Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ubisoft Forward...popamole incoming

Oracsbox

Ubisoft new releases incoming

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
i will not buy if there isn't a representation of every letter of lgbtqp . and they better play a major role in the plot or no buy.
also remember to do your history unaccuracy right , because we all know history is a old bigot, and a sexist one
understood ubisoft?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I'm like 5 games back with Assassin's Creed, so you can imagine how excited I am for hot new viking footage.

I liked the stealthy stuff they showed for Watch Dogs 3, so we'll see how well developed that side of the game actually is. Far Cry is Far Cry, I'll get around to it someday. New Splinter Cell would be rad, Blacklist was actually pretty good. Imagine a... *whispers*... new franchise? I almost feel bad suggesting such a thing.

Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Where's my free Watch Dogs 2, you frog bastards!
rating_rage.gif

JDR13

Arcane
Totally forgot about this. I don't care about the new games footage, but I wanted to grab a freee copy of Watch Dogs 2 just to try it.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Lolhalla. They actually used the same tea bag three times wow.

Watch Dogs is so far the cringiest rendition of the popular "let's breathlessly warn of an impending far-right fascist state while the Maoist left is slowly taking over" narrative.

Kinda looking forward to Far Cry. Always liked to switch my brain off and unwind in these games. Hopefully after Ubi caught so much flak for FC5 being insufficiently OrangeManBad they didn't correct that "mistake" this time around.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
They fucked up the log in system so they're just giving Watch Dogs 2 to everyone I think.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Man, I fucking hate that you can do dumb shit like stand on the flying drone thingies in Watch Dogs. Leave that retarded shit out and it might be more interesting.

Anyway, the rest of the games looked like trash too. Only good looking thing was Ana Maria Musca :bounce::bounce::bounce:

ultimanecat

Arcane
Watch Dogs 2 may in fact be the one game I’m most upset to have paid money for, and that list includes shit like Spore or JRPGs I figured I could muddle through without knowing the language. It’s positively terrible, with the powerful combination of modern Rockstar’s shitty floaty imprecise gameplay and Ubisoft’s collect-a-thousand-feathers design being the least of its problems. You go on YouTube or read a review and it’ll probably complain that the diverse wiener protagonist can still use guns even though it doesn’t make sense but really, I lit everybody up with assault rifles and grenades because the cast of characters are all hopeless caricatures of the worst kinds of people. I actually resorted to blowing everyone up in a desperate attempt to make the game tolerable. So for instance you’re supposed to sneak into a building while sympathetic protesters distract security outside and I just blew up the protest. But then you meet up with the trans mayor of SF or something and suddenly you can’t blow them up (invincible-flagged NPCs are retarded in sandbox games) and I gave up, because clearly Ubisoft can’t even get a GTA5 simulator right without fucking it up.

Please enjoy your free larp-as-an-annoying-woke-zoomer game, and pay respects to those who paid for that garbage before you.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Brothers in Arms are the only good Ubisoft games that I remember.
Just checked, I can't believe those were Ubisoft games. Considering all the sequels and shit they keep shilling out with Ass's Creed and Rainbow, I can't imagine them ever making a good game.

Oh, that's why. I only played Earned in Blood. Wikipedia shows a long list of developers and publishers...

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Just checked, I can't believe those were Ubisoft games. Considering all the sequels and shit they keep shilling out with Ass's Creed and Rainbow, I can't imagine them ever making a good game.

Oh, that's why. I only played Earned in Blood. Wikipedia shows a long list of developers and publishers...
Discounting the long list of awful spin-offs... There's just three mainline games. Road to Hill 30, the first one. Earned in Blood, the best one. Hell's Highway, already showing sings on console-retardation (cover system, difficulty) but still enjoyable.

But yeah, the reality is truly grim. Ubisoft took one FPS franchise, which was really good and made with care (did you check the extras developers provided?) and turned it into a phone shovelware.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom