even being released yet the game is already well known. How many potential customers is that social media person actually attracting?
Hey, I could be wrong. Let me just go review some of their tweets to see what this marketing genius is possibly doing...

...Video games?

flabbyjack

Arcane
Yes, another MS Paint contest is in order for Cyberpunk 2077!

By popular demand here was my submission for The Witcher 3
00ieV5.png

And here's one of the two winners
15691.jpg

And the other winner
15690.png

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron

The problem is that despite not even being released yet the game is already well known. How many potential customers is that social media person actually attracting?
Hey, I could be wrong. Let me just go review some of their tweets to see what this marketing genius is possibly doing...

...Video games?

This looks like someone who realized he's living on borrowed time and has stopped giving a fuck. Didn't they change their Twitter handler or was that for CDPR main account?

Gargaune

Magister
OJC was indeed right. Social media is part of marketing, and the marketing budgets for AAA video games are absurd.
Those overblown marketing budgets are the result of expensive ad campaigns and promotional events, not from staffing a couple of English graduates to shitpost on Twatter. That's just a drop in the bucket.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
OJC dropped some nice truth bombs here. Well done. Twitter faggots. These days AAA companies pay more shills and "marketing personel" and CEO bonuses than they pay developers and artists to make games. Then they complain they need to increase base price to 70$ cause "making games is expensive". Faggots.
I am in favor of Poland getting an even bigger discount at the expense of Eurozone players, and further twitter shitposting. :incline:

Semiurge

Cipher
Man, instant meltdown. Twatter dude sure knows how to push their buttons.

07f32d1a7df0cd0303de34006ae5e692.png

Miss Flappy Clam throwing a hissy fit over here.

I'm not happy either if it won't let me create a halal version without clitoris and labia, and with what's left stitched shut until "use".

Iorweth's path has a more interesting location, big ass chickens and lesbomancy.

The giant "chicken" is in Roche's path.

Zlaja

Arcane
The giant "chicken" is in Roche's path.

Damn, I forgot about that. That is certainly a giant ass "chicken" but I was actually talking about this guy:

hqdefault.jpg

Both paths have big ass "chickens". Balanced!

Last edited:

Tehdagah

Arcane

...Video games?

Omg they are just like me!

NullFlow

Savant
There's some interesting details I gleaned from a German site that went more in-depth to the RPG mechanics and an idea of the skills, perks, loot and cyberware we get. Hopefully not already posted but from my cursory search at past pages it doesn't seem to have been shown. The entire preview delves into details I haven't seen other previews mention in crafting, loot and the perks system.

• Body - Health + Stamina, how long you can hold characters before they escape, shotguns, heavy weapons, heavy machine guns, blunt blow weapons, violent opening of doors, dragging people out of cars
  • Intelligence - solving complex problems, quick hacking, capacity of the cyber deck, can interact with more objects, uncover new paths in the game world
  • Reflexes - speed, agility and reaction time, dodging, critical hits, attack and movement speed, handling rifles, handguns, blades
  • Tech - building armor and weapons, dealing with tech weapons, effects in the fight against mechanical opponents
  • Cool - coping with difficult situations, influencing critical hits and damage resistance, how quickly an opponent notices when sneaking up, effectiveness as an assassin
By the way, all of these attributes open up individual dialog options. With your technical expertise, you may be able to persuade an IT technician to let you into an office or, as a muscle man, may be more popular with bodybuilders among gang members. In addition to your life path, you have more scenarios of how meetings with NPCs can end.

https://translate.google.com/transl...kel/341-xxl-preview-cyberpunk-2077-angespielt

There are actually 12 skill trees behind each of the five attributes : Body has three, Reflex has three, Tech has two, Intelligence and Cool also two.

The respective skill trees have their own generic terms, which describe a bit the supported play style. For example, Body has the skill trees Athletics , Street Brawler and Annihilation (see diagram above) .

Athletics seems to improve physical performance and resilience, because these are a few examples of the 22 skills I counted here:

• Gladiator - reduces damage taken while blocking by 20%.
  • Regeneration - slowly regenerates health in combat.
  • Pack Mule - doubles carrying capacity.
  • Invincible increases maximum health by 10%.
  • Super Hero Landing - reduces fall damage by 5%.
  • Multitasker - lets you shoot while sprinting, sliding and jumping at the same time.
  • Transporter - lets you shoot and sprint while carrying a body.
  • Hard motherfucker - at the start of a fight, armor and resistance are increased by 20% for 10 seconds.
Street Brawler is a tree with 20 individual skills, which is mainly about hand-to-hand combat.

For Annihilation it comes to heavy weapons such as shotguns and heavy machine guns, what wait according to my count 19 Skills to your activation.

One Skiltree group that I could take a look at was Reflexes. There are handguns (20 skills), rifles (20 skills) and blades (23 skills).

At Intelligence there are the skill hacks Device Hacking (21) and Target Hacking .

Cool has stealth and cold blood . Cold Blood is very interesting because the whole tree describes more precisely the buffs of an effect that is activated when your HP falls below 40%. Cold Blood simulates how V stays calm despite bullets and opponents.

Progress within a skill tree is very classic: perk points are used for unlocking, an unlocked skill enables the unlocking of another, etc. (see skill tree diagram above). You can apparently unlock some skills up to a maximum level of 3, which makes the effects even stronger. For some skills, however, you have to have spent a certain number of perks in the tree in order to unlock them. A crowning skill at the bottom of the tree, also called a trait, requires the activation (almost) of all previous ones.

The number of attribute points awarded also determines how many perk points you are allowed to sink within the respective skill tree. So if you only have a body of 4, you can only spend a maximum of 4 perk points in the three skill trees. Currently you can reach a maximum attribute level of 20, however, the CDPR team is still dealing with balancing and maybe the level cap will increase later in the DLCs.

https://translate.google.com/transl...kel/341-xxl-preview-cyberpunk-2077-angespielt

The perks are definitely chock full of passive and triggered percentage increases from what I've seen, but a YouTuber discussed the melee perks and there's types that let you push a grabbed enemy, block bullets and perform dash attacks, unlock throwing knives and aerial takedowns.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Social media is part of marketing, and the marketing budgets for AAA video games are absurd.
Does CDPR really have that high a marketing budget? Honest question, since the only things I see are youtube wannabees who at best say "I played this game for 5 hours already", and then continue "analyzing" the trailer. Again. Without adding any new insight.
As compared to Bethesda and e.g. FO76, what felt like the marketing department had asigned part of their budget to make a game.
How much dorrars did it cost to recreate the Greenbriar in the game, just so they could have an event for their embedded youtube jOuRnAliStS at the real location and show off the infamous canvas bags?
The marketing budget was probably higher than the development costs of Twitcher 1.
:negative:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Pack Mule - doubles carrying capacity
Oh dear, I almost forgot about the dreaded inventory management. It will be just like all the Deus Ex all over again, where I increase it all the time, so I can carry around all those shiny weapons I upgraded... and then never use them.
Because me's a sneaky bugger that punches people in the face for double xp.
Except in "Human Retardation", where the game forced you into rat diplomacy. :argh:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Invincible increases maximum health by 10%.

The names for these pitiful percentage increase perks... hilarious in a way.

Like in Witcher when they talk about a great reward and it's 10 crowns
That also reminds me of early Skyrim, where some designer TRIED to balance rewards at first. So you got a meager 30 bucks for helping the priest or whatever you could loot in dungeon.
Then some Chad intervened and said: PLAYERS NEED YUGE REWARDS OR THEY LOOSE INTEREST!
So everyone handed out scaled rewards worth ten more times than the shack they dwell in. :hahano:

Peachcurl

Cipher
While the skill/perk system may look worse than what we see in other RPGs, it still looks considerably better than what Witcher 3 had (at least at start, before the patch changes).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom