Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
BUT WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN BY "SUMMON VROCK". JESUS.
Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention the damn vrock. The summoned enemy that would be a reasonable challenge for your party by itself.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Darth Roxor is just disappointed there isn't more lore-related dialogue. :)
In a distant land, long, long ago, there once were two peoples.
Those who had power -
And those who did not.

The Human Psions, Elf Mages, Mantis Gladiators and Half-Giant Fighters ruled with an iron fist over the Half-Salamander Samurai, Hobbit Rogues, Dwarf Monks. There was an order to life, and the order was simple: some are meant to rule, and some are meant to be enslaved, and trod upon.
One day, a party of heroes set out to challenge the status quo...

...and quickly rerolled into a party of 2 Human Psions, 1 Elf Red Wizard, 1 Mantis Gladiator, 1 Half-Giant Fighter and a healing servant to carry their scrolls and loot.

Mortmal

Arcane
Jesus shut the fuck up until you are in Chapter 4 and crying that you used your fucking herbs like a faggot and now don't have any for the fucking cock and ball torture that are the castle fights.
Jasede for the codex review, i think you are just in the right mood to do it.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention the damn vrock. The summoned enemy that would be a reasonable challenge for your party by itself.
At which level am I supposed to face that encounter? I am speechless... and from what everyone is saying it's only going to get worse. Have I missed some other route through the level?

Just dispel him, bro. You got like a 10% chance, ain't that enough for you?
I don't want to try because if I succeed and then that motherfucker just summons another one I might die IRL.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
The more I think about it, the more I am convinced this 'module' was a social experiment.

We few, we silly few, who beat this module, legitimately and without cheating, in its buggy original mess, thought we were hot shit for conquering Pierre's reloading simulator. But in the end, it is us who were the idiots. The sane thing would have been to discard this, to throw this thing into the trash where it belongs. But no. We struggled. We fought. We won.

And having won, all we earned, and all we have to show for it, are scars.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
At which level am I supposed to face that encounter? I am speechless... and from what everyone is saying it's only going to get worse. Have I missed some other route through the level?

Just dispel him, bro. You got like a 10% chance, ain't that enough for you?
I don't want to try because if I succeed and then that motherfucker just summons another one I might die IRL.
I think you're supposed to be level 7 for that encounter.

You can check his arcane slots to see if he's used them all. He only has two level-6 spell slots. He can use Empowered Ice Storm to kill your whole party, and he can summon a vrock, but he can't do either of those things 3 times.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Nah, I think that's one of the hardest battles on chapter two, and no, he doesn't summon another (well, at least he never did that to me).

Should be beatable with a party between levels 5-7, but you gotta use every tool in your arsenal to create chokepoints: web, grease, stinking cloud, psionic wall. Also use slumber and summon elementals to make the enemy waste time.

Tigranes

Arcane
OF COURSE IN THE NEXT ENCOUNTER WHERE EVERYONE IS LEVEL 6-8 THERE'S A 13TH LEVEL CASTER WITH ACCESS TO ALL ARCANE SPELLS AND PSIONIC POWERS AND A GIANT SCORPION THAT'S IMMUNE TO EVERY SINGLE DISABLING SPELL AND A DOZEN ENEMIES WITH 50 HP

OF COURSE
Haha. That'd be easy mode if that's all it was. The caster also has the Metamagic Empowere feat, and he can change the damage type of his spells to whatever he wants (to keep you from getting resistance to it). Then, there are two guys who can use Web spell, and the enemies get a surprise round.
I can live with the surprise round, the rangers with Web and the bows that do AoE damage. I can live with almost all of that bullshit. BUT WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN BY "SUMMON VROCK". JESUS.

Why everyone keeps summoning monsters with more hp than my characters?

The real answer is that our parties are just disposable summons Pierre is casting, while saving his higher spell slots for later

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
In a distant land, long, long ago, there once were two peoples.
Those who had power -
And those who did not.

The Human Psions, Elf Mages, Mantis Gladiators and Half-Giant Fighters ruled with an iron fist over the Half-Salamander Samurai, Hobbit Rogues, Dwarf Monks. There was an order to life, and the order was simple: some are meant to rule, and some are meant to be enslaved, and trod upon.
One day, a party of heroes set out to challenge the status quo...

...and quickly rerolled into a party of 2 Human Psions, 1 Elf Red Wizard, 1 Mantis Gladiator, 1 Half-Giant Fighter and a healing servant to carry their scrolls and loot.

You left out the kobolds goddamnit.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron

Nope, enjoy. Hit the vrock with the magebane. I did it at level 6.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron

Nope, enjoy. Hit the vrock with the magebane. I did it at level 6.
I couldn't do it at level 6, so I sold a bunch of shit, leveled the entire party to 7 and it was an entire different story. Blocking each corridor with an electricity wall makes the goblins act like crazy imbeciles: sometimes they waste their turn readying, sometimes they just walk inside the wall taking damage, then after a while they decide to cast protection from energy on themselves, but it's too late. I summoned a large elemental at the end of each walled corridor and they were able to take care of the goblins coming out one by one. A stinking cloud in the bottom room disabled the insufferable caster and then I just started blasting that room with the Druid, the Wizard and the kobold companion.

I reloaded to see if it's a reliable strategy and everything went in the same way for a second time. However, the gay-ass caster never summoned his beloved vrock and, honestly, I don't know how I would deal with that.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
I just killed the two babau and the bug at the end of the tomb and thought 'huh this was surprisingly reasonable, I wonder why some people were raging about this so much'

and then

then i encountered the salamander and the fire lolemental with just two dudes to control

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, I'm out of this game :lol:

It's not that hard:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5xtqge23vuiy82d/Easy fire cave.mp4?dl=0
^

"Just reload until all 4 melee attacks hit in a row, until both your characters win initiative, until the caster does not open the battle with fireball and until the big enemy fails a saving throw that he is likely to make seven out of ten times."
"It's not that hard. :smug:"

What's wrong with you, Darth Roxor? Afraid of reloading more often, like a truly skilled player? Be a man and reload until all the dice rolls work out in your favor to demonstrate what a badass you are.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
I just killed the two babau and the bug at the end of the tomb and thought 'huh this was surprisingly reasonable, I wonder why some people were raging about this so much'

and then

then i encountered the salamander and the fire lolemental with just two dudes to control

It's not that hard:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5xtqge23vuiy82d/Easy fire cave.mp4?dl=0
^

"Just reload until all 4 melee attacks hit in a row, until both your characters win initiative, until the caster does not open the battle with fireball and until the big enemy fails a saving throw that he is likely to make seven out of ten times."
"It's not that hard. :smug:"

What's wrong with you, Darth Roxor? Afraid of reloading more often, like a truly skilled player? Be a man and reload until all the dice rolls work out in your favor to demonstrate what a badass you are.
Well, patience IS a virtue...

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
I think we already established you won't get anywhere without reloading, especially on initiative in a lot of the fights, if you can't accept that and you think you can do ironman and somehow finish without reloading then you are delusional. When people give up it's usually because they think an encounter is impossible and that the developer clearly haven't even passed it himself. "I Want to see a video of him do it!", Well here is one way.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Your way, and all our ways to beat this cursed module, is the same as if you were fighting a boss and had a 5% instakill spell and reloaded until the spell takes. No strategy, no resource management, no intelligence, just sheer brute force. Reload often enough and everything is possible.

Garbage.

Darth Canoli

Arcane

and then

I Sent the fighter and the Cleric, not only they were not fatigued, they cleaned the fire snakes and the Salamander and his elemental pet in no time, slienced the area with the cleric first, then the fighter tripped the Salamander, then called my friend Octopussy and it was over.

The Djinn though, you're supposed to be able to take a break but when you pick the "see you later dude" option, the dialog restarts (well, you have half a second to save).
So, deep slumber had interesting chances to land but of course it failed, he threw an acid wall or something (except 2 squares wide) and finished the psionicist with scorching ray ...

But we surrounded him, tripped him and Octopussy saves the day again, well seconded by Sadlark the Salamander Fighter while Ghorghor Bey, the Half-Giant Death Knight was disarmed and took a huge punch while rearming himself (30 dmg or something).

The hardest part was the Babaus, funny, the psionic bug didn't spawn yesterday.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
The game could really use more campfires or a new rule adding max uses for new spells circles on level up like psionicist get their additional PP when leveling up.

I can't find the post with all the Djinn rewards, not sure who posted it either, was that Rpguy ?
Well, i guess i'm taking the gold...

Edit : I picked the mage's robe, Magika, +20HP -10 damage reduction +2 INT & WIS and +4 concentration checks, very nice one.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
All of those items are quickly outclassed, take the cash. If you want a robe get the robe of the archmage from Maphistor, it will see you to the end of the game.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Why do I have the feeling that everyone insists on passing a strength check to free Erzimon as the only solution available? My party had the option to melt the lock using the wizard's fire abilities.

benzine

Novice
LOL MY WEAKASS WIZ PARTY IS NOT STRONG ENOUGH TO FREE ERZIMON FROM HIS CAGE

ROFL
Did none of your wizard take enhanced ability?

Another thing for the module and script to add is available spell and spell slot, so casters that can cast enhanced ability can worth some shit outside of combat, being casters

benzine

Novice
Why do I have the feeling that everyone insists on passing a strength check to free Erzimon as the only solution available? My party had the option to melt the lock using the wizard's fire abilities.

Buying food/water and wine is also available.
But that cost money, and you won't be able to level-up after

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom