Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Cyberpunk 2077 Night City Wire Episode 1: The Gig Trailer, Braindance Gameplay Footage and Previews

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Cyberpunk is all about the societal divide between the classes. The anarchists are a stark contrast to the wageslaves, who are a stark contrast to the high net worth individuals. Its a almost satire, but played straight.
Without a sweeping social divide that has dregs suffering in the street while the rich snort space cocaine in flying limousines its not Cyberpunk.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Couldn't care less about wardrobe and car customization and other superfluous shit. I want stats customization that impact the gameplay enough to offer distinct gameplay progression and dialogue options that do the same but storywise. Is it asking too much?

we can't tell if the game's any good but i don't have high hopes. Every big title today is popamole, which in my languahe means gooey soup, not the themepark game.

The question is always the same, if there's a challenge of any kind or just patience to read text and everything else is just under your nose, dialogues one-click away, clues in the brainfuck feature, choices in quests, everything is just right there, so what's even the point? yeah the point is a fun story and fun in torturing enemies with titillating tools of pain. yay. Most console freakheads will say that's a videogame, alright

The example in the video isn't so bad, the clue seems hidden enough to feel like a puzzle, maybe require a certain skill, so i don't know.

in the past videos there's the example of the bot-gang-chip quest. If you give the chip card it fries that guy's brain and you shoot everyone in the gang, there was a way out which is inspecting the card, finding the virus, not having to shoot people. Naturally if we believe that non violence is the goal, and we state that it's the best option, and the best option is the hardest to "get", and the attention required to infact find out that you can inspect the card and find the bug is high, then not only have we good gameplay design (around the positive vertical axiom that violence is the easy lucrative choice and non violence is the hard way, instead of a senseless nihilistic, horizontal axiom "everything's ok in this shitty world"), we also got a puzzle that's coming directly from Sierra games (and Fallout), so i'm happy. So Point is here too, is it challenging to find such non violent loopholes, or they're under your nose right fit for the console retards? is this alternative solution (and other similar ones throughout the game) again hard and hidden enough to be a puzzle?

How odd, see i started off this post in total despair and by reasoning only i slowly climbed out and emerged from the shit pit with a ray of hope.

Last edited:

NotSerious

Novice
Patron
RPG Wokedex
I have some faith, faith, that they can make me feel like I am playing a role. That maybe enough.

However I think people expecting certain "hardcore" game-play elements are going to be disappointed. Maybe not, who knows.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Anytime I see a trailer for CP2077 I think "this game may be decent."

Anytime I see media coverage of said trailer I think "damn it, this game is going to suck, isn't it?"

I broke down here ahaha.

In addition, it's hilarious to see how the graphix-tards on mainstream Russian tech-related or gaming sites are now going ballistic with the graphical downgrades they see (not sure if it's there, as I never really paid attention to the CyberGTA marketing), it's just a thing to watch and behold :salute:

Citation needed?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom