Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What's your favorite "DnD / fantasy RPG for dummies" article or rulebook intro

Curratum

Last edited by a moderator:

Lagi

Savant
Come on man... You write dozens of post per hour (in inglish) but have a problem translate 10 page of your RPGs?

If you create hype at least take some responsibility

Curratum

Come on man... You write dozens of post per hour (in inglish) but have a problem translate 10 page of your RPGs?

If you create hype at least take some responsibility

Machine translation is up. You should be able to figure out the rules from that. if not, you can add me on Discord or whatever and we can talk more about it.

Generic-Giant-Spider

The best advice I can give is if you are playing a campaign that has you kill many giant spiders then the DM is likely a pedophile/registered sex offender and to tell daddy he touched you, even if he didn't touch you at all.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Microlite20 purest essence.
I know you already came up with your solution, but I second this. It's EVERYTHING you need, from races & classes to equipment, spells and monsters in a free, 17-page PDF: https://microlite20.org/board/?w3=dmlld3RvcGljLnBocD9mPTE1JnQ9MjM=

It's a bit outdated, last month they released a 2020 edition that improves some of the rules. It's free and only 4 pages long: https://microlite20.org/board/?w3=dmlld3RvcGljLnBocD9mPTI3JnQ9MjY1

I really like how they handle magic and HP, makes the mage feels much more interesting to play. Might be worth copying some ideas.

Lagi

Savant
sorry, but this document composition (or rather lack of it), make me nauseous from reading it. I know more about your system from your posts. You make the assumptions that reader dont know anything about games at all (with explanation of dice f.ex, EVERYONE knows that) which create wall of texts.

"each character test DEVIL" : D

I know you already came up with your solution, but I second this. It's EVERYTHING you need, from races & classes to equipment, spells and monsters in a free, 17-page PDF: https://microlite20.org/board/?w3=dmlld3RvcGljLnBocD9mPTE1JnQ9MjM=

It's a bit outdated, last month they released a 2020 edition that improves some of the rules. It's free and only 4 pages long: https://microlite20.org/board/?w3=dmlld3RvcGljLnBocD9mPTI3JnQ9MjY1

I really like how they handle magic and HP, makes the mage feels much more interesting to play. Might be worth copying some ideas.

Micro2020 looks too wordy compare to perfect micro20. I didnt study it deeply anyway.

------

anyway everyone post more of your heartbreakers !! there is lots of fresh ideas inside.
{i dont know why its interesting to me, last time i run pnp rpg was decade ago}

Curratum

sorry, but this document composition (or rather lack of it), make me nauseous from reading it. I know more about your system from your posts. You make the assumptions that reader dont know anything about games at all (with explanation of dice f.ex, EVERYONE knows that) which create wall of texts.

"each character test DEVIL" : D

I told you it was shit, you nagged me to post it and now you're whining about the lack of formatting? Bro, seriously! :D

Curratum

And to everyone suggesting using microlite...

To make a skill check, use this formula:
D20 + relevant ability modifier + level + relevant background points Vs. DC

Are you taking the fucking piss? :D

D20 Vs. your ability score, adv/disadv may apply

There, done! The whole point of the system is to NEVER have to do addition or subtraction.

Lagi

Savant
one thing it is counter intuitive to trying to roll low on D20,

but besides that - its perfect.

GM: test your Agility
PC: I pass

Curratum

Combat is "roll high under" because you want to be below your ability score but over your enemy's AC / defense.

Stella Brando

Arcane
Just start with these.

gurps.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom