Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Out of curiosity Reinhardt, is this character on your regular server or hardcore?

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Cool. I'm just focusing on my regular server right now. Just focusing on slowly experiencing all the content and getting to max level. I'm at level 9 right now on my Paladin main character.

Generic-Giant-Spider

How solo friendly is this when it comes to playing the campaigns/quests they gave you for free?

Drelkag

Novice
From what I read (and experienced up until level 5 so far) you can do every quest outside of a few with a hireling you buy in game. Dungeons scale to how many people are in.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
Oh, so you can't store more than one level. Game stopped giving me exp when i had 1 exp left to level 8 until i upgraded to lvl 7.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Shiiiiiiiet. So by leveling to 7 i locked myself from lvl 2 reaper quests, only elite.:argh:

Reinhardt

Arcane
I decided to embrace my true self. Fuck reapers for now. I will run lvl 4 quests with lvl 8 character because i can. Reaper difficulty is fun, but i'm tired of balancing money and exp to be able to run it. Getting favor for my first character and account is more important.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
I decided to embrace my true self. Fuck reapers for now. I will run lvl 4 quests with lvl 8 character because i can. Reaper difficulty is fun, but i'm tired of balancing money and exp to be able to run it. Getting favor for my first character and account is more important.
I actually asked a DDO streamer, Vodoospyce, about doing Reaper on a first life character and he didn't recommend it. He said the best way to get into reaper mode is get a character to Lv 30 and then join groups to run Legendary (max level) content on Reaper. Cause apparently you get tons of Reaper Experience doing that, since Legendary Quests offer double Reaper XP. And doing that you can get a bunch of Reaper Points which you can then spend in the Reaper Enhancements trees for more HP and defense in Reaper mode.
Personally, I'm going to try doing Reaper 1, but if it gets too difficult I'm going to stick with elite and focus on favor and max level. It's not worth dying over and over again and getting frustrated.

GreyViper

Prophet
Just got to lvl 9 with my cleric by cleaning out the Necropolis also frak that submerged dungeon, that's the only reason I picked up crafting to make some water breathing ring.:argh:
Im more looking forward to Ravenloft content to see if it's good.:salute:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Personally, I'm going to try doing Reaper 1, but if it gets too difficult I'm going to stick with elite and focus on favor and max level. It's not worth dying over and over again and getting frustrated.

When I played as a sorcerer, i could't finish reaper even at low level. As a warlock in other hands, I have about 1.2k favor an recently reached epic level. But now, reaper is jut too hard to solo.

Drelkag

Novice
I can't count how many times I've seen someone die at level 2 from falling on hardcore. Must be for lols.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
^Is a mmo, but most content can be soloed. Including quests designed to be played in party...

Anyway, tried to play a little and .... Stuck on "installing Pre-Reqs"
Was playing normally, logged out, then waited some time, the steam updated and now when i click to play the launcher is stucked on "installing pre-reqs".

I reached epic level with a carceri warlock few days ago and never had any problem. How i solve it?

Codex Year of the Donut
^Is a mmo, but most content can be soloed. Including quests designed to be played in party...

Was playing normally, logged out, then waited some time, the steam updated and now when i click to play the launcher is stucked on "installing pre-reqs".

I reached epic level with a carceri warlock few days ago and never had any problem. How i solve it?
SSG's servers are having serious issues, lotro has been down for about a day and a half now.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

SSG's servers are having serious issues, lotro has been down for about a day and a half now.

I was thinking on purchase a CON and STR tome to my warlock(he has 8 STR, any spell/trap that damages STR makes him helpless and it is awful) and because my hireling cleric has many times my hp, but since the servers are too unstable, will avoid spending (more) money... A lot of people complain about content behind paywall on DDO but honestly, content behind paywall is far better than ultra nerfed content...

Codex Year of the Donut

I was thinking on purchase a CON and STR tome to my warlock(he has 8 STR, any spell/trap that damages STR makes him helpless and it is awful) and because my hireling cleric has many times my hp, but since the servers are too unstable, will avoid spending (more) money... A lot of people complain about content behind paywall on DDO but honestly, content behind paywall is far better than ultra nerfed content...
Yeah I'd be weary of buying anything, people on lotro have been losing stuff due to it and the DDO/lotro engines are basically the same.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Yeah, I just tried going to the DDO forums and site is down. I remember when I was playing on Wednesday morning there was a ton of lag. Didn't play this morning but assume it was the same problem.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Any free shit as compensation?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom