Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Are Owlcat's resident fanatics being paid to shill?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
If it's not clear by now, Desiderius and Pink Eye are cooperative shills who were banned from the Steam Forums for what they do here. They came here to abuse our free speech platform and continue their spam shilling routine, with considerable success I might add.

It’s a close run thing whether you know less about me or P:K. Doesn’t stop you running your mouth about both and being wrong every time.

I was suspended from Steam for three days for telling some guy that sucking is a choice or some shit. I could go back anytime I want but my work there was done, and at the time the Codex had a better crowd. Learned a lot here - you should try it.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Hoo boy. Have you played KotC2 yet? Given your specific complaints about Kingmaker's balance and difficulty, this is probably the funniest thing I've read all day.

My steam review contains no complaints about combat balance. Read my review, it's in my sig.

1. Encounter design is terrible. (no specifics)
  2. Kingdom management is a tedious and joyless experience. The option to play with it disabled doesn't work. There are many cases where you can lose the game by "misplaying" this mechanic, without explanation. (there is exactly one way to lose the game. You never figured it out because you suck.)
  3. Maps are reused 4-5 times in places. (true, this sucks)
  4. Very slow party travel across maps, with no ability to change walk speed. (fixed)
  5. Choices have consequences, which would be great if you were given a clue what they were. (no specifics)
  6. Alignment based dialogue is poorly thought out and forces the player to 'roleplay' according to Owlcat's definition of alignment, which is often wrong. (no specifics)
  7. Enforced encumberance forces you to leave valuable loot behind. (easily managed 12 different ways. You never figured t out because you suck.)
  8. +5 weapons, worth thousands of GP, can be found in barrels and crates in towns during the end game. (End game, they suck compared to alternatives that would have been available if you didn't suck so bad. They're there for the bottom 20% of players, like yourself.)
  9. Annoying toy chow dogs barking, and NPCs coughing and grumbling at every other rest location. Are these quaint and relaxing sounds in Russia? (I turn down sound and play good music during most games)
  10. Heavy, expensive, and limited 'camping provisions' are required to rest in dungeons. (lol. Expensive! lol. Not heavy, not limited, not an issue if you're not rest spamming in any case)
  11. No ability to craft + poor itemization and very limited vendor selection. (yeah, if you suck at the half of the game that provides the items since you decided it was joyless before you bothered to figure it out or ask for help. Which you didn't because you suck)
  12. Random encounters offer almost no XP, and a bunch of loot you can't carry. (Everyone else can carry it, but fair cop. Good number of interesting random encounters early fall off late)
  13. Failure to resolve quests before deadlines results in losing the game. (Just the curse, which is once per chapter. Which everyone else figured out, but you didn't because you suck)
  14. Tedious unsatisfying puzzles. (no specifics)
  15. Custom quests are poorly described, requiring unintuitive actions from the player (like using torches to kill swarms). (lol swarms)
  16. If your character isn't charisma (CHA) focused you'll miss out on an entire level of party XP because you can't make the throne room event skill checks. (not close to an entire level. Stat makes it easier but still doable for any toon unless you're manipulating to dialogue to min/max)
  17. Unbearable load times. Frequent required trips back to your throne room to solve kingdom management issues makes this especially painful. (fixed)
  18. XP is doled out at certain times and locations only, like a bad CYOA novel. You cannot farm meaningful amounts of XP to level your party using random encounters. (good, grinding sucks. There's more than enough EXP there through most of the game, though 20 comes a little late)
  19. The game ends abruptly before you can maximize your character's level. (see previous. Yet again you're wrong/based on early versions)
  20. Inumerable bugs, many of which are game breaking. (I never had a game breaking bug - bought game five months after release. 90% of bugs I've reported were eventually fixed, very slowly)
Obviously you were disappointed by the release version. Everyone who bought it was. I've seen this sort of thing enough that I waited for them to get it into manageable shape. Why didn't you? What purpose do all these complaints serve that boil down to sucking at the game because you were so turned off you didn't do the usual thing of trying different things or asking for help? Do you understand how this just leads directly to faceroll?

Cael

Arcane
Being a fanatical shill does.

No it doesn't. Otherwise we'd have ejected people like Volourn years ago.

Spamming the same shit over and over again, however...

Pink Eye was banned from the kingfaker Steam forums, that's what I'm referring to.

He was banned for overzealously imitating my blunt amateur modding style. We were able to turn around the vibe there for a few months and get some new people into the game and help a lot of people have better experiences with it. Going in with a bad attitude precludes getting the most enjoyment out of games which seek to restore some of the classic challenge of RPGs. There's joy in discovery/invention once you recognize that it requires non-faceroll content.

If it's not clear by now, Desiderius and Pink Eye are cooperative shills who were banned from the Steam Forums for what they do here. They came here to abuse our free speech platform and continue their spam shilling routine, with considerable success I might add.
There are good reasons why the bigger vaginal discharge is on my Ignore list.

Desiderius I see you are bullying Gregz because he didn't have the fortitude to finish Shitmaker, so please allow me to step in. As some of you might recall, I have completed Shitmaker on either Challenging or Unfair (rumors about this differ), and Gregz is correct in that Shitmaker is absolute shit. As an expert on this, I can confirm it sucks in most ways, and will be willing to destroy any of your arguments defending it if you should but bring them up again, as I was too bored to read what you wrote above.

As a sidenote, notice how no one has still reviewed Shitmaker for the Codex, despite all these claims of utter love for it among the autist crowd here. Poor Roguey is still stuck in Chapter 3, where he is trying to find a reason to go on before inevitably flaming out by chapter 4 or 5, as Crispy did. I feel like most people shilling Shitmaker here just roll different builds to theorycraft, then give up in disgust at the actual gameplay 2 hours in and go back to theorycrafting.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
As a sidenote, notice how no one has still reviewed Shitmaker for the Codex, despite all these claims of utter love for it among the autist crowd here. Poor Roguey is still stuck in Chapter 3, where he is trying to find a reason to go on before inevitably flaming out by chapter 4 or 5, as Crispy did.

? I'm not stuck. I finished that final optional area, did a lot of kingdom stuff, did some new sidequests that popped up, and now I'm going through Varnhold. The review will happen, progress is slow because I'm doing 1-2 hours a day to avoid burn out.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Excommunicator What kind of citation would you like haha? Something about their implementation of RTwP just isn't enjoyable to me. Perhaps it's because the only RTwP RPGs I've played have been the IE games and I'm biased towards their specific system, but eh. PF:KM just felt weirdly slow, robotic, and unintuitive.

Just sounded more like an emotional reaction to something you'd be likely to enjoy if you played it more given the like for IE games

Besides isn't it fully playable with the turn based mod now, soon to be official mode. Seems the reasonable thing to try

Imagine working only 2 hours a day to "avoid burnout". I bet that would go down well. Now, apply it to something you are supposed to enjoy doing.

Really speaks for itself.

Yeah, pretty much everyone had this reaction to playing Cuckfinder: Poncemaker. It took me around a year to complete it, because I was only playing it in between other games, when there was nothing else to play. It just has no pull entertainment wise, dull story, mostly empty trash maps, lots of back and forth traveling and loading screens, kingdom level bullshit, occasional frustrating imbalanced fights...

Desiderius

Patron
Peeps got/get fooled by the SJW samizdat/set up and/or turned off by the early game that was nerfed of the big hurts like Blindness and Swarms, but still the default EXP-sharing makes reaching level 3 feel like an accomplishment, which is as intended as throwback to original D&D and sets the anti-faceroll tone. If you're an emotional child that initial butthurt colors your perception of the rest of the game and things snowball from there as you blame every setback on the game instead of learning from it and improving, which is the whole point, not just of P:K but any great game.

Desiderius

Patron
Owlcucks are being BTFO in this thread. And by Gregz of all people. Sad!

Pretty embarrassing to spend ten years on a board and still be that bad at reading a room tbh.

Desiderius

Patron

Desiderius

Patron
The 2500 hrs is (obviously) somewhat embarrassing. Near as I can tell I left the game on pause overnight/all day while I did other things like a jigsaw puzzle you leave out and work a little bit at a time. I did play long stretches too when first learning the game and testing out new approaches. Was still learning/discovering significant new things on fifth full(ish) playthrough.

That’s a sign of great design, not opacity. Grinding good, replayability bad makes no sense.

Sounds moar like you passed out drunk after a bottle of Jim Beam, and left the game running. Which incidentally is also why you like it.

Desiderius

Patron
A positive P:K initial experience:

(1) grew up on coin-ops that killed you for your next quarter rewarding learning fast/adaptability

(2) played original D&D/Gold Box with hard early lvls/a lot of restarting

(3) loved RTwP when it was the new thing and the challenge of getting the most out of companions (Skomp, Iolo, EotB)

(4) waited five months to buy the game because I’m not an idiot about how the current business model works

(5) waited to see how serious they were about the Poz because I’m not an idiot about how the SJW journtards work.

(6) read Roahin’s thematic Companion builds on GoG forum because InEffect et al we’re talking shit everywhere about minmaxxing and I foolishly believed them. Plus don’t have attention span I did to puzzle them out from scratch as I did with Wiz7.

(7) Took skills seriously like I always do for RP reasons. This is a game where that finally paid off (looking at you, Realms of Arkania)

(8) Played a MC build that looked like fun but turned out pretty underpowered since I didn’t know what I was doing yet (ES/Duelist with Precise Strike). Got ideas from companions for future builds.

(9) Made sure I had a Bard at all times as I usually do for RP reasons. This game rewards that a little too much since you basically get double action economy + hard to duplicate team buffs (competence and morale).

(10) Amiri was Sacred Huntmaster first playthrough with Smilodon which made encumbrance much less of a thing and the game a difficulty level easier. Of course that meant no Freebooter so that cancelled the difficulty level.

(11) Didn’t do Bokken’s quest or the skull because I had better things to do than a fetch quest for a junkie and I can read/was used to games before faceroll/must full clear areas expectation.

(12) Got a little bit hosed by Technic League ambush since didn’t have Jhod yet to cure Blindness, so I looked in quest log, did quest and got him. Not in game anymore so whatever.

(13) Had positive feeling about game so took the time to figure out KM, which is underdeveloped but not nearly as much as it first appears. Likewise most of the Poz gets subverted but not all. Reg not nearly as annoying as, say, Tehanu, but I didn’t use him much anyway.

(14) Ended up restarting just after getting my crown to try out all the things I’d learned on first playthrough. Stopped that playthrough early because Archeologists Luck was bugged (now fixed). Got to House on third playthrough with Hospitaler. House is throwback to spinner teleporters in early Wizardrys, which I’ll admit no longer having the patience for.

Haven’t finished Witcher 3 or D:OS II either.

Desiderius

Patron
I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 1
PorkyThePaladin

Ah, the Porkster, there's a name I haven't heard in awhile. If the set of games you enjoy weren't disjoint with the set I enjoy I'd be doing something wrong.

Desiderius

Patron
Lol, got the Dreed treatment. No greater honor than an impotent ankle-biter. Where Impending Voice left off, Dreed picks up.

Desiderius

Patron
Well, this thread is full of wonderful people. Desiderius looks like a kind of person who sniffs his own farts

Nope, just the kind of person who provides valuable content rather than impotent resentment.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom