Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Translations of wapanese games

index.php

Arcane
The Metal Max 3 translation looks like it's close to finished
It's out: https://metaldreamers.redhook.duckdns.org/metal-max-3-english-translation/

Release: Metal Max 3
After 5 years and thousands of hours of work, Metal Dreamers is proud to present a complete, and fully playable English translation of Crea-Tech's Metal Max 3 for the Nintendo DS.

The original Metal Max 3 trailer with English subtitles

The Metal Max series is a long-running but little-known JRPG series, at least in the west. They combine traditional JRPG gameplay with the free-form progression typical of CRPGs. The games are basically open-world, with not too much in the way of story most of the time, instead focusing on entertaining NPC dialogue and side quests, an interesting world to explore, and TANKS. Lots and lots of tanks, which you can freely customize.

You start the game dead and are soon revived by a mad scientist, but you have no memory of how you died or who you are. Soon, you meet a girl about to be shipped off to an arranged marriage that she doesn't want. The story unfolds as you try to find out who you were, why you died, and how your fate is intertwined with that girl's. We hope you enjoy this wacky post-apocalypse!

v1.0 Download

flyingjohn

Arcane
Kami no Rhapsody has been translated to English by Rhapsody Translation. From Eushully, the makers of Kamidori Alchemy Meister.

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/...-by-rhapsody-translation-full-patch-released/

The full patch has been released. However, there are still some minor texts that I couldn't find, so they're still untranslated. With that said, they're just some minor texts and won't impact your experience with the game.

Do note that our patch does not include any of the game updates, so you'll have to update them separately. All of the game's updates and appends are translated in our patch though.

Link to the patch: https://mega.nz/#F!MstRHI6S!bQVaRTSLnwQPNjYuCJKfpw

Now people can enjoy the disappointment that this game was for eushully fans.

And the next project is the game made utterly pointless with level scaling.Why can't anybody translate castle meister or the battle goddess series?

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
I'm not sure yet myself, but this video claims it's actually a graphical port of the original Rogue. That actually makes me more interested than I was, if it's accurate.

If you're looking for a game close to Rogue, play it, yes, it's very close.

There are 4 dungeons, with a increasing number of floors, finishing one unlocks the next (you will restart at level 1, etc..., it's just you don't need to redo the previous dungeons when you die), including a post-credit one (I have not completed this one, I died on floor 36, I don't know how many floors there are but I think it's finite because there's a ??? item entry in the item list). Don't overinterpret this part, I know this is not Rogue, but there are basically two small, easy dungeons, the main game, and some extra difficulty for players who want it.

I think you can buy some extra starting equipment with the gold accumulated over both failed and successful runs, I did not because I'm not a coward and also because this part is not well translated. Let's get it clear, the translation is not very good but it's not bad enough that you'll have any problem playing the game, there's one scroll I'm not certain the translation tells what it does and there's a chance it's just me not using it well, while anything else is slightly broken text like when you disable the attack of a monster the text is not what it should be, that kind of things, really nothing serious unless you really care about translation quality.

I don't think there's a save & quit option, maybe I did not search enough, it's pretty weak even by console standards.

The maps are small, and the field of view is mall.

For the rest it's a lot like Rogue, here are some of the features :

You need to go down, take an item, and walk back. A new floor is created when descending and when ascending, which means the first floors after taking the item are very much a threat, the game is not finished yet.

Your equipment is composed of an armor, a melee weapon, arrows and two rings. Equipped rings increase food consumption.

You gain levels, and I'm not certain they increase other things that hit points (I assume they do increase damages, but I don't know).

In the details too it's obvious it's a direct Rogue port, for example snakes (not the first ones you encounter, the poisonous ones) would lower your strength. Game is about identifying (by using or by identifying) and using your consumables. You can raise and protect your current armor, and raise your current weapon's strength.

No bullshit. Each monster type is unique. Wand, scrolls, potions too. There are + and - possible on weapons, armors and some rings but that's all. This is why the game is a good one to me. No trash mobs + occassional champion or that sort of things, just unique enemies providing their own threat.

I think all the basic weapons are basically the same.

There are some, not very important, elemental types, there are some occasionnal fire or ice weapons which deal more or less damages on different monsters.

There's no trap, and I think there's no hidden passage.

Experience gained as well as needed are a bit exponential, although' you want to explore the floors anyway for the items, not for the experience.

The game is fair, you can pretty much recover from a new discovered enemy's ability. The learning curve is still there, the balance is right in that part.

So, yes it's very much like Rogue, the game hase none of the qualities nor the flaws of those crazy japanese rogue-likes like The Guided Fate Paradox. I think I prefer Rogue Hearts Dungeon, and it's very fun anyway. Now I also think Brogue is a better game which keeps the qualities of Rogue and that Rogue Hearts Dungeon does not have, but in case you want a more focused game (no traps, in particular, no upgrade, just cool resource consumption) then it's a very good choice. Note that the game is not very easy but it is on the easy side by rogue-like standard, or at least if we consider the main dungeon (not the post-credit one). It's definitely a good entry to the genre.

DAUM ! Which game is that ?

Why it hasn't been translated ?!

:outrage:

So, it appears this is Tokyo Twilight Busters. A 1995 horror adventure RPG for the PC98. It got a shitty port in the DS in 2010. Neither of them have been translated. The PC98 version looks amazing.

This shit needs to be translated.

Where is Helly ?

:necro:

This [pronounsinTwitterbio] person is apparently putting a translation for the PC-98 version together. I'd really like to play this game.

EFBcVxbXsAAYkKa

EFBcVxZXkAEzfF6

Viata

Arcane
someone affiliated with HG101 is a lead translator for the Saturn remake of Lunar Magical School (which Tom translated for the Game Gear) and bragged during the GG3 controversy that he's a better translator than Tom because how he'll censor the hell of the game. Kindly remember not to support such fine individuals.
Daily reminder to learn Japanese if you don't want to get shit fan-translation.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
This [pronounsinTwitterbio] person is apparently putting a translation for the PC-98 version together. I'd really like to play this game.
You know, maybe this'll be a good translation. After all, wasn't Policenauts a good translation? Genuinely asking, I haven't touched it yet. And that was translated by people who used to be on Something Awful. And if he isn't the type to care, well, he'll probably burn out. I understand that PC-98 games are hard to translate, at least, I don't think there are any guides on the subject. If I'm wrong, do correct me.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
translation for the PC98 version of Master of Monsters and it's map expansion disk

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Clock Tower Deluxe

a patch that adds mouse support as well as new content from the PlayStation port to the SNES original. There are also lots of improvements like bugfixes and the ability to run through stairs, speed up the credits along with faster health regeneration.

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/5397/

I wish somebody added mouse support to SNES Shadowrun though

Last edited:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I wish somebody added mouse support to SNES Shadowrun though

I have not tested this at all, but this guy apparently made a script for Snes9x-rr (has to be the -rr version) that allows use of the mouse.

Oh man, thanks so much, that's exactly what I wanted

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom