Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Statement from RPG Codex about Chris Avellone

Black

Arcane

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

WetWorks

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014
Ill strenously deny my phelotyness.

Honestly it is quite unbecoming to make fun of a real life tragedy. A codexer kills another codexer is no laughing matter.
Let me rest in piece.

eilef

Educated
So, twitter mob is still upset about Avellone? I like how they jumped so hard on these allegations, and how all it took was tweets of these "accusers" to see how full of shit they are.

6-7 years ago Avellone was a major house in the industry. People who accuse him now, threw themselves at him, praised him on twitter and in the interviews, saying how amazing and talented he is and how lucky they are to know him and were so fuking friendly with him, it’s even revolting. What happened with these accusations after so much time? Well, let’s see:

Karissa changed her story multiple times, and doubled down in her bullshit. Her story changed so much that right now with the latest’s additions she got caught up in her own lies.

You can add this to accusations from another girl, who says that Karissa did her best to silence alleged victim of sexual assault, because people who were responsible were her friends. Classy.

Riot employee is another great story. She is the girl who provided that drunken sexting attempt, in which Avellone critically failed all the rolls he possibly could (persuade roll, relationship and skill), she is also a friend of Karissa, and led everyone to believe that Avellone had some sort of power over her. Well that was a lie. He had no power over her at all. But you know, I mean I kind of support her, because that was some fuking terrible sexting, especially from legendary writer. The fact that he did not put any fuking effort in to his game, is offensive on itself. Is this enough to cancel a man? I don’t think so. Another problem that she states that she was so upset that her BF saw those messages, yet her OCcupid profile at the time states they were in the open relationships. She was literally looking for people to date/fuck with, and called Avellone "boyfriend in another life" on twitter.

Girl who accused Avellone of groping is the funniest of them all. After that event, she actually complained on twitter that nobody was approaching her, and she should start hitting on people by herself. Funny, but kind of sad.

Now the last person from Bloomberg article (game dev), is also an avid drinker according to her twitter! She liked to get drunk and meet with other people, and was good enough to score a couple of times. Props to her. The problem is, that she says that she sees "pattern of behavior" with Avellone. Well considering how often (according to her own twitter) she went out and got drunk, it seems that this pattern is not only exclusive to Avellone.

I won’t even add the whole "i saw a guy who know a guy who saw a guy who told me that Avellone was going out with young females" bs. Its only there to bolster Karissa’s "Avellone went after young and petite females!" narrative.

Truth is - Avellone was probably getting drunk a lot. And a lot of people wanted to be on his good side. So back in the day, when it was still not criminal (according to twitter court of justice) they partied and drink and fucked a ton. They had a good time and everything was normal (according to them). But years later down the line, for some reason Karissa decided to end Avellone for good. Why? Who knows. But they deliberately waited until the good moment presents itself, and used it to its fullest to end Avellone.

What upsets me the most, is that all these people are airing up their fantasies, dirty laundry and accusations that cannot be proven by anyone, yet that is enough to legit end career of one of the best writers in the industry. No courts and sentences needed. Just a good campaign.

I am also surprised how little it took to disprove them. With all this shit going, I thought that at the very least some of them would be smart enough to erase the old tweets, so they not look like a retards with their praise of Avellone.

P.S. Moral of the story – make sure to never critically fail your persuasion rolls, or it will bite you in the ass seven years later.

Wunderbar

Arcane
So, twitter mob is still upset about Avellone? I like how they jumped so hard on these allegations, and how all it took was tweets of these "accusers" to see how full of shit they are.
they've already forgotten about him. Career ruined, the deed is done.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

6-7 years ago Avellone was a major house in the industry. People who accuse him now, threw themselves at him, praised him on twitter and in the interviews, saying how amazing and talented he is and how lucky they are to know him and were so fuking friendly with him, it’s even revolting. What happened with these accusations after so much time? Well, let’s see:

Karissa changed her story multiple times, and doubled down in her bullshit. Her story changed so much that right now with the latest’s additions she got caught up in her own lies.

You can add this to accusations from another girl, who says that Karissa did her best to silence alleged victim of sexual assault, because people who were responsible were her friends. Classy.

Riot employee is another great story. She is the girl who provided that drunken sexting attempt, in which Avellone critically failed all the rolls he possibly could (persuade roll, relationship and skill), she is also a friend of Karissa, and led everyone to believe that Avellone had some sort of power over her. Well that was a lie. He had no power over her at all. But you know, I mean I kind of support her, because that was some fuking terrible sexting, especially from legendary writer. The fact that he did not put any fuking effort in to his game, is offensive on itself. Is this enough to cancel a man? I don’t think so. Another problem that she states that she was so upset that her BF saw those messages, yet her OCcupid profile at the time states they were in the open relationships. She was literally looking for people to date/fuck with, and called Avellone "boyfriend in another life" on twitter.

Girl who accused Avellone of groping is the funniest of them all. After that event, she actually complained on twitter that nobody was approaching her, and she should start hitting on people by herself. Funny, but kind of sad.

Now the last person from Bloomberg article (game dev), is also an avid drinker according to her twitter! She liked to get drunk and meet with other people, and was good enough to score a couple of times. Props to her. The problem is, that she says that she sees "pattern of behavior" with Avellone. Well considering how often (according to her own twitter) she went out and got drunk, it seems that this pattern is not only exclusive to Avellone.

I won’t even add the whole "i saw a guy who know a guy who saw a guy who told me that Avellone was going out with young females" bs. Its only there to bolster Karissa’s "Avellone went after young and petite females!" narrative.

Truth is - Avellone was probably getting drunk a lot. And a lot of people wanted to be on his good side. So back in the day, when it was still not criminal (according to twitter court of justice) they partied and drink and fucked a ton. They had a good time and everything was normal (according to them). But years later down the line, for some reason Karissa decided to end Avellone for good. Why? Who knows. But they deliberately waited until the good moment presents itself, and used it to its fullest to end Avellone.

What upsets me the most, is that all these people are airing up their fantasies, dirty laundry and accusations that cannot be proven by anyone, yet that is enough to legit end career of one of the best writers in the industry. No courts and sentences needed. Just a good campaign.

I am also surprised how little it took to disprove them. With all this shit going, I thought that at the very least some of them would be smart enough to erase the old tweets, so they not look like a retards with their praise of Avellone.

P.S. Moral of the story – make sure to never critically fail your persuasion rolls, or it will bite you in the ass seven years later.

I just want you to know that I copy-pasted your post without your consent (as the chad predator I am) on this site:
https://www.notebookcheck.net/Games...tions-of-inappropriate-behavior.477255.0.html

Enjoy being violated.

eilef

Educated
eilef, you're doing a great job. Seriously. Keep it up. :salute:

I did follow this story everywhere i could, and tried to summarize it the best i could. But majority of very good findings (such as old tweets) were made by a lot of different people, and the most interesting ones are by @davidcernat. How he had a mental fortitude to go in too deep of the depths of filth that twitter is - is beyond me, but props to him for digging all this hypocrisy out. :salute:

The final word is on Avellone himself. He alone should start to defend himself and make a comeback in to industry. It worked for Soule, so I do not see why it will not work for Chris.

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Saw this in my Twitter notifications:

Image1.jpg

(((David Javerbaum)))
Jim+Parsons+David+Javerbaum+Act+God+Broadway+h_S1cUqA4zql.jpg

bionicman

Liturgist
Twitter is cancer. Kill Twitter. Make it suffer.

The funny thing is that they're killing their own site by cancelling people for banal things. Chris will hopefully learn from his mistake of ever joining twitter and join rpgcodex for a change assuming he won't get cancelled here for not being gay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom