Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2 just turned 20

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
edit: LMAO NM diablo was a joke, just a 5 point (all from items) clay golem is enough to render bosses virtually useless.

Search for newbie +1 in this post. It's what you are.

Half tempted to attempt a naked necromancer HC run just to shut these fucks up.

I know what you falsely stated, and how you have already begun to backpedal (see quotes).

You're full of shit, but quote it anyway.

edit: LMAO NM diablo was a joke, just a 5 point (all from items) clay golem is enough to render bosses virtually useless.

Search for newbie +1 in this post. It's what you are.

When we give a fuck about your shitty blog we'll post there. Keep your eyes peeled.

Don't fuck your build or you'll to restart the game or grind like an idiot. I started to have problems with Duriel and couldnt do a shit to Diablo. If you don't want to fuck up consult the wiki like Lilura and make the best character so that way you don't have problems.

Guy speedrunning hell necromancer, underleveled to what I would be in NM on and equipped as I recommended for normal. Bosses are a joke.

Don't do what he did though and forget to take attract or at least get it on a wand, it pretty well trivializes mobs.

Last edited:
You are just tempting her to quote the last quote again or fill the iggy bin.
Seeing how he has responded to a half dozen posts with a "shit" rating I assume there's something that is "unqualified, fraudulent" in all of them. This is of course wrong but we could all use a good laugh at this idiot.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've got three Hell-proof necrobuilds

You cheated 3 hell-proof necros. any idiot can load up a mod and fill up their toon with runewords and legendaries. You have no actual skill with the game and your opinion is completely worthless.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
You cheated 3 hell-proof necros. any idiot can load up a mod and fill up their toon with runewords and legendaries.

Why do you think I'm a cheat -- Is it because I'm better than you?

You have no actual skill with the game and your opinion is completely worthless.

You get excited and "LMAO" when you defeat Nightmare mode Diablo with a scrub's build, 20 years after the game was released. For almost two decades, even casuals have known that Hell is the only thing that counts. It's also taken you weeks to get through Normal and Nightmare, when even retards can get to Hell in an evening's play.

Last edited:

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
You cheated 3 hell-proof necros. any idiot can load up a mod and fill up their toon with runewords and legendaries.

Why do you think I'm a cheat -- Is it because I'm better than you?

No retard it's because I searched your blog for posts on D2 and read them.

Like I said, the opinion of a cheater is worth less than nothing.

What will you do when this challenge ends and after I deliver Final Humiliation to you, I make like your father and put you on ignore?

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Have you completed your slo-mo crawl through Nightmare mode yet, scrub?

When you finally do, be sure to post screencaps of stats, skills and inventory -- I'm up for a laugh.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
I made a Skellie Necro that was a glass canon, around 2002. He died in 1 hit on Nightmare, but somehow I became used to microing toons like this so I didn't die too often. Bosses were another issue. 50-100 corpse runs at Diablo was fun.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Ae you seriously debating over a skellie-nec, which is basically the easiest and lowest maintenance build to beat the game with?

Dramart

Learned
I failed my second attempt so I quit the game, Diablo is very difficult to beat, but is a great game anyways.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
imagine insulting eachother over a 20 year old game.

anyway as i sid, path of diablo is a far better D2 experienc efor me, than vanilla. lots of good imrprovements and endgame content in form of maps, and good community.

reset on august, gonna make a mf sorc

median xl is for autists.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Have you completed your slo-mo crawl through Nightmare mode yet, scrub?

When you finally do, be sure to post screencaps of stats, skills and inventory
LeTj0M0.png

merc has grim's burning dead as weapon and some junk rare armor/magic helmet

B9EUNb1.png

-- I'm up for a laugh.

b9mwQex.jpg

Last edited:
Put a point in Dim vision and attract. Two of the strongest defensive abilities in the game IMO but no one talks about them because of how overshadowed they are by everything else necro has. Attract is definitely the better skill at lower levels but if you actually invest in dim vision you can basically break the game (I guess if you wanted a super-safe HC hell run you'd want that, just dim visioning everything from offscreen with massive radius).

Ironically people talk about summonmancer doing nothing, but you CAN have more useful active skills on your hotkeys that you are consistently using than any other class.

lilura's blog said:
A lot of people say Diablo 2 Hell mode is easy in single-player mode (SP), but that isn't true. I don't care how skilled you are, Hell mode is not easy unless you have twinked and/or farmed. I'm talking tons of boss runs -- especially Nightmare Meph and Hell Trav runs. Hell mode is easy when you've got Hell-proof build + gear, but getting to that point is not. Again, I don't care how skilled you are: there is no build that cakewalks Hell mode without some twinking/farming. Not even a Lightsorc played by the best players in the world.

Without twinking/farming, you are going to be crawling on your hands and knees through Hell mode -- even if you roll with an optimized summonmancer build (a necromancer that summons, revives, curses, corpse-explodes etc). Even summonmancers become gear-dependent in Hell mode. Otherwise -- guess what? -- Their summons not only don't inflict enough dmg, but they don't survive.

ROFL. Literally just watch the video I posted above. 20/20 skellies and CE, 1 clay golem, a few + skills and its pretty easy. Every additional +skills and ability like revives/bone wall/attract/dim vision just makes it more of a cakewalk if you can handle the amount of skills well.

Last edited:

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Put a point in Dim vision and attract. Two of the strongest defensive abilities in the game IMO but no one talks about them because of how overshadowed they are by everything else necro has. Attract is definitely the better skill at lower levels but if you actually invest in dim vision you can basically break the game (I guess if you wanted a super-safe HC hell run you'd want that, just dim visioning everything from offscreen with massive radius).

I usually put a point in all curses (including lower resist to help other players when I multied), they're not a priority right now because I don't want to spend a lot of time farming and I want the xp from just going through the game and killing everything in my way. so i won't touch them until CE is maxed

I thought I was done with this game years ago after I played through all difficulties on /players 8 with each class, but nope. After a long break I'm fully sucked in again. Got my kick/trap Assassin build to Hell in couple days, then couldn't beat Uber Diablo on /players 8, fucker just regens too fast. Decided to take a break from that char and started few others. :lol: Something about this game that makes me love it way more than any other games that tried to copy it since. Even visually I still find it most pleasing.

Dramart

Learned
I refer Diablo is hard if you speedrun without grinding like I did, I was level 26 and 28 with my characters, that electric attack he does is very powerful and also his melee attack. I had the intention to grind but when I saw the experience I needed to get to the next level I said no thanks, maybe another time.

Yosharian

Arcane
That's weird, I didn't remember the Paladin as being black and yet there he is. And I pretty much only played Paladin

I must have been super not-racist as a kid to not even notice that

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I refer Diablo is hard if you speedrun without grinding like I did, I was level 26 and 28 with my characters, that electric attack he does is very powerful and also his melee attack. I had the intention to grind but when I saw the experience I needed to get to the next level I said no thanks, maybe another time.

Your priority when facing Diablo is getting items that max out Fire and Lightning protection. Then his foul breath is not very dangerous, and a strong melee character can chop him up quickly without having to disengage once.
EDIT: Oh, and some Magic Damage Reduction too.

Last edited:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
watched more median xl videoes both old and new. I am not convinced in any way that this should be a better diablo 2 experience than vanilla or QOL modded vanilla like Path of Diablo and Diablo Project.

Median screams autism in every orifice, with "fan" service all the way for dumb shit and pixels all over the screen. shit flying everywhere, just like path of exile, a game which I also absolutely hate. NEW UBBERRR++++ skills with CUUL shit everywhere, and SEEKRET bossses, and 1000 challenges, woww wowow.jpg. yea fuck off.

Path of Diablo and Project Diablo remains the best faithful and purist approach to improving vanilla D2, which was already amazing to begin with as is obvious at this point.

the QOL features from said mods are simply great, and it feels fresh playing D2 again, like it should have been, almost like a true remaster 2020.

If bLizzard does do a remaster, I hope they look at some of the faithful vanilla mods for D2 and take note of how they can improve the vanilla game considerably.

Gregz

Arcane
Average Manatee

Diablo II's drop rate was tuned with the expectation that you would be playing online and trading with other players.

If you want to farm gear in a smooth upgrade ramp, you'll need to play a mod that supports that.

I highly highly recommend Median XL 1.F9, it addresses every problem you listed.

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/diablo-2-just-turned-20.133758/#post-6785208

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/diablo-2-just-turned-20.133758/page-2#post-6787655

Why is Median XL 1.F9 always mentioned on this forum? I checked moddb page of older median xl versions. Until Median XL Ultimative XII every version here belongs to BrotherLaz. Why not Median XL 2012 ?? Why specifically MEdian XL 1.F9? What happened after XL 1.F9?

https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=34509&p=279536#p279536

watched more median xl videoes both old and new. I am not convinced in any way that this should be a better diablo 2 experience than vanilla or QOL modded vanilla like Path of Diablo and Diablo Project.

Watching youtube videos and playing something are two very different things. At the very highest level, gameplay is quite fast, but by then you are trained for it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom