Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline have Denuvo and steam finally cracked the skill/will of pirates?

cretin

Magister
Douchebag!
According to crackwatch.com, RDR2 is currently 257 days since its PC release, with no working crack in sight. Resident evil 3 remake is currently 108 days with no crack in sight. CODMW, 269 days. FIFA20, 297 days. I could go on and on, but I purposefully only selected the megahit games which can't be excused for being niche or not having enough interest.

It gets worse when you look at games with denuvo from 2019, 2018 and even 2017 that still haven't been cracked despite hugely popular demand.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I'm thinking multiplayer, achievements, DLC faggotry such as skins and other vanity shit, all used to brag to your friends, are also pushing people to buy the crap and diminishing the pirate copy demand.

We live in the age of the Like. And to be Liked, you have to buy the shit so you can share your derpiness with others. A social person is a Good Consoomer.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
I SEE DENUVO AHEAD OH GOD OH FUCK IT IS HU...

SJvef5v3rEH1tN4vEBOJ7mJmulbHrnoxlpM5ck4n.png

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
According to crackwatch.com, RDR2 is currently 257 days since its PC release, with no working crack in sight. Resident evil 3 remake is currently 108 days with no crack in sight. CODMW, 269 days. FIFA20, 297 days. I could go on and on, but I purposefully only selected the megahit games which can't be excused for being niche or not having enough interest.

It gets worse when you look at games with denuvo from 2019, 2018 and even 2017 that still haven't been cracked despite hugely popular demand.

There was some big scandal recently where someone leaked a crack with a bunch of source files which pissed off a bunch of release groups. Apparently the files could be used to fix holes in Denuvo.

Saying that never underestimate the ego and politics of scene and release groups. Groups have refused to release cracks in the past due to perceived insults.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
DLC faggotry such as skins and other vanity shit, all used to brag to your friends.
You're fucking with me. This is seriously a thing nowadays?

Where have you been the last six to ten years? There are people out there who just buy games to increase their xbox game score or platinum trophies.

One of my friends/work colleagues buys steam games with lots of achievements purely to increase his achievement ranking.

I tried to get him to buy KOTC for that reason, but Steam doesn't count KOTC towards achievement rankings because it has too many achievements and hasn't sold enough copies.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
This is basically mirroring real life.

"Look at me I'm wearing Nike shoes I'm so stylish and hip, plus they support BLM so I'm also morally superior."

You gotta spend the big bucks for your status and virtue signaling, IRL and online. Couple that with boosting your e-peen achievement ranking, and you're sure to bed the woman of your dreams.

You can't pirate that.

GewuerzKahn

Savant
DLC faggotry such as skins and other vanity shit, all used to brag to your friends.
You're fucking with me. This is seriously a thing nowadays?
A normie friend showed me his knife skins from CSGO. He thought that would impress me.
Some interns bragged about how much money (200-300 Euros) they spend with FIFA coins.

I really hate online gamer. They think only games like Overwatch, Fortnite, Call of Duty, etc. exist.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Man, gaming has become complicated or something? Only online games I've ever played, with interest, was Guild Wars, Street Fighter HD Remix, Blackhawk Down, and Resistance: Fall of Man. A friend gave me a burned copy of Blackhawk Down, though. Anyways, I do know that a lot of my graduate class seems to be interested in watching League of Legends tournaments or something. When I go to their labs, they're watching that stupid shit on the computers while working.

I find shit like that pathetic as hell. Whatever happened to guys liking sports or professional wrestling? Seems like each generation is getting more and more pathetic.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Whatever happened to guys liking sports or professional wrestling? Seems like each generation is getting more and more pathetic.
It's just the natural instinct of men to compete for the women that's at play here. Decoupled from its original purpose, twisted for the online social life. A competition without its expected reward, just men measuring dicks like squirrels burrying nuts never to find them again.

Quite sad, the state of modern men, and of the society that can't harness their energy positively.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I find shit like that pathetic as hell. Whatever happened to guys liking sports or professional wrestling?
There is nothing particularly manly about watching sports on the screen. And I'll defend esports tournaments, to a degree at least.

The online patching mights also be an issue, I remember how annoying it was to download a slew of 8GB patches for Kingmaker. Almost made me buy the damn thing.

Last edited:

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I find shit like that pathetic as hell. Whatever happened to guys liking sports or professional wrestling?
There is nothing particularly manly about watching sports on the screen. And I'll defend esports tournaments, to a degree at least.

The online patching mights also be an issue, I remember how annoying it was to download a slew of 8GB patches. Almost made me buy the damn thing.
Fuck off with that. Watching blood and guts is what makes you a man! Nothing more manly than watching UFC, boxing, or football at a local bar. I'm glad I have friend that like going every now and then. Have you ever been? Atmosphere is ridiculous.

Totally different to watching gay shit like League of Legends.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Have you ever been? Atmosphere is ridiculous.

I've been.

Have you ever been? To a tournament I mean?

I'm not saying it's the same, sports are different from each other, but attitudes like your seem very emotional and surface level to me.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

I've been.

I'm not saying it's the same, sports are different from each other, but attitudes like your seem very emotional and surface level to me.
I wouldn't be caught dead. I remember they were begging people to bath in the Super Smash Brothers tournament according to the news someone posted on here. :lol: eSports or whatever the fuck it's called is some sissy shit, man.

Pentium

Learned
Good times coming to an end. Good fucking bye.

One of my friends/work colleagues buys steam games with lots of achievements purely to increase his achievement ranking.
And how well it works for the bigwigs behind growing fat on it along with all the DLCs, mtx and other shit. Climate in which you're sheeple addicted to buy crap only to have it or even better to make your status dragging your friends on the bandwagon is a capitalist's masterpiece.

Last edited:

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron

How long for Anno 1800?

cretin

Magister
Douchebag!

I've been.

have you ever tried eating shit?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Most effective means of turning me off from piracy of modern games is that they all seem to have 200GB file size. That and they are shit. But if they were 2GB of shit I might pirate to give it a try, but not 200GB.

As you say, there is barely anything worth pirating anymore. If there is some AAA game I feel like playing you can usually just wait for an inevitable sale or bundle.

Most of the stuff I actually want to play I'll pay for anyway.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
And how well it works for the bigwigs behind growing fat on it along with all the DLCs, mtx and other shit. Climax where you're sheeple addicted to buy crap only to have it or even better to make your status dragging your friends on the bandwagon is a capitalist's masterpiece.

He is the perfect consumer. He also buys games on steam just to increase the amount of games he owns.

That said, he has surprisingly good taste when he does actually play games for entertainment and not rankings.

flyingjohn

Arcane
The scene died a couple of years ago when the older dudes gave up because of their own reasons.
There was a influx of script kiddies using steamless which failed hard when denuvo came.
After that you have the ruskies and eastern Europeans to thank for any progress.But then they got bored and got back to cracking adobe shit for money.

Oh and adobe drm is much worse then denuvo.
Daily checks and rootkits embedded into your system,fun times.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom