Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Magic the Gathering Arena

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
I kinda gave up on the idea of collecting full playsets since wotc going mega $$$$ by releasing like 10 sets of shit on arena every year now. To me, seems more like a fun limited thing to play every now and then when I'm sick of whatever draft is up etc rather than a means to collect cards (except dino lands rawrrr!!). Hopefully it ends up being reasonably balanced, but, knowing the autistic mtga playerbase I'm sure a group of "people" will buy entries until they get some busted deck and just spam it forever to get ez daily wins and totally ruin the point of the set.

also lol at historic premier drafts with full price tag

this pissed me off why bo1 and not trad
premier makes them way more $$$$$ that's why wot$$$4$4$$4$$$$$$ :argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh:

Generic-Giant-Spider

I hope Jumpstart has 50 more mass removal spells so the planeswalker decks make me want to hang myself more!

Found a handy nerd page for rarepicking Jumpstart. Note the tabs at the top for different colors if you're missing shit.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...aring&pru=AAABc3WYaG4*3YodxHzJyGQKloUNnHKGIg#

Edit: And after drafting her it's my professional opinion that M21 Chandra seems noticeably worse than big M20 Chandra with the emblems and the sweeper. She's still nice, but damn. I miss those obnoxious powers.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
SOI-061-Essence_Flux.png

This is one of the creepiest and most fun cards I ever played with. Good Job Rito Wotc

Jumpstart's pretty fun to play by itself. Still not ENTIRELY sure about the ultimate value (Since a lot of these probably won't be very historic playable, and cracking packs for wildcards may be more efficient since that allows you to target cards you specifically want) but I'm definitely going to keep playing after doing 2-3 runs of it today and having a good time.

I also got a request: anyone got sights on liliana contract deck?
Step 1: Put Lili's contract in a deck
Step 2: Put arcane adaptation in a deck
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit

bf3edaaf-cf63-4e17-94ae-9d9991d9fb5f.jpg

Generic-Giant-Spider

Jumpstart isn't bad at all actually, it has an interesting appeal and I've been getting a lot of decent cards from it albeit most for Historic which is like the bad neighborhood after sundown.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Jumpstart isn't bad at all actually, it has an interesting appeal and I've been getting a lot of decent cards from it albeit most for Historic which is like the bad neighborhood after sundown.

ya it's pretty fun tbh I just like seeing all the new cards and it seems about as balanced as a mega set like this could be. still 4 entries and I haven't gotten my dino land so I'm pretty pissed about that :/

at this stage I expect that ankmurmur will be same story?
They haven't said much official, but the general sound of things is they're going to sell packs (Maybe draft?) of a set with both Ankh sets squished together and some stuff cut. If it's just 1k gold-per-pack with a single rare and two uncommons like normal only the set is almost as big as two full sets, that's going to really suck. But WotC has shown they're really fucking bad at keeping reasonable monetization (Outside of just playing standard) in MTGA so god knows. Kind of a crapshoot at the moment.

They really need to improve Arena's wildcard system because while it's generous and completely reasonable for JUST standard, it's absolutely not acceptable when historic is having additional content dropped straight into it. The anthologies are semi-workable because they're a lump sum purchase but Jumpstart and Egypt-land are massive gold/gem sinks on top of presumably still wanting Zendikar in a few months.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
boys unpredictable cyclone = coolest card released so far in mtga fite me
cycling into multiple copies of motherfucking SHARKNADO
sppoawl.jpg

GOZIRRA (eat my ass ugin!)
1DVVrpk.jpg

or the incredible RAKA ULTI

NkxUpqi.jpg

it's like playing a slot machine but with every spin you win I never have so much fun

Generic-Giant-Spider

Damn, vamp cards they added in like Drana, Gifted Aetherborn, Blood Artist and Exquisite Blood have made mono black vampires even more fun than before especially with Vito. The infinity lockdown with Exquisite/Vito is pure lols, Aetherborn is like Dire Moon's bigger brother and makes a stellar blocker, Blood Artists can be perfect answers for mass removals and Drana is like the gift that keeps giving. I don't have them yet but Sangromancer looks like a good time as does Bloodbond Vampire. Feels like there's a ton more synergy now and coupled with Sorin makes the whole thing feel pretty deadly, imo.

They haven't said much official
they keep saying its going to be limited experience. It was same story with jumpstart. At the very finish they revealed lack of packs
Oh? I guess I missed that. Last I heard was... I guess a month+ ago when they just threw a tidbit out about it. Interesting... If they do a similar thing as Jumpstart (2k entry for 2+ rares and 2 rare+ ICRs) that would be cool. I doubt they will since a Jumpstart-like product would require more thought for a slight degree of balance, but I guess we'll see.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom