Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Looks like the Dead Three will be very important on BG3 lore

Why, because some random guy on YouTube made an FR lore video and added "Baldur's Gate 3" to the title for clicks?

At 7:50 he quoted Larian
4dBQOuh.png

And honestly i can't think in other way to make BG3 a sequel to BG2...

Imagine tadpoles actually being a real thing. Those buggers could give Larian the powers needed to create a proper Baldurs Gate sequel.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's a bit odd how Larian revealed plot details in that one press release (Cult of the Absolute! The Dead Three!) and then decided not to talk about them again. There's no mention of that stuff on the game's Steam page or in any interview that I can recall.

The goblins in last month's stream mentioned the Absolute but only very vaguely.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Why, because some random guy on YouTube made an FR lore video and added "Baldur's Gate 3" to the title for clicks?

4dBQOuh.png

Imagine tadpoles actually being a real thing. Those buggers could give Larian the powers needed to create a proper Baldurs Gate sequel.
I doubt that there will be any difference mate,tadpoles do tend to eat your brain. The poor things will die from hunger if put in the head of a larian's dev.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It's a bit odd how Larian revealed plot details in that one press release (Cult of the Absolute! The Dead Three!) and then decided not to talk about them again. There's no mention of any of that stuff on the game's Steam page or in any interview that I can recall.
Well because it sounds retarded and they won't want to loose even more potential buyers lol.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

I presume you also don't read all the news pieces you post? :lol:

I forgot/didn't notice that they mentioned that stuff earlier this year so I assumed he was pulling it out of his ass. Like I said they seem to have intentionally downplayed it afterwards. My bad.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I still stand by the tadpoles eating your brain in a matter of hours, or a few days at most.
Well that was the old lore,the one that was interesting and actually made sense. Now bugs in your head make you god or something. It kind of feels like larian just larped what owlcat was doing,the part that you could become super powerful god like.

Shrimp

Arbiter
My guess is it's going to be resolved around the end of the first chapter of the story. I doubt they'll have us chasing for a cure for the entire duration of the game.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I still stand by the tadpoles eating your brain in a matter of hours, or a few days at most.
Well that was the old lore,the one that was interesting and actually made sense. Now bugs in your head make you god or something. It kind of feels like larian just larped what owlcat was doing,the part that you could become super powerful god like.

There is a HUGE difference. Pathfinder Kingmaker has you defeating a DEMIgod after spending a lot of time and effort weakening him in a optional chapter in a high level campaign and next game will have mythic levels and probably at best you will fight demigods. Your lv 20 PC on PFKM still weaker than a "quasi deity", he only wins due lucky, save scum, greater number, strategy and plot reasons. Larian is making the player God in a lv 10 campaign. We already have a amazing story involving a Bhaalspawn. being a victim of a weird mindflayer experiment seems way more interesting, original and fits more a low to mid level campaign.

Last edited:

Gyor

Savant

You do realize that Larian started working on BG3 years before Wrath of the Righteous. Its a mutant tadpole with magitech enhancements, like a living Ioun Stone. What is so hard to understand?

Gyor

Savant

There is a HUGE difference. Pathfinder Kingmaker has you defeating a DEMIgod after spending a lot of time and effort weakening him in a optional chapter in a high level campaign and next game will have mythic levels and probably at best you will fight demigods. Your lv 20 PC on PFKM still weaker than a "quasi deity". Larian is making the player God in a lv 10 campaign. We already have a amazing story involving a Bhaalspawn. being a victim of a weird mindflayer experiment seems way more interesting, original and fits more a low to mid level campaign.

They are turning the character into a psionic supersoldier, not a demi/qausigod. Its like DOS1 and how in addition to your regular class/es your also a Sourcerer, but in this case your a regular class (or multiple regular classes) and True Mind, kind of like 2e AD&D multiclassing.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I am gonna go ahead and try to fix Larians shit here. My fabously optimistic interpretation:

The tadpole is not the source of your power. The tadpole is meant to power up and transform humans into stronger mages. You however were born divine. I assume every origin will have some supernatural powersource in their body - probably blood from Bhaal, maybe something unique for each origin. As the tadpole threatens your life that power comes online like an autonomous defense system and you have a very rude awakening to your divine heritage.

Peachcurl

Cipher
1)Buy resurrection scroll for 2000gp
2)Cut character head
3)????
4)Roll credits

Hm. How would that work?

Wouldn't the resurrection re-attach the head, with the living tadpole still inside?

Or does resurrection grow a new, healthy head? Does that mean you can get a nice set of 4 identical cups made of your own skull for a mere 8000gp? That would be neat!

Codex Year of the Donut
1)Buy resurrection scroll for 2000gp
2)Cut character head
3)????
4)Roll credits

Hm. How would that work?

Wouldn't the resurrection re-attach the head, with the living tadpole still inside?

Or does resurrection grow a new, healthy head? Does that mean you can get a nice set of 4 identical cups made of your own skull for a mere 8000gp? That would be neat!
No, that's actually one of the most effective ways to stop it.
ED7pkxX.png

Elex

Arbiter
4dBQOuh.png

we also know:

- the tadpole are
a mind flayer experiment for creating supersoldier: for fight what?
source: the last issue of dragon +

- One of the Duke of baldur’s gate is
under mind flayer control
Once a vigorous and formidable politician, Duke Belynne Stelmane recently suffered a seizure that left her with a partially paralyzed face and slowed speech. In truth, a mind flayer provoked the duke's "seizure" when it took mental possession of her. Now Stelmane wages a silent war against the mind flayer's influence, biding her time until she can find a way to signal for aid or regain her will. Not even Stelmane's aides are aware of her secret struggle, though they cover for her as best they can.

Given her current situation, Duke Stelmane is in no position to oppose attempts by her fellow dukes to seize the reins of power in Baldur's Gate.
source: BG descent

-another duke is the head
of a devil cult, you stop this cult in BG descent campaign. The plan of this duke is sending the entire BG city into avernus. This duke use the treasure of Tiamat for pay money to the dead three cultist

The last Duke
is a weak politician easily manipulable
source BG descent

- the grand duke Ravenguard is currently
in Elturel, the city now in Avernus so BG have no leadership

the cult of the dead three
after the first half of descent basically have no enemyes at all in the city because the adventurers kill all the things opposing the dead three: only the mind flayer have the political power (via the duke mind control) of keep the city in order

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom