Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SMT: Nocturne

Puukko

Arcane
I have Hardtype underway which I aim to beat by the end of the year so I might not feel like playing the HD remaster right away, but who knows.

That Raidou in the end means that this is based on the Maniax version (not that ATLUS has any choice to use Dante to begin with I guess).

Right, it's with Raidou - i didn't watch to the end.

It would be extremely cool if thaty add some stuff from later games like they done it with Persona 1 remake (Raiho!), Soul Hackers on 3D (Raidou, Black Frost) etc.

CyberModuled

Savant
On one hand, happy to see SMT Nocturne finally get some love but given the standard edition is already 5,980 yen, I'm not really sure how to feel about what looks like an up-resed version of a PS2 game being charged for potentially $50-$60 with nothing else to really offer (especially when by in large it's probably one of the easiest emulatable games even with PCSX2 usually sucking as well as Maniax Chronicle already being fan translated).

i would assume PC will come later? Switch and PC is kinda "let's port these games to these 2 consoles later"
Being on Switch/PS4 already at the very least confirms that it's not exclusive to any platform and given how happy ATLUS/SEGA were with P4G's sales, it'll likely happen even if it takes half a year to a year.

Arthandas

Liturgist
Am I stupid or is it just a simple re-release with higher resolution? Definitely doesn't look like a remake or even a remaster.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Judging by the end it looks like the Raidou version instead of Dante. Also looks like a ps4 release too.

http://shin-megamitensei.jp/3hd/
EdYEEBwXkAAAd9h

yes, so SMT is now also multi-platform franchise.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
At 2:05, they included a journalist difficulty mode.

As a DLC. Imagine paying more money so that the game gets easier.
Is not that something that already happens? Pay to win is a thing, after all. Also, it's free DLC in this case.

Ah it is free so it is kinda OK? Why not just put it in the game tho.

The thing with P2W DLC is that the perspective is kinda "Hey look at this shinies you can buy." This one feels like "You kinda suck so here is easy mode for you." Usually, difficulty DLC or update is the one that adds more difficult options rather than the easy one.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Even has Kaneko art (SMT5 trailer).

I AM SO FUCKING PUMPED FOR THIS.

Readher

Savant
I wonder what happened to that girl from the reveal trailer since she's nowhere to be seen in this one.
zySx3cf.png

eLZAArs.png

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Making Journalist mode DLC is the absolute pinnacle of based Nippon programming. Oh you want to beat the game but you are not good enough? We give you the ability but it is literally not part of the game.
If you are that bad at the game you need to download additional DLC that stays out of the game for people who are not shit at video games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom