Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The 'Northern Raiders' better get the ability to throw snowballs!:argh:

Throw yellow snow into enemy mouth - skill.

Stun and horrify your enemy.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Dev Blog #144: Even More Smaller Things
Polishing the ‘Blazing Deserts’ DLC continues as we take a look at another potpourri of smaller additions and quality of life improvements coming with the release on August 13. You can already wishlist the DLC here. Let’s take a look!

Exploration Mode
A new and entirely optional way to play your campaign is with a map that is unexplored in the beginning, save for your immediate surroundings. You’ll have to discover the lay of the land and uncover every settlement yourself, as everything is hidden by thick fog covering the map at the start.

6e96567da77583367541ba28cec12f277d8cbf53.jpg

If you’re into exploration, this could make for an interesting and fresh campaign. It’s only recommended for experienced players that know what they’re doing, however, as exploring the map as you go adds some difficulty to keeping your men alive and well, and contracts may send you to settlements that you’ve never been to and that you have to find first.

Terrain
As you probably know by now, the ‘Blazing Deserts’ DLC adds several new types of terrain. But if you’ve ever wondered from afar what terrain a particular enemy camp sits on, fret no more. The game will now tell you in the tooltip of camps what terrain your men would be fighting on, without having to first engage the camp. That’s even more important as the combination of terrain and fortifications is about to change the dynamic of battles thanks to objects like palisades making it onto combat maps!

1f94ff70803d36a507bbb1fbfbbd2f53a385c13b.jpg

Events
Events are the spice of life, and the ‘Blazing Deserts’ DLC adds plenty of new ones both for your travels south and the interaction between characters. Observe a fire juggler in the city states, discuss astronomy with southern scholars, find cultists of Davkul doing something sinister in the desert, and have your men get sunburn. All events are illustrated with new art like that below.

8577bcac29c5dbb63a65e6a57b6c90ba5120be08.jpg

Achievements
Can’t do a new DLC without new achievements! A total of (currently) 12 new achievements to unlock await the completionists of you, as you can challenge yourself with defeating powerful new opponents, doing trick shots with a Handgonne, winning arena bouts, and more. Can you guess what other achievements there are based on the icons?

ac56361d4ce1ceaf0a2277b51981ab06d08cf954.jpg

Supporter Edition
As with our previous DLCs, we’re again also offering a Supporter Edition for those of you who want to support us above and beyond in working on Battle Brothers. As a thank you, you’ll be given a special player banner that appropriately reflects the wealth, craftsmanship and culture of the south and its people!

caa37303a521d4bf76878442c85dba47e97ed122.jpg

You can wishlist the Blazing Deserts Supporter Edition on here.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
OH YES! Exploration mode is a great addition. Really sets the feeling of being a band of dudes setting out for adventure.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
the fanbase really is autistic lovers of tedium

i hope the next update contains malware that kills the owner of any computer that downloads it

put the sheep out of their misery

Barbarian

Arcane
I hadn't noticed this image in the last dev blog:

blog_header_smaller_3-727x240.jpg

Apparently a minor spoiler of 4 other available "retinue" units(a minstrel and who knows what are the other 3).

Honestly, I'm still not sure I like the way this was handled. The ilustrations feel out of place and would probably look better as the regular ragdolls. Also some of the available backgrounds make more sense as retinue units(historian and minstrel, for instance). The retinue unit on the left certainly looks like a minstrel. Won't it be redundant if you can also have one fighting for you?

Will these retinue units be like nameless inventory items? Or will they have events and etc? Sucks if the former. Specially considering some of them are related to your recruited bros(i.e: the drill sergeant being a bro you retire).

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
the drill sergeant is canonically not a bro that you retire

it's more like recognising the need for a drill sergeant when you start retiring your men

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Gameplay!

http://battlebrothersgame.com/blazing-deserts-preview-part-i/

BLAZING DESERTS PREVIEW, PART I

Welcome to the first part of our preview video series on the upcoming ‘Blazing Deserts’ DLC. To kick things off, Jan will take you on a quick tour through the extended world map, the town screen of the city states, the Gladiators origin and the arena feature.

The ‘Blazing Deserts’ DLC will release on August 13th for the price of $14,99 or your regional equivalent. You can already wishlist it on Steam right here land on GOG here.

vazha

Arcane
This is beautiful. Best thing to come out of Germany this decade.

UPD: Oh dear, the synergy on mace and that deathblow dagger! Yeah baby! yeah!

Last edited:

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
and to think these dinguses refused to provide additional content for a long while smh

ps
1iKFqyR.png

:argh::argh::argh::argh:

vazha

Arcane
Yeah, I m fine with them forever improving this game tbh. There is still so much more to add, this can legitimately end up a game for ages.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
one of the better deepfake videos I have ever seen

imagine if the germs spent all that development money on making the game instead of scamming everyone

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom