Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
SLA are free actions I believe. Just accept it as one of Pierre's special treats.

Not by default. They are usually treated as being standard actions unless a creature has something specifically weird on their statblock that lets them use them as part of other actions etc.

Tigranes

Arcane
By the way, we all talked about the tokens / graphics before this game came out, yeah?

I've played old games, e.g. trying 80s games for the first time in the 2010's. But I did find KOTC2 super fucking ugly in the previews. I thought, I'm OK with top down and tokens but jesus do the tokens themselves have to be so ugly, and am I even going to be able to see what is going on between a thousand weird tokens throwing particle effects?

In practice, it turns out, yes, the game's ugly, like sometimes you look at some of those neon green-on-purple playdo-shaped buttons and think jesus christ, but you really don't notice it. It's surprising how the game feels similar to KOTC1 despite the style shift. Game plays fairly crisp and everything turns out quite readable. So it's one instance where my initial impressions didn't bear out in practice.

Mortmal

Arcane
By the way, we all talked about the tokens / graphics before this game came out, yeah?

I've played old games, e.g. trying 80s games for the first time in the 2010's. But I did find KOTC2 super fucking ugly in the previews. I thought, I'm OK with top down and tokens but jesus do the tokens themselves have to be so ugly, and am I even going to be able to see what is going on between a thousand weird tokens throwing particle effects?

In practice, it turns out, yes, the game's ugly, like sometimes you look at some of those neon green-on-purple playdo-shaped buttons and think jesus christ, but you really don't notice it. It's surprising how the game feels similar to KOTC1 despite the style shift. Game plays fairly crisp and everything turns out quite readable. So it's one instance where my initial impressions didn't bear out in practice.

Its cause the combat and game mechanism are so good you dont pay so much attention to the token anymore , like a game chess board , the pieces dont matter. Still if he expect to make more sales on steam he better add an alternative token set.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Finally finished off the damn spider. Decided that the best way to get her was to stick her in a cocoon, even with int boosted psion the chances aren't so hot, but once I got her that was the end of that. Statue is easy to take down, very susceptible to grease.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Discord with the valuable insights:

9f23f739d2fd61cbb5480c43affab379.png

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Area round the castle cleared, everyone is 19-20, it's time to put this thing to bed.

Also noticed an odd bug, not sure if it's been reported, but if you scribe a scroll from a stack and then transfer another item into your inventory, the used up scroll goes back into the stack.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
First try!? What's your party again?
Did you give everyone max Dex for more initiative?

cruelio

Savant
Tips megathread when?

Here you go bro I spent a few hours putting this tips mega compilation together for you

just win initiative

just reload
All right cruelio will also write the KOTC2 review .We can count on him for something accurate and short.
I actually did think about writing a review, not with the presumption of it being on the front page but just to vent my disappointment with a sequel I was looking forward to after really liking the original. But I don't think it'd be right to do that without beating the game and I have no intention of trying to beat the game in its current state.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron

2 gladiators, 2 psions, 1 cleric, 1 wizard, plus Erizmon and Pizarra. I haven't really screwed with dex much. Had to reload the second battle a few times though for initiative, but once I got it I took them all out without a problem.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I actually did think about writing a review, not with the presumption of it being on the front page but just to vent my disappointment with a sequel I was looking forward to after really liking the original. But I don't think it'd be right to do that without beating the game and I have no intention of trying to beat the game in its current state.
Yeah, this is probably the most disappointing game I've ever played. It's not that it's the worst game I've ever played, it's just the biggest let-down from what I expected. I was so hyped before I tried it because I thought the first module would allow me to play it with 10 different parties to try cool and different stuff. This mess is just insanity. It seems like Pierre's plan to fix this difficulty problem is to give options for max HP on level-ups and feats every two levels, but that's not really the kind of fixes I was hoping for.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Yeah, this is probably the most disappointing game I've ever played. It's not that it's the worst game I've ever played, it's just the biggest let-down from what I expected. I was so hyped before I tried it because I thought the first module would allow me to play it with 10 different parties to try cool and different stuff. This mess is just insanity. It seems like Pierre's plan to fix this difficulty problem is to give options for max HP on level-ups and feats every two levels, but that's not really the kind of fixes I was hoping for.
Even if the current content is too extreme, the editor alone makes this a candidate for GOTY.

Hell, with the editor we can just edit the module and make a "non-bullshit" version. Delete some cultists, put a skeleton with some basic gear in the dungeon where you're teleported, make the ambush have 2-3 mimics, not 5, etc... most of the game's enemies have no script tied to them, you can just select & delete them, the module will play exactly as it is.

Takes time to do it, of course, but still faster than making a module from zero, especially if you already played the game. I might try to do a "redux" version of the initial map, just to see how it goes.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron

2 gladiators, 2 psions, 1 cleric, 1 wizard, plus Erizmon and Pizarra. I haven't really screwed with dex much. Had to reload the second battle a few times though for initiative, but once I got it I took them all out without a problem.

Cleric domain? wizard/erizmon spec/transformation?

Last edited:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
This makes me happy, Tweed! Well done!

Discord: you need Fighters, Gladiators are garbage, they don't get Wade In!
You and me: nonono!

'course maybe Fighters are very good too but to say Gladiators are vastly inferior is a bit much.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Cleric domain? wizard/erizmon spec/transformation?

Healing/Reach Erizmon built the way I built my wizard I began putting in spell penetration and concetration, the level you get him at his feat can actually be respecced and he needs improve initiative like all the others which also means no chance of transformation for him since I didn't put evocation specialization on him until the very end, but that's ok. I transformed my wizard before the last few battles in the keep and it was worth it, the amount of damage he began dishing out let me finish everyone in the final room off in the first round once we got init.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom