Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I'm all filled with emotions as i just experienced my first (beside the character creation thing mentioned in the previous page) crash to desktop (quick load -> crash), looks like it's not fixed yet...

Loaded when i realized i missed some content after dealing with pizzara and getting teleported...

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Forgot about one issue, 1.02 advertised about the stretch option (in full screen mode) being fixed.
What do you mean by this? I don't see anything about it in the notes. The closest thing I see is about using Windows Scaling, which does seem to work without ruining the game now.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Forgot about one issue, 1.02 advertised about the stretch option (in full screen mode) being fixed.
What do you mean by this? I don't see anything about it in the notes. The closest thing I see is about using Windows Scaling, which does seem to work without ruining the game now.
I was hellishly surprised yesterday when game suddenly started to work in proper QHD while in adventure/combat (all other screens still small and centered) with full-screen on.
63ix7iR.jpg

Darth Canoli

Arcane
My bad, i just read it too fast and didn't try full screen either since 1.02 as the option disappeared but i just tried and it works just fine.

So, quick load still crashes the game but normal loading doesn't? Or does the quick load works most of the time and i was just unlucky?

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
There doesn't seem to be a separate thread for KotC, the first incarnation, so I'll ask here - has anyone been able to play the steam version of KotC via Steam Play (Proton 5.0-9)? I tried the free demo and it does not launch (steam changes status to "Running" but then the game window is not brought up as if it wasn't started, though it is showing in running processes), though downloaded from the official site it seems to be working fine (using wine 5.12). Is there a way to make the steam version work on Linux?

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I reached chapter 2.

Was there a way through the locked door in the chaos pool room in chapter 1?
At some point, i get a message about a secret but nothing else.

This is fucking good!

I modded the main campaign though, adding 20K gold for every party member (they're starting with 120K), preemptive measure to balance the leveling gold cost.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I reached chapter 2.

Was there a way through the locked door in the chaos pool room in chapter 1?
At some point, i get a message about a secret but nothing else.

This is fucking good!

I modded the main campaign though, adding 20K gold for every party member (they're starting with 120K), preemptive measure to balance the leveling gold cost.

You missed a treasure in the torch ( press tab to reveal hidden objects )
The door leads to the room with pizarra. It's locked until the combat with her starts.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I should have killed them all like the first time, chose to work with Yanos to avoid the stripping part but the outcome is the same, without the xp and the satisfaction to cleanse the dungeon from evil.

By the way, is there some spells/skills shortcuts like in ToEE, can't remember if KotC had some ?

edit : somewhat, shortcuts got swallowed by a mimic, didn't make much sense

Last edited:

cruelio

Savant
There has to be a way that I can kill you through this website so that I never have to see your inability to take basic screenshots again. Mods? Admins?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
hory shit men pierre has decided to give me back my items and even gave me some gold to level up!

dis death snare was certainly the most rewarding part of the game so far, especially with the way i instakilled the dragon by poking him with a stick, and the vampire by tossing him down a well

10/10

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Friendly reminder to buy the astragalus and figs from the ratmen along with the arrow of slaying from the goblins, don't bother with potions other than healing though, you'll almost never have time to use them. Also remember to invest in mass ability boost for your cleric when the time comes, int boost can and will make all the difference in DC on some battles.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Don't buy more than 3 or however much they have though, the merchants are bugged and restock consumables on reload...

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Two little nuisances :
  • Summons take their sweet time to appear...
  • Non-AOE spells shouldn't have the extra explosion animation, magic missiles being the worst offender but any missile spell has them, even the ones from the psionicist and it's not like the effects are so great we can't get enough, i wish we had an option to remove these.

Those undead bane weapons come in handy.
Spectral Dragon ... OS, What the fuck Pierre? That's way too easy!

:troll:

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Friendly reminder to buy the astragalus and figs from the ratmen along with the arrow of slaying from the goblins, don't bother with potions other than healing though, you'll almost never have time to use them. Also remember to invest in mass ability boost for your cleric when the time comes, int boost can and will make all the difference in DC on some battles.

Who do you buy the arrow for?

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Who do you buy the arrow for?

The hydra, kind of a hard shot though since he's usually in the water. I'm sure it could just as easily be used on a number of other dangerous and annoying enemies like the sarco, Pizarra, maybe even Settram if you use true seeing.

Noddy

Augur
I think the best way of fixing Augury of Chaos would be to introduce a reasonable new chapter II after killing Pizarra but before the Oubliette to let you enter the Oubliette with 1 or 2 more levels, and of course get rid of the dumbo equipment removal and level-up cost. The Oubliette would be nowhere near as offensive if you started it with a properly geared out level 5 party, though obviously I can't say whether that would make any difference further down the line.

I think the best way of fixing your brain would be slicing of the shitter neurons that have unfortunately hampered your experience. Follow it with hitting you in the head in the hammer until you discover the basic human capacity to learn. Then maybe just skullfuck the obviously useless grey matter in there until the sheer pneumatic thrusting power makes you realise that the difficulty is trying, even fucking begging you, to engage with wealth of tactical and character management options provided by one the greatest combat rpg's ever made.
I swear to fucking god if you end up reviewing this game I’m gonna write my own essay and 80% of the word count is gonna be a metaphor for my dick and 19% pure love poetry to Pierre about how hard he makes it.
Fucking game's a fucking masterpiece and it's gonna end up being fucking dissected and dumbed down by fucking retards FUCK

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Finally started playing. Beat the fight after 2nd door... Only had gold to level up 5 out of 6 characters. Seems like more encounters no matter where I go from there. Am only supposed to win that fight by using one or two spells? Cause think most characters are out after fighting those guys and the elementals in the brazier. How close is the first rest campfire (it sounds like they have limited uses?)

AdolfSatan

Arcane
You'll be able to drink from the pool on the right which is the same as using a campfire, but if you just got there and already need the rest it's time to reroll the party (or manage your fights better).

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Just tested something:

EdVlZRWUcAAj5wL.png

Theme aside, you CAN make a monster arena module, you just have create a script to add monsters as temporary party members and make the party leader "inactive until end of combat". It's annoying that new party menbers always teleport to be next to party leader when added, so you have to teleport them back into the arena. But it works!

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I think the best way of fixing Augury of Chaos would be to introduce a reasonable new chapter II after killing Pizarra but before the Oubliette to let you enter the Oubliette with 1 or 2 more levels, and of course get rid of the dumbo equipment removal and level-up cost. The Oubliette would be nowhere near as offensive if you started it with a properly geared out level 5 party, though obviously I can't say whether that would make any difference further down the line.

I think the best way of fixing your brain would be slicing of the shitter neurons that have unfortunately hampered your experience. Follow it with hitting you in the head in the hammer until you discover the basic human capacity to learn. Then maybe just skullfuck the obviously useless grey matter in there until the sheer pneumatic thrusting power makes you realise that the difficulty is trying, even fucking begging you, to engage with wealth of tactical and character management options provided by one the greatest combat rpg's ever made.
I swear to fucking god if you end up reviewing this game I’m gonna write my own essay and 80% of the word count is gonna be a metaphor for my dick and 19% pure love poetry to Pierre about how hard he makes it.
Fucking game's a fucking masterpiece and it's gonna end up being fucking dissected and dumbed down by fucking retards FUCK

tumblr_me6oayA9Em1r96x1xo1_400.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom