Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mechajammer (formerly Copper Dreams) - cyberpunk RPG from Whalenought Studios

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I noticed a change to the forum section of their website:
Forum under construction!
BBBZZZZAPO-2.gif

Sorry for the inconvenience!
Our forum is currently undergoing light maintenance.
It should be back up and running shortly.

- Hannah and Joe
The forum needs a graphical overhaul.

daveyd

Savant
I'm not a beta backer but it seems the beta was released to qualifying backers on March 20th... Have there been no updates or communication to beta backers from Hannah / Joe since then?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm not a beta backer but it seems the beta was released to qualifying backers on March 20th... Have there been no updates or communication to beta backers from Hannah / Joe since then?

last update: November 1, 2019

The project is most likely dead.

daveyd

Savant

cb.spike

Educated
No new updates for beta for quite some time. This really seems like dead project (no updates, no new posts, dead social medias) and first Kickstarter I backed and delivered nothing. Even scam Confederate Express produced something at the end. Most probably some scamware but part of it was also short game.

jac8awol

Arbiter
I bought that other one, SitS and it was a great idea but felt unfinished as hell, made me hesitant to buy anything else from them but nevertheless follow this project. Nice one me, you dodged a bullet.

PEACH

Arbiter
the least they could do is come clean about the project being a total, likely unsalvageable, mess.

most incredible thing to me is that they thought they'd have it done by 2017. guess they underestimated their incessant compulsion to iterate on artstyles and change fundamental systems and mechanics years into the project. whole thing shows a complete lack of focus or direction and we still haven't seen any real content yet, just a thousand rough sketches for the skeleton of the game that changes shape at the blink of an eye

don't think they ran off with any money though. 40k over four years between two adults in the US is some dire poverty shit. they probably fucked themselves over more than their backers at this point

daveyd

Savant
Just heard from someone with the beta it received a major update today... been revamped to be kind of a pit fighting arena apparently.

Still no actually words from the Mr and Mrs Williams though...

agris

Arcane
Patron
wow The Wall isn't kidding, that's really a shot from the game. It looks good!

Note that pit fighting is one option, the main campaign is grayed out, so I don't think the scope has been cut down to just arena fights. More likely it's a good way to playtest the combat system. Still, quite a big change from the original vision.

daveyd

Savant
Perhaps, much like the plot of many a bad sci-fi story Hannah and Joe are trapped in their own game. Maybe they've hidden a message to us in there somewhere.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:what:

That's not a That Which Sleeps-style joke photoshop? They just gave up and made it look like SitS? :P

Also can't they send out an email? This retreat from publicity is bizarre.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Maybe they created some kind of sentient AI by mistake with an insatiable hunger for changing artstyles and what we are witnessing is its first step into our world - before we all get an artstyle change in form of nuclear fire.

Last edited:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
We've made a thousand complaints about the changes in visual style, but I'm starting to think this came down to Hannah, not Joe. Joe had perfectly good art ready to ship years ago, just no game to attach it to. Stuck in a cell but with an unlimited supply of paint and canvas, of course he made more art. Let him fool around with new visuals all he wants. It's the game designer that needs her butt kicked to do her job.

daveyd

Savant
We've made a thousand complaints about the changes in visual style, but I'm starting to think this came down to Hannah, not Joe. Joe had perfectly good art ready to ship years ago, just no game to attach it to. Stuck in a cell but with an unlimited supply of paint and canvas, of course he made more art. Let him fool around with new visuals all he wants. It's the game designer that needs her butt kicked to do her job.

Are their tasks really that disconnected? I mean, I know Joe does the art and Hannah does the programming, but don't they collaborate on the writing and design?

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom