Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Spacebourne - Mount & Blade in Space (early access)

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy

7ea14a_1b91f569c7a04167b0378c08a13ed2b8~mv2.webp

Spacebourne is an open world arcade game with RPG elements. You can explore and trade in it’s unique and vast galaxy while managing diplomacies between different races and factions and deciding for what and whom you will be fighting for.

7ea14a_380589435b95400ba61436fb1f295469~mv2.webp

SpaceBourne gives you complete freedom during both the main storyline and side missions. You can be a careless pirate, bounty hunter, or mercenary who doesn’t care for anyone else, or follow a peaceful path whenever possible and become a traveler or a merchant. You are free to lead others or be careless.

7ea14a_45f339b56f21464887dd0518fbae333d~mv2.webp

SpaceBourne’s universe has over 100 Solar Systems, over 400 planets and around 40 different landable Space Stations inhabited by thousands of interactable elements.

7ea14a_48035bbe879a4b129d21667ceceda5c9~mv2.webp

SpaceBourne is designed so the player can have total freedom. In SpaceBourne the player can mine astroids, salvage wrecks, bounty hunt, discover black holes, come accross space anomalies, become a pirate, discover uncharted systems; as well as following the main storyline, choose to accept side missions, help the races that are at war with each other, create a pirate organization and form an army, create a space station belonging to the player and produce ships, or trade. In all of these activities the player gets to make choices, he can choose to trade slaves with slave-traders, of start a war against them and end slavery.

7ea14a_dcc0244b4fcd490297fb26c771c5c09c~mv2.webp

The game moves forward with each and every decision you make. Every successful move will give you experience and you can use these experience points as you wish. Player Character has active and passive traits. Passive traits ( such as Piloting, Trade, Charisma etc. ) are improved or not according to the playstyle. Active traits on the other hand is left to the player to choose and pick up as the character levels up. SpaceBourne’s skill tree has dozens of active skills for the player to choose.

7ea14a_840ad28de164466890f6efb2e99bc6ba~mv2.webp

The player can get new ships, modify those ships, and load-up on all kinds of different weapons. There are hundreds of weapons and modifications to choose from. Using these options the player can create a ship suitable for their game style.

Last edited:

Reapa

Doom Preacher

Not very far into it yet, so if anyone has any comments feel free to share.
I like how you can dock to stations and actually move around and talk to "people" but the rest seems rather basic so far.

Squid

Arbiter
Looks like it might be worth keeping an eye on it. What's your opinion on it so far? Says it has 400 planets and a 100 solar systems and 37 landable space stations? At least they aren't going for that "INFINITE SPACE YOU GUISE."

Reapa

Doom Preacher
no autosave and got stuck at the trader because of some buggy npc that won't move out of the way any more. i don't think i like the moving around part as much as i thought. there's definitely not enough depth to the game to justify it.

SpaceBourne’s universe has over 100 Solar Systems, over 400 planets and 37 landable Space Stations.

yeah, no, i didn't see a single planet you could land on so the high number is fluff and the low number is quite low for a "universe".

SpaceBourne is designed so the player can have total freedom. In SpaceBourne the player can mine astroids, salvage wrecks, bounty hunt, discover black holes, come accross space anomalies, become a pirate, discover uncharted systems. While following the main storyline, the player can trade, accept side missions, help the races at war with each other and form up a force of his own. In all of these activities the player gets to make choices, he can choose to trade slaves, of start a war against them and end slavery.

maybe later. right now space is quite empty and the gps doesn't seem to work because your ship is not marked on the map and the map is useless: you can't create custom way points.

In order to accomplish all of this, one needs a good ship. Player character progresses through leveling, acquire new ships, modify the ships, create new and different weapons. ( As of Beta Ver. 5.0, the game has 144 different weapons and the number keeps going up with each update.)

haven't seen a single fucking ship yet for sale. freelancer offers 3 ships right from the start. not that it makes much of a difference since the game tells you right from the beginning that every ship is equipped with a turret, a missile launcher and a laser which is so fucking stupid i can't even....

Player Character has active and passive traits. Passive traits ( such as Piloting, Trade, Charisma etc. ) gets better or not according to the playstyle. Active traits on the other hand is left to the player to choose and pick up as the character levels up.

half assed

Except the main storyline SpaceBourne’s content is randomly generated. Every System is randomly generated at game initialization. This allows for the player to come across different events in every new map. This design choice was made in order to bring replayability to the game and allow the player to encounter different events on same maps.

how hard can it be to auto generate empty space? don't know what events they are talking about, there were none for me. space was empty as fuck. and the only sane way to travel was warping from base to mission objectives and back.

SpaceBourne includes 4 distinct races with different ships, and different specialties. There are more than 3.000 entities for you to interact.

yes. the english in the game is as good as the english in the description... and no, maybe it has 100 main quest and side quest npcs and the rest is one general npc with 3 dialogue options copied and pasted around the stations 2900 times.

Burak was born in 1983 in İzmir/Ödemiş. He graduated from highschool in 2003 and got his bachelor oflaw degree from Faculty of Law in 2010.
He has been active in computer and game industry for years. He wrote for magazines such as Chip,Merlin'in Kazanı and GamerTR, and he was a writer and editor for GameHQ.
He was tasked as an official/unofficial beta tester for major companies like Blizzard and Microsoft.
He also won the second place in Bitek-o Design Competition, the first place in Quake 3 Tournament amongst Turkish players, and the second place in Warcraft Frozen Throne Tournament amongst Turkish players.
After studying on game programming and graphical design for several years he has created his first game project MESEL.
After about 2 years, he designed the second game SpaceBourne.

this explains a lot i guess.
it's sad that some turk is making a bad freelancer clone while the rest of the world doesn't even try.

Squid

Arbiter
Sounds like a lot of jank. Never mind about keeping an eye on it.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/732240/view/3553928318054304385
The SpaceBourne 2 Final Closed Beta
The SpaceBourne 2 Final Closed Beta is now underway! Pilots, are you ready for the journey ahead?

The Final Closed Beta is a limited-access beta at the end of which all save files and steam keys will be deleted.

To apply for The Final Closed Beta, you can visit www.dbkgames.com or click the Beta Application

We have been working around the clock to provide you with a more streamlined and balanced gameplay experience.

Before we release SpaceBourne 2 Early Access, few minor bugs need to be fixed and further testing is needed. For these reasons,
We had to postpone the game to January 2023.

Thank you for your understanding.

You may join our Discord channel to stay up to date on SpaceBourne 2 news throughout this period.

See you in space.

ArchAngel

Arcane
This steam reviews says it all:
Unfinished. Unpolished. Unimpressed. Actually, a little horrified...

TL;DR: Avoid this title and get Everspace2 (or download an old Wing Commander game, or just anything else) instead.

The game crashes, locks up the UI, has inconsistent UI designs (annoyingly so). It feels like an abandoned early access title. Almost 18 hours in, so I really gave it my best, but there just isn't anything to recommend this game. Clearly lacked evem basic play-testing prior to launch, as the problems are apparent almost immediately, but then only get worse.

Examples:
Different UI Windows have close buttons in completely different places.
Is a space sim, but lacks radar, or even just a target window.
Your ship can get in the way of aiming (you can still attack and even hit if the enemy is moving predictably enough, but you can't see them maneuvering, etc. and are frequently just firing blind.)
The "story" elements are very low level writing, with pointless decisions, unclear prompts, etc. For example at one point you can try to convince a "big bad" that he should spare you because you can help him. If you do, he just immediately kills you and the choice rewinds and repeats until you agree to sell out your friend. (The choice even being there is completely pointless - immediately so.)
The ship choices are underwhelming, the mechanics are just as badly balanced (for instance, you can spend 20 mintues clearing a scrap or asteroid field, and fill your hold, for about 5k or so profit. Or you can run in grab an anomoly and leave without even fighting in about 5 minutes for 15-60k profit...

Janky but kind of fun anyway, as long as you don't expect too much from a game created by a single Turk.
same premise of mount & blade.

edit: i just checked, and i already played this, i keep forgetting, it's not the first time it happens, because the game sucked oh god so much. low hopes for the sequel.

Last edited:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Such a pity that the Kickstarter for the sequel failed, but fortunately progress seems to be continuing apace regardless. :dealwithit:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1646850/view/3636130426575308369
SpaceBourne2: Launching into Early Access
Greetings Pilots and Commanders,

The countdown to the early access launch of SpaceBourne2 is just 2 days away! After approximately 3 years of game design, and with the support and dedication of countless players who have spent hundreds of hours playing the same game over and over, I am grateful to announce that we are finally ready to take off.

From Friday onward, we will embark on a new adventure, working closely with our Early Access players to create something even better. We believe that together, with the feedback and contributions of our community, we can achieve great things and take our game to new heights.

Get ready to join us on this journey into space, and let's make SpaceBourne2 the best it can be!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom