Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Unwanted

†††

Patron
It's been funny to occasionally check in on this game and watch the aesthetics gradually go from Kowloon Walled City to Borderlands-meets-Miami Beach.
To be honest, the Cyberpunk aesthetic wasn't fitting for GTA6, glad Rockstar Poland realized it.

Gerrard

Arcane
Just want to remind you how close to release the fake "in-game" footage for Witcher 3 was.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Just want to remind you how close to release the fake "in-game" footage for Witcher 3 was.
The pre-release "in-game" footage of Witcher 3 was good looking with godlike assets quality. Cyberpunk on the other hand looks like Fallout 4 with cyberpunk-themed mods. So, it's real.

Gerrard

Arcane
The pre-release "in-game" footage of Witcher 3 was good looking with godlike assets quality. Cyberpunk on the other hand looks like Fallout 4 with cyberpunk-themed mods. So, it's real.
I meant this in relation to all the information we get in general, not just the visuals.
Remember how many thing were also done last-minute in witcher's case, despite the delays. Like the economy.

Zer0wing

Cipher
I meant this in relation to all the information we get in general, not just the visuals.
Remember how many thing were also done last-minute in witcher's case, despite the delays. Like the economy.
Seems like this is the case for every CDPR's game.

They still don't know how their 1st person melee and unarmed combat should look, they still don't know how to get the impact right. They still don't know how should their skill tree look, the latest info suggests sawyeristic approach this time, everything is so small gains, yet so many of useless perks.
Boy this is some tasteful hatefuck material for any reviewer already...

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
And the hacking system, which is a major part of the game, is getting reworked in the last minute.
You can give a yurojank developer billions, but you can't take the jank out of them. CDPR are, after all the money, still Piranha Bytes East.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
This is justice for giving Linux the middle finger after having promised a Witcher 3 port. They didn't even use Vulkan so we can play it on Linux (and support open standards in general), they went to suck Microsoft dick. I hope they crash and burn.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Witcher 3 is the best RPG since Baldur's Gate 2, you fucking inbreds.

Witcher 3 is an awesome interactive movie with action adventure elements. An RPG, hardly, let's be honest.

This is justice for giving Linux the middle finger after having promised a Witcher 3 port. They didn't even use Vulkan so we can play it on Linux (and support open standards in general), they went to suck Microsoft dick. I hope they crash and burn.

> Witcher is just a movie with no gaymeplay!!
> I can't play Witcher because no lin00x p0rt

giphy.gif

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Interesting that they're claiming there's less urgency in the game. They want you to walk around and explore the city at a more leisurely pace (basically LARPing). Some people are going to hate this, but I think it's cool.

(insert joke about Crispy's long-known preferences here)

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
> Witcher is just a movie with no gaymeplay!!
> I can't play Witcher because no lin00x p0rt

giphy.gif

So? I don't get your confusion. Let me explain in simple terms:

I am not your typical codexer pretentious edgelord. I have nothing against interactive movies when they are quality interactive movies and the subject interests me, like the Witcher franchise.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
And the hacking system, which is a major part of the game, is getting reworked in the last minute.
You can give a yurojank developer billions, but you can't take the jank out of them. CDPR are, after all the money, still Piranha Bytes East.
That's not really fair to Piranha Bytes considering that cdpr still hasn't made a game that's even as good as Gothic 3 or Risen 3

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

It seems to now be a scifi version of having a grimoire, memorized spells and mana.

At least the remote hacking thing...

just

Liturgist
so what was this notorious hacking system that broke all the journos
did you actually had to write perl scripts i'm really curious
are there any vids

Semiurge

Cipher
Interesting that they're claiming there's less urgency in the game. They want you to walk around and explore the city at a more leisurely pace (basically LARPing). Some people are going to hate this, but I think it's cool.

(insert joke about Crispy's long-known preferences here)

Perfect.

STL149216

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I wish microsoft would buy Cdprojekt, make it Xbox exclusive. See you fuckers going on about how that's unfair because the ps5 is such a superior platform.

I haven't seen any consoletards(or worse: PSfags) around here tho.

They are hiding in the high grass.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom