Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good less talked about RPGs

AdolfSatan

Arcane
+1 to Titan Outpost

also

PPPPPPPPPP..TTTTTTTTTT..DDDDDDD.......
P..............P..........T............D..............D...
P .............P..........T...........D...............D...
PPPPPPPPPP..........T...........D...............D..
P..........................T...........D..............D..
P..........................T...........D.............D..
P..........................T...........DDDDDD....

overly excitable young man

It seems with tons of classics, some of them taking over 50 hours to complete, most people here just don't have the time to also play completely obscure games.
Das at least my situation.

Then tell me what stops you from playing Dink Smallwood.

krilcebre

Learned
Expedition Vikings is a great RPG that's almost never mentioned here for some reason. When it came out it had some issues, but they've fixed those long time ago.

Gimme initiative or go home ffs!
Stupid, retarded fire emblem tb.

laclongquan

Arcane
UFO Aftershock
UFO Afterlight

These days it seem there's only me talking about two tactical combat, soldier management, soldier advancement, economy management, weapon management, top of the line games.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Expedition Vikings is a great RPG that's almost never mentioned here for some reason. When it came out it had some issues, but they've fixed those long time ago.

It comes up occasionally. I am of the firm opinion that it is inferior to Conquistador.
boot has a picture lets play running atm I think.

Sinatar

Arbiter
Black Crypt on amiga is a very good Dungeon Master em up, one of the best really.

Also the Yendorian Tales 2 & 3 are really entertaining Might & Magic 3/4/5 clones.

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
Everything during the amiga era is worth checking , most codexers are too young, and only played on PC. But gaming really start on the C64 , amstrad and apple 2 then amiga and atari st.As most of those games have an amiga version, you should have a look at https://www.lemonamiga.com/ and browse yourslef . So blackcrypt, fate gates of dawn, ishars, perihellion i'd recommend . Theres also some weird stuff like sword of twilight, not very good, but you can find a link to download all of these for free. On steam there's nothing new and thats not the rpgmaker shit that will make me change my mind.

Lhynn

Arcane
All these gender bending jRPG recommendations got me questioning the integrity of the Codex. The weebs are everywhere.
Time to face the music, the west produces nothing but shit, while the land of the raising sun delivers. China and Korea are also making strides into game development... and even potatos are giving us some decent stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom