Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
You can still kill them later if you wish so. Also avoiding the battle with the cultists might prove better in the long run. "Do I kill you now or later for better profit" is the only kind of c&c on kotc as far as I know, which makes me wonder if there might be something everyone's been missing by siding with the grey goblins.

Argh, the pain.
When you realize 10 levels later you accidentally picked Banishment (100% useless) domain over Mysticism because somehow the level up screen messed up.
At this point I'm beginning to suspect you're addicted to rerolling parties and this is just an excuse to start all over again.

But really, save yourself the hassle and edit the character, we won't tell Pierre.

Can you elaborate a bit about why leaving the cultists alive is a good thing in the long run? Thanks

You get an extra quest if you trick yannos to think you are working for him, but I never saw anyone completing that quest ( mostly because people just kill them all )

4. Are there flying enemies in this game?
Yes there are many flying creatures in the game. They are immune to all the ground crap, I even tripped a flying creature and shoved it into a fire square but he was still immune to it... go figure.

Mortmal

Arcane
It's fine... I am clearing Castle Gleegold with my primary party. 1 Battlement left and I can attack the front gate.

But I am not gonna lie, the urge to replay the game with an even better party is very strong. Discord thinks Psychic Warriors are hot shit but I tend to assume everyone but us is drooling retards so I doubt it works out.

Also, editing your character is cheating. Maybe Banishment will come in handy in the castle. Probably not.

I don't think I can lose anymore. I have 3 rest spots, 6 of the spell restoring herbs, and a full power restore, all saved up... also like 20 scrolls of True Ressurection.

Which leads me to wonder, why did people tell me I will miss Level 8/9 Cleric spells? You get SO many scrolls of that shit that I just have the Paladin/Sorc/Bishop read those and it's fine.
Dont see any reason to pick psychic warrior either, they need to buff before being efficient in combat, you simply dont have time for that, and why would you when you can send a fighter , a gladiator or a barbarian instead. Same for mageknight, the only reason i think to take them is for using scrolls and benifits from perfect combat casting. As front line they are lame .Lot of poor info on discord, you wont finish the game with 6 bishop with aberration domain either.
Also dont edit your characters, each time you do that pierre kills a kitten.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
It is doable, and you are fucked, because without a semi-optimal party you aren't going to survive it.

1) Try selling the Chaos Flail (if you aren't using it) and leveling up OR
2) Try doing the goblin arena instead

See your first party as recon. Gather intel on what fights you can expect, and where to best use your scrolls and potions.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
It is doable, and you are fucked, because without a semi-optimal party you aren't going to survive it.

I can already level up 3 characters without selling anything. If I sell the chaos flail I can level up one more. The goblin arena scares me, there are so many fucking enemies, it's ultra spoopy. Since you already did all the testing like a madman, which route has the best outcome in the arena?

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
You can still kill them later if you wish so. Also avoiding the battle with the cultists might prove better in the long run. "Do I kill you now or later for better profit" is the only kind of c&c on kotc as far as I know, which makes me wonder if there might be something everyone's been missing by siding with the grey goblins.

Argh, the pain.
When you realize 10 levels later you accidentally picked Banishment (100% useless) domain over Mysticism because somehow the level up screen messed up.
At this point I'm beginning to suspect you're addicted to rerolling parties and this is just an excuse to start all over again.

But really, save yourself the hassle and edit the character, we won't tell Pierre.

Can you elaborate a bit about why leaving the cultists alive is a good thing in the long run? Thanks

You get an extra quest if you trick yannos to think you are working for him, but I never saw anyone completing that quest ( mostly because people just kill them all )

4. Are there flying enemies in this game?
Yes there are many flying creatures in the game. They are immune to all the ground crap, I even tripped a flying creature and shoved it into a fire square but he was still immune to it... go figure.

Yeah, but does it net more xp/items than just straight up carnage? Also, havent heard anyone taking it....

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
6 bishops with 20 wis and 20 cha with abberation and smart choosing of other domains for free feats seem pretty good on paper. Might try it out to see how far can Pierre push my shit in xD

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Well completing a high level quest got to be better than a few xp points on level 3. But this is speculation.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
I can already level up 3 characters without selling anything. If I sell the chaos flail I can level up one more. The goblin arena scares me, there are so many fucking enemies, it's ultra spoopy. Since you already did all the testing like a madman, which route has the best outcome in the arena?

I did it at level 3 this time, it's obvious to me now that Pierre wants you to do the crypt before the arena and then win a solo side (grey goblin, of course the grey goblins) for maximum xp and awards along with Erizmon if you want him. Skeletons are piss easy, giant skeletons are a bit harder, have to make sure nobody dies during that. The ghosts are annoying and that's where I burnt most of my magic, but the mace makes it a lot easier.

Vampires and mummies are the hardest of all and where I got stuck the longest, but that's when I found the cleverness of the room design. I had almost no power left, but I had two psions with grease and there are two holes in that room, bait the vampire and mummy into getting next to the spike pit and shove them in. The ghost dragon is actually the easiest of all, just reload until the mace destroys him.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Someone said it happens when you do the Detect Evil dialogue option.

Can't be it because I did that, I took all the same dialogue options I did the first time with the intent of avoiding the crash. I detected evil, asked Erizmon, asked her about the tome, asked her why she wanted to join and then I let her in.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture

Two ways:
1) You do the arena first. I will explain your choices there later.
2) You do the crypt trap first.

In my opinion 2) is better, and I will explain why:

When you cross, you get a few options:
a) fight greens with help
b) fight greens without help
c) fight greys with help
d) fight greys without help
e) fight all

a/b give you a Cloak of Globe of Invulnerability, a ring of Fear Immunity and 50K.
c/d give you a +4 STR/DEX belt, a 1/2 circle slot belt and a fire cloak and 40K.
e gives you fuck all because Pierre hates you and me

So why is 2) better?
Well, you see, you get twice the gold if you do it without help. And gold is precious early on.
If you do the crypt first, you will easily be strong and well-equipped enough to beat one side without help.Fighting alone also doesn't tank the engine as much.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron

I did it at level 3 this time, it's obvious to me now that Pierre wants you to do the crypt before the arena and then win a solo side (grey goblin, of course the grey goblins) for maximum xp and awards along with Erizmon if you want him. Skeletons are piss easy, giant skeletons are a bit harder, have to make sure nobody dies during that. The ghosts are annoying and that's where I burnt most of my magic, but the mace makes it a lot easier.

Vampires and mummies are the hardest of all and where I got stuck the longest, but that's when I found the cleverness of the room design. I had almost no power left, but I had two psions with grease and there are two holes in that room, bait the vampire and mummy into getting next to the spike pit and shove them in. The ghost dragon is actually the easiest of all, just reload until the mace destroys him.
Is there an obvious way to deal with Strength/Constitution damage? Those shadows are fucking scumbags.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Is there an obvious way to deal with Strength/Constitution damage? Those shadows are fucking scumbags.

Not really no, the shadows and the mummies are the hardest part of trying to handle it at a low level. You can try summons to keep them distracted, otherwise it comes down to a certain amount of luck.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Which leads me to wonder, why did people tell me I will miss Level 8/9 Cleric spells? You get SO many scrolls of that shit that I just have the Paladin/Sorc/Bishop read those and it's fine.

What about Mass Harm ?
It was the most efficient spell in KotC, sometimes, the only reliable way to damage some foes.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
how many companions can you find and what classes are they
You couldn't fucking use the search thread function for "companion"?

Companion 1 is a meh Sorcerer that you can get after the Tomb or after the Goblin Arena. Despite having meh stats and feats, having an extra caster is still extremely good. He also has a quest giving two great items.
Companion 2 is a Warlock that you can get at the beginning of chapter 3. She crashes the game for me so I can't talk about her.
Companion 3 is a Succubus Paladin (...Pierre) with absurd Cha. I find her useful because she can fly, Smite for good damage and offers the paladin auras.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron

Not really no, the shadows and the mummies are the hardest part of trying to handle it at a low level. You can try summons to keep them distracted, otherwise it comes down to a certain amount of luck.
The shadows were hard and I needed a couple of reloads to kill one of the two casters in the first round with a charge and an Energy Missile, but the mummies + vampire was a breeze.

With Greater Spell Focus, my Druid had an 85% chance of hitting with Quicksand and you can aim it so that it hits both a mummy and the vampire. I surrounded the other mummy with a Summon Crocodile and a Tentacled Horror, then I charged in with my two melee guys. The summoned creatures tanked the ability damage and were able to deal enough damage to take down both mummies with the help of 2 Scorching Ray and 2 Energy Missile. I wasted A LOT of resources (a domain power usage, 2 level 2 Druid Spells, 2 level 2 Wizard spells and 6 power points on the Psion), but I came out from the fight without a single damage or reload.

Up until now, the Aberration domain with maxed Charisma, Extra Turning, Augment Summoning and Summon Mastery was the strongest tool at my disposal. However, Quicksand is a gift from the gods. I just hope I can fucking rest now...

Ah, the dragon was a real pushover: he failed the save against Glitterdust and went down in three rounds without doing anything worthy of note. If there is no extra boss behind the door, this death snare thing is extremely easy at level 3 with a non-joke party. However, if now I have to face a boss without resting, Pierre is a monster.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ah, the dragon was a real pushover: he failed the save against Glitterdust and went down in three rounds without doing anything worthy of note.

Can't beat the feeling of satisfaction when a powerful enemy with strong saves fails a save or suck.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Ah, the dragon was a real pushover: he failed the save against Glitterdust and went down in three rounds without doing anything worthy of note.

Can't beat the feeling of satisfaction when a powerful enemy with strong saves fails a save or suck.
He still had a 40% chance of failing that save, so you should be able to reliably blind him with two casts of Glitterdust.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron

The shadows were hard and I needed a couple of reloads to kill one of the two casters in the first round with a charge and an Energy Missile, but the mummies + vampire was a breeze.

With Greater Spell Focus, my Druid had an 85% chance of hitting with Quicksand and you can aim it so that it hits both a mummy and the vampire. I surrounded the other mummy with a Summon Crocodile and a Tentacled Horror, then I charged in with my two melee guys. The summoned creatures tanked the ability damage and were able to deal enough damage to take down both mummies with the help of 2 Scorching Ray and 2 Energy Missile. I wasted A LOT of resources (a domain power usage, 2 level 2 Druid Spells, 2 level 2 Wizard spells and 6 power points on the Psion), but I came out from the fight without a single damage or reload.

Up until now, the Aberration domain with maxed Charisma, Extra Turning, Augment Summoning and Summon Mastery was the strongest tool at my disposal. However, Quicksand is a gift from the gods. I just hope I can fucking rest now...

Ah, the dragon was a real pushover: he failed the save against Glitterdust and went down in three rounds without doing anything worthy of note. If there is no extra boss behind the door, this death snare thing is extremely easy at level 3 with a non-joke party. However, if now I have to face a boss without resting, Pierre is a monster.
HE THINKS HE CAN REST!!!!
:hahano::hahano::hahano::hahano::hahano::hahano::hahano::hahano::hahano::hahano:

Mortmal

Arcane

If you struggle at shadows, you wont pass the rest. The next tombs are much harder, then you get to the lava room , and finally one last boss after that, no rest at all , not once.I suggest you do the goblin first pick one side, green is easier but you miss a companion.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron

If you struggle at shadows, you wont pass the rest. The next tombs are much harder, then you get to the lava room , and finally one last boss after that, no rest at all , not once.I suggest you do the goblin first pick one side, green is easier but you miss a companion.
Well, I guess I'm going to face the rest of the dungeon with a single level 1 slot on my Wizard and 3 power points on my Psion. Yeah, It seems enough.
Pierre, you fucking french slug! :mixedemotions:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom