Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Re-release of 1985 action game Saboteur! Apparently this was released on Switch few days ago too:

The second game also gets remastered release:

And it gets a brand new sequel.

SabSIOMainGIF.jpg

Saboteur SiO is the official sequel to the classic retro games Saboteur! and Saboteur II: Avenging Angel.
Travel the world in this original ninja mission, created and developed by the original author, Clive Townsend.

SabSIOGIF1.jpg

In 1985 Saboteur! received the prestigious award "The Crash Smash" from Crash magazine and was high-rated with a 93% score. In 1987 Clive made the sequel Saboteur II: Avenging Angel - the first video game to feature a female protagonist - Nina - sister of the ninja from the first game. Now, after over three decades, SimFabric in collaboration with Clive Townsend have prepared the next installment in the Saboteur saga.

SabSIOGIF2.jpg

- 19 Special story-related achievements.
- All new levels, enemies, and story by Clive Townsend.
- Original Soundtrack by: Sean Fountain, Geovarius, Zoltar Dreamusic, and Jeroen Tel.
- Original Retro graphics and extra screen modes for ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64, Amstrad CPC, and Game Boy.
- 9 Language versions - English, Polish, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, Portuguese, Czech.

SabSIOGIF3.jpg

Retro options:
- Scanlines.
- CRT Moire.
- Retro, Modern, and 'Original' title and menu.
- Retro and Modern in-game panel.
- Modern difficulty setting, for players with non-retro skills ;-)

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Dead Age 2, a sequel to 2016 zombie apocalypse survival RPG:

ss_c47a84bd99a9b8caf9e338411cc16759895b5911.600x338.jpg
ss_678cd50967136f78349aec7f76c17f9ae797a99d.600x338.jpg

With grand wishlist goals.

dead_age_2_wishlist_asset_NOV2019.jpg

I don't think I've ever seen a wishlist campaign with actual, meaty in-game content goals like this. (Bard's Tale 4 did it with a silly Darkest Dungeon torch and price reduction.)

This is out on Early Access now on Steam. I hope it doesn't hit that 100k Wishlist goal of adding women and gays.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Re-release of 1985 action game Saboteur! Apparently this was released on Switch few days ago too:

The second game also gets remastered release:

And it gets a brand new sequel.

SabSIOMainGIF.jpg

Saboteur SiO is the official sequel to the classic retro games Saboteur! and Saboteur II: Avenging Angel.
Travel the world in this original ninja mission, created and developed by the original author, Clive Townsend.

SabSIOGIF1.jpg

In 1985 Saboteur! received the prestigious award "The Crash Smash" from Crash magazine and was high-rated with a 93% score. In 1987 Clive made the sequel Saboteur II: Avenging Angel - the first video game to feature a female protagonist - Nina - sister of the ninja from the first game. Now, after over three decades, SimFabric in collaboration with Clive Townsend have prepared the next installment in the Saboteur saga.

SabSIOGIF2.jpg

- 19 Special story-related achievements.
- All new levels, enemies, and story by Clive Townsend.
- Original Soundtrack by: Sean Fountain, Geovarius, Zoltar Dreamusic, and Jeroen Tel.
- Original Retro graphics and extra screen modes for ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64, Amstrad CPC, and Game Boy.
- 9 Language versions - English, Polish, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, Portuguese, Czech.

SabSIOGIF3.jpg

Retro options:
- Scanlines.
- CRT Moire.
- Retro, Modern, and 'Original' title and menu.
- Retro and Modern in-game panel.
- Modern difficulty setting, for players with non-retro skills ;-)

c8qbrg8vg6p31.png

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Hell Let Loose is having a free weekend. I have clocked around 300 hours in the game... and well, it's great. It has a nice mix between realism and more arcade gameplay. You die in 1-2 hits, but you respawn fairly quick. The game requires a good SL and communication to win. It's just fun all around. The last patch fixed one big issue I had with the game - ninja spawnspoints. You can no longer build spawn points behind enemy lines, so now you actually have to work with your squad and push forward. It has this nice feeling of accomplishment when you manage to push the front up.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron

Hell Let Loose is having a free weekend. I have clocked around 300 hours in the game... and well, it's great. It has a nice mix between realism and more arcade gameplay. You die in 1-2 hits, but you respawn fairly quick. The game requires a good SL and communication to win. It's just fun all around. The last patch fixed one big issue I had with the game - ninja spawnspoints. You can no longer build spawn points behind enemy lines, so now you actually have to work with your squad and push forward. It has this nice feeling of accomplishment when you manage to push the front up.

This reminds me of Squad.

Jinn

Arcane

Yep, agreed. The game is great and only getting better with each update. Alienman and I have even played a few hours together. I've only played about 10 hours in total, but plan to put in much more.

I decided to wait for it to get a little closer to completion before I got all up in those game guts. After this last update, it's pretty near there for me. Highly recommend anyone interested to give it a try during the free weekend.

Latro

Arcane
Seems like an arcade-y red orchestra
It seems a lot more hardcore than RO.
does it have bullet drop, limb-based damage system, iron sights, recoil, the whole shebang?

True to life ballistics and recoil patterns create satisfying, skillful gunplay.

recoil patterns and ballistics are nice, but I believe RO and RO2 had more in-depth "realism"

Jinn

Arcane
Did you play early today Jinn? Remember seeing someone with your nick ingame at the 7 cav server today.

Nope, wasn't me unfortunately. Haven't had the time yet to actually try out the new update. We should all get together sometime soon and squad up though!

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Oh my, that doesn't look half bad. I'll still wait until it leaves Early Access.

Jinn

Arcane
does it have bullet drop, limb-based damage system, iron sights, recoil, the whole shebang?

Yes, I believe so, yes, yes, and yes.

Red Orchestra 2 at least is a fair amount more arcadey than Hell Let Loose. Hell Let Loose is basically the closest we'll get to RO2 for a very long time.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Yes, I believe so, yes, yes, and yes.

Red Orchestra 2 at least is a fair amount more arcadey than Hell Let Loose. Hell Let Loose is basically the closest we'll get to RO2 for a very long time.

Rifles, and machine guns don't have much bullet drop, but with sub-machine guns you will have to compensate. It has limb-based damage, with chest and head shots spelling death if you get hit by a rifle round, 2-3 for the pistol and smg. If you get hit in the head you are perma dead, otherwise you can get saved by a medic. Doesn't matter what caliber hits you in the head though, you will be dead. Otherwise the game also got a nice suppression effect, so when explosions goes off nearby, or when bullets whizz by you start to flinch and your vision gets all PTSD-like. Just spraying with MGs in the enemies general direction have a huge effect.

pOcHa

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
don't read into it too much, it was probably meant to represent bullet drop (autism is a hell of a drug)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom