Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I can't remember if there's any in-fighting, but enemies are susceptible to friendly fire.

The were-bulls can also push allies into precarious circumstances.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Serious Sam is the hardest game I've played in a long time.
Normal was too hard for me, so I restarted on Easy instead, but so far (just reached Suburbs of Memphis) it's been too easy. But I have less patience for action games these days, so I prefer a bit too easy to save scumming.
It boggles my mind that someone can complete this game on highest difficulty.

But it's a fun game, and the enemy menegarie is quite original.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Normal was too hard for me, so I restarted on Easy instead, but so far (just reached Suburbs of Memphis) it's been too easy. But I have less patience for action games these days, so I prefer a bit too easy to save scumming.

Just watch for the AaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas, sometimes they show up when you're trying to sleep.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Knights of the Chalice 2 and this is extremely appropriate because I am literally "wasting time" because the game loves to crash, corrupt your saves and behave in unpredictable ways.

This won't stop me Pierre. This won't fucking stop me from playing your damn game.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Finished The Operative: No One Lives Forever.

When the first game was released I completely missed it and only played the second one which I enjoyed very much. So it was always nagging me why many people preferred the first one over the sequel, seeing how I liked the second game, first being even better must have meant its a brilliant game.
But I never went and played it, either due just forgetting about it or, when I did try, having technical difficulties. After all this years i finally went and played trough it.

After finishing it I must say that it is a better game then its sequel and it feels like a true spy game, more then the sequel. When compared to the second game it feels like the first game is a spy game with shooter elements while second game feels like a shooter with spy elements. It has more variety in missions as you have quite a few of them where you need to go full stealth and avoid everyone. There is also more variety in environment, as you go from diving into shipwrecks to space stations.

The game has its flaws, I played on highest difficulty and still found the game to be way to easy. Boss fights were underwhelming, both in terms of challenge and creativity and many gadgets while cool are completely useless.

I still like both games and both of them are well worth playing. After playing it I just got reminded how far more creative developers were years ago, and how it will be pretty much impossible to see as good as games like this anytime soon.

I also started playing Spellforce 3 : Soul Harvest and Persona 4 Golden, now Im deciding on which one should I focus on.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy

I'll be honest, I can't complete Serious Sam: The First Encounter on Normal either. It's the last level, there's an extensive arena fight right before the endboss appears and I can't beat that legitimately. (What I do to beat it is to have a werebull chuck me up on the arena walls, so I can clear the herd without fear of getting hurt.)

The Second Encounter I can beat on Normal, no problem. It's also the better game.

curds

Magister
Def the hardest FPS I've played, but one of the best too. I finished it on normal. I liked someone's description (I think here, on the codex) of it as a first person bullet hell or SHMUP.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Just finished F.E.A.R 2 for the first time. It definitely doesn't stand up beside the amazing shooting from the first game, but it was good enough to make me move onto 3 next. I didn't anticipate it happening, but I've come to kind of care about the story. I hope there's some sort of peaceful resolution for Alma.

Aside from that Dragon Quest 11. I started it then bailed last year, because I got distracted with something else, but this time I'm much further along and I love it. It hasn't become an obsesssion like DQ8 did the first time I played it, but I'll definitely complete postgame and all that shit. Really love it.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Bought Digimon Cyber Sleuth from Steam summer sale. Filling the compendium tickles my autism, but I dislike how you either have to grind or idle and let the monsters get exp from ranch.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bought Digimon Cyber Sleuth from Steam summer sale. Filling the compendium tickles my autism, but I dislike how you either have to grind or idle and let the monsters get exp from ranch.
There's an Exp. trick but you'll basically destroy the game's difficulty.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I haven't really struggled in fights even though I've kept it on hard. Leaving your mons to idle on the farm overnight levels them up to an extend that you have more than enough tools on your disposal at all times.
SMT IV ruined monster raising RPG's for me because it had so solid fundamentals. You die in couple of turns even in normal fights if you don't pay attention, there is a constant need to fuse better demons and nothing is really gated behind grinding. In comparison Cyber Sleuth involves pretty annoying grind to get some specific skills and fights feel slow paced. You can go through bosses with pretty suboptimal party compositions, but having the relevant buffs and elements skills saves so much turns.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Finished Kathy Rain,quite good indy adventure game made with the AGS engine.Characters are interesting,plot was ok although it got a bit weird in the end,puzzles were mostly straightforward.Recommended for a sale

Sranchammer

Arcane
Vatnik
May our children forgive us

UNv22S8.jpg

cosmicray

Savant
Finished Kathy Rain,quite good indy adventure game made with the AGS engine.Characters are interesting,plot was ok although it got a bit weird in the end,puzzles were mostly straightforward.Recommended for a sale
Also finished it right now. If you like Blackwell series, you will probably like Kathy Rain. All around a good adventure.

overly excitable young man

Geneforge 1. Great game. I expected much less but something screams "just another map" in my head when i play it.
Also the UI while looking like crap is very manageable.

jackofshadows

Magister
Underrail. I played it only once on release and amazed yet again how great it feels. Very excited about expansion content, all PSI stuff (haven't messed with it before) and crafting (completely ignored on my first run).

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Just finished F.E.A.R 3. It was short as fuck and the story resolution was a little weird. It felt like it was leading to a decision, but then it didn't. Finishing each level unlocks the ability to play that level as Paxton Fettel, and I'm guessing his conclusion to the story is different, but I don't really feel compelled to play through it again as it was just a pretty typical cover shooter.

Disappointing really. F.E.A.R 2 was a step down from the gameplay of 1, but 3 is as plain as can be.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Which one is the one where
the woman straps you down and rapes you?

Alma rapes you near the end of 2, and in 3 you play as the half brother of that child, and eventually recover the kid from a dying Alma. The woman who strapped you down was in fact your team-mate, who was then killed by Alma

Last edited:

JDR13

Arcane
Which one is the one where
the woman straps you down and rapes you?

Alma rapes you near the end of 2, and in 3 you play as the half brother of that child, and eventually recover the kid from a dying Alma. The woman who strapped you down was in fact your team-mate, who was then killed by Alma

That's just confusing af

mk0

Learned
Wrapped up Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, great popcorn game. Combat is very satisfying, especially the kick, that never gets old even when you're bashing your already dead opponent's head against the wall. The rest of the game is so-so, don't know why they bothered adding rpg mechanics to an 8~ hour linear corridor game.

Also what the fuck was that ending, they should've definitely added a few more seconds of CGI demon succubus goodness as a reward for finishing the damn game. :argh:

:3/5:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom