Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassins Creed Valhalla - set in the Viking age - now on Steam

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
These are two completely different genres.

They appeal largely to the same audience regardless and hyping two games at a time is just not going to happen.

But cyberflop is going to suffer more.

Oh shit, an edgelord with a crystal ball.

Atleast AC will be relatively sjw free game. Cyberflop is going to have non-stop bombardment of sjw,tranny, alpabet propaganda.

Clearly you're high or something. Every single AC game is an SJW extravaganza. Cyberpunk may well match that, but you are bananas thinking AC is "relatively sjw free".

They're both SJW shitfests.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
I do not like what i see. Ancient Rome was a better setting than this.

It was the setting that was most logical as well, going from Ancient Egypt to Ancient Greece to Ancient Rome.

But I am sure focus testing revealed that Vikings were much more hip to the kidz. Let's face it, this series is just a steady paycheck for Ubi and they'll set it wherever they think is the most "cool" each time.

There will be an AC Rome one day. It's a matter of time.

I just came here to laugh at everyone that thinks this game will be good

AC games were never good, they range from trite and banal, to passable entertainment at their best. Only oldfags who can't shut up about the garbo AC2 are the only ones who claim any of these games were actually "good".

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
After watching the trailers I have to wonder what anything of this has to do with "assassin's creed". I really liked the first 3 games, the sci-fi stuff, conspiracies, secret ancient organisations etc, now it just seems it's some kind of fantasy history mini-rpg's? Besides that, the combat look really poor.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
This looks like a downgrade from both origins and Odyssey, not sure what went through those French cunts minds when they decided this Trainwreck was in state to be released in November. Probably they just thought that the fact that it's going to be a launch title for a new console generation will assure them sales regardless of quality.

Yosharian

Arcane
This looks like a downgrade from both origins and Odyssey, not sure what went through those French cunts minds when they decided this Trainwreck was in state to be released in November. Probably they just thought that the fact that it's going to be a launch title for a new console generation will assure them sales regardless of quality.
I'm pretty sure this is what went through their minds:

"What's the minimum amount of time and effort we can put in to churn out an Odyssey reskin that'll make us millions of dollars?"

DemonKing

Arcane
Release seems to have be leaked and it's November 17. Two days before Cyberpunk.

Going head to head against Cyberpunk is a courageous choice by Ubi.

Most likely that is when one of the new consoles will launch so they want to ensure they're a launch title as people are going to pick up some games they might otherwise not get to go with their shiny new toy.

Isak

Educated
"Tight combat with realistic moves" or Assassins Creed. Pick one [...] blablablabla.

Clearly this autistic fart-huffer has never played the earlier AC games.

While nowhere near the likes of KCD or Bannerlord the combat in earlier AC games was indeed way more realistic. The combat was harder, the climbing wasn't ridiculously fast and PCs could be knocked down more often and didn't have a shit-ton of different, unneeded weapons.

The earlier games did a great job of actually making you feel like playing a normal, trained, human assassin rather than a supersoldier who can kill forever.

You would infiltrate the area, hit the target(s) hard and fast, taking down his guards only if necessary, and then melt back into the city.
When you killed your target, it was pretty much suicidal to try and take on every last pursuer. What you did was you ran for your motherfucking life. And that is what being an assassin means: kill one man for the sake of the many. Not: "kill one man and 60 of his men who were just doing their jobs".
Fleeing was much harder and definitely makes more sense that it'd be hard to get away from guards after murdering a bunch of people.

Now in Odyssey a front kick sends people flying 50 metres, or you can take someone's shield and throw it 100 metres away like a frisbee and etc. etc. blablabla. Stupid as fuck given the very realistic setting.

You are supposed to be a fucking assassin for a secret and mysterious brotherhood for fuck's sake..not motherfucking Superman.

So yeah the combat was much more realistic. Educate yerself, ya lousy gimp.

Last edited:

typical user

Arbiter
The earlier games did a great job of actually making you feel like playing a normal, trained, human assassin rather than a supersoldier who can kill forever.

Yeah like counter-attack wasn't broken in AC1 or you couldn't huff glue from plague-doctors all day to replenish life in AC2.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
After watching the trailers I have to wonder what anything of this has to do with "assassin's creed". I really liked the first 3 games, the sci-fi stuff, conspiracies, secret ancient organisations etc, now it just seems it's some kind of fantasy history mini-rpg's? Besides that, the combat look really poor.

It has nothing to do with the first three games, fortunately since they age like old socks - but that's been the case for half a decade, if you had bothered to look into it. Did you think they'd remake the same game forever?

Even Ubi iterates on their formula, now it's an RPG like Witcher 3. It used to be a Prince of Persia clone with a Dan Brown plot, which was very, very stupid. Now, the Dan Brown lore is still there, just de-emphasized a lot.

Clearly this autistic fart-huffer has never played the earlier AC games.

Oh I have, you little shitstain and judging by your own post, you really shouldn't draw attention to "fart-huffing", which is the main content of that drivel you excreted.

While nowhere near the likes of KCD or Bannerlord the combat in earlier AC games was indeed way more realistic. The combat was harder, the climbing wasn't ridiculously fast and PCs could be knocked down more often and didn't have a shit-ton of different, unneeded weapons.

Now you proudly advertise that you haven't played any of the AC games, at all ... der ewige Newfag.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Fucking autistically namedropping some shit games, as if anyone gives a damn. Combat in "earlier" AC games, such as AC2, was utter power fantasy bullshit.

Here's how the game works: Parry+stab = kill, and only one enemy will ever attack at a time, because realism
cool_story_bro.png
you fucking turbo retard.

I rest my case, you paint eating chimp. Go kill yourself, shithead. You'll die alone and abandoned anyway.

Last edited:

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hey kidz I heard you like choices and consequences in your prestigious RPG, so I present to you:

vBGCXdc.png

Now please day 1 purchase the mega ultra special collector's edtion kids, thank you for your idiot contribution.

On a serious note, I'm surprised the guy actually comes back at the end. But from what I've seen from Odyssey, this could have been easily cherrypicked...

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
But from what I've seen from Odyssey, this could have been easily cherrypicked...

So you concede you haven't actually played Odyssey, but you have a strong opinion on that game. You obviously haven't played Valhalla, literally nobody has played that game yet, and yet you have very strong opinions of the game, it's features, flaws etc.

You have played neither game, certainly not the unreleased game, and yet these strong opinions.

Having an opinion of everything is not a virtue and it really makes people look extra stupid when they have opinions on something they actually don't know, and declare their proud ignorance of.

You may be right, I'm not saying you're wrong ... but, you don't know. And yet... you talk as if you do. I'm not picking on you personally, half the posts itt are exactly the same.

Is it projection? Wishful thinking? Trying to appeal to what people think is the mainstream opinion here?

mystery.png
mystery.png
mystery.png

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Sorry, English isn't my mother tongue. I should have said "from what I've played". There's a reason why I'm skeptical ;)

9ZZu728.png

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Sorry, English isn't my mother tongue. I should have said "from what I've played". There's a reason why I'm skeptical ;)

Yes, not much C&C in Odyssey, ... Baldur's Gate level or so.

There's no choice in earlier AC titles, like AC2, AC3 and so on. They were 100% linear jumping simulators for absolute retards who thought the games were historically accurate and "immersive".

Odyssey was the largest improvement on the series to date, ditching so much of the legacy bullshit and becoming an RPG. That in and of itself is a line in the sand and should make it absolutely clear, that this isn't the old AC bullshit jump lol kill power fantasy.

It's a different kind of power fantasy, more nerdy.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Asscreed used to be a low quality, medieval Hitman clone. I'm surprised because they managed to worsen the game. Now it's For Honor's missing campaign. Ubisoft is a disgusting company with yearly releases of vomit inducing games.
Just as bad as EA.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Asscreed used to be a low quality, medieval Hitman clone.

No, not even close. It was a Prince of Persia Sands of Time clone, in fact made and designed by the same person who made PoP:SoT.

It is 100% linear, like PoP, its controls are functionally the equivalent of PoP and the setting is even closer to PoP than anything else. In fact, it couldn't be farther from Hitman, a game with non-linear open levels and no Prince of Persia parkour.

edit: baud

Last edited:

Quillon

Arcane
I still wonder why they went from fantasy middle east to modern mystery/Sci-Fi setting

because fuck fantasy, one thing that's good about ubi is their games generally have realistic concepts

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom