Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I am curious how you did the Fire room without using any of the ice scrolls or the confusion scroll.
Wizard + Fighter (equipped with the outsider bane sword). As soon as the salamander approaches, you trip him with your fighter and attack for something around 40 damage. You can disable the elemental in many different ways: I went for a simple Glitterdust (I respecced him and took Spell Focus and Greater Spell Focus, reaching a 65% success chance) and that was enough to render him useless (while blind, he couldn't hit anyone). When the salamander stands up that's another 40 damage with the AoO and he usually wastes his standard action to attack in melee (if he casts a fireball, that's an immediate reload). Another 40 damage with a melee attack in the next round and then you just need to take out the blind elemental and a single round should be enough to do that.

You can also blast the salamander with the wand that you find in the room if the fighter gets bad damage rolls, but you don't need that.

Both character were level 4.

Mortmal

Arcane
How many people have finished the game so far?
You , rpguy jasede ,dickie and some other codexer did it legit , although the xp banking or mass rerolling and checking with editor is borderline.Another guy on discord did it legit , the other cheated, on 838 backers that does not even make 1% . I'll try to raise the stat later but my party of 6 is underleveled and undermanned for the gate . Frankly i am quite tired of the reload game, or rerolling and banking xp like everyone .One round everyone down is the worst design possible. Poor pierre must be surrounded by yesmen as friends who said everything was fine. Making a new campaign with th editor is possible of coursse, but tremendous amount of work for nothing. That could have been absolutely great for everyone .

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Do not even believe for a second that any of his friends beat this game, or played it longer than 2 minutes.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I hope you don't mean me. I've never even finished the goblin king. I don't play it so much any more. I don't have the patience to reload my save a bunch of times nor to re-roll yet another party. Maybe if we had point-buy, I'd make some new dudes.

Has anybody tried getting a refund?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
... a refund?

Pierre has a master’s degree in international economics and finance. He has studied at the universities of Bordeaux in France and Bradford in the UK. He has lived and worked in France, India and the UK. He works as an analyst in the UK and is also an independent video-game developer.

Mortmal

Arcane
I hope you don't mean me. I've never even finished the goblin king. I don't play it so much any more. I don't have the patience to reload my save a bunch of times nor to re-roll yet another party. Maybe if we had point-buy, I'd make some new dudes.

Has anybody tried getting a refund?
Ah my bad, i thought you finished it . Not trying to get a refund, but feelings are mixed after this. There's still 2 others modules on the way. Hope He works full time on them, i am still starved for some good D&D .

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The next module will start you off blind, sickened, and silenced in a room full of chromatic dragons with a poison tile floor, on the next round 2 liches will spawn in and then on the next round after that every god from the evil pantheon will spawn in.

With a low ceiling.

SilentLion

Barely Literate
Fuck, it's actually much harder than I imagined... there's a lot of scripts that change the NPCs status from neutral to enemy, or start combat with a set group... if any NPC is missing from those scripts, he game crashes. Since you can't check "all scripts that reference this creature", you basically have to check every single script in the map & edit it to no longer reference the creatures you removed. Still doable, but 10x more work than I imagined.

Now I get it why Pierre wants to change a global factor like HP on level up instead of editing the module's content. :/

We could ask Pierre to make the engine not immediately crash if a script line or group listing references a non-existing NPC but rather skip that line or the command execution for that particular NPC (which of course could still lead to the script breaking but would make the engine a bit more robust). Should not be hard to implement, and would make sense not only to help create Augury of Chaos Lite but for easier module creation in general.

Mortmal

Arcane
Add a pool with sharks and laser beams attached to their heads too in the middle of the room.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
It's like you guys want this to be too easy. You forgot to mention the party is split into three groups, but you only start with four characters.

Dorateen

Arcane
Testing some conditional-based dialogue options. The way I have it working now, answers will only be displayed and selectable if there is a character in the party who meets the requirements.

XVI8Trp.jpg

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
1.0.2 should be available in a couple of hours. Keep an eye on Kickstarter
Do you have the inside track on whether Pierre plans to modify the module or if it's just going to be adding things in the options menu like max HP?

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Do you have the inside track on whether Pierre plans to modify the module or if it's just going to be adding things in the options menu like max HP?

He already modified the Pizarra fight, giving some classes like druid options to surprise her or something like that.

Mortmal

Arcane

He already modified the Pizarra fight, giving some classes like druid options to surprise her or something like that.
Oh pierre is too kind indeed...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom