Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Someone else has also complained on the steam forums about the graphic issue.
Someone named Oberon has offered the solution: ( confirmed to work for me)

Right-click on Grimoire exe (the application file)
Select Properties
Select Compatibility tab
Bottom three boxes should be unchecked
Click on Change high DPI settings
Check Override high DPI scaling behavior
Click Okay and then click Apply and reopen the game.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Update: The above solution is for windows 10, if you have windows 7, this might work for you:

When i force GPU scaling (nvidia, aspect ratio) and choose 1366*768*32 then i get a full screen. So that good. Now i can see and read enough again. Strange....
But 1980*1080*32 (and 1600*900*32) delivers (again with nvidia GPU scaling) a low res full screen. Without nvidia gpu scaling (scale to fit ingame) massive black borders.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Maybe somebody should tag Cleveland Mark Blakemore to make him aware of the problem.

Oh he is quite aware, he replied to it 3 hours ago: ( before the complainer found the solution )

Originally posted by leprajoe:
fullscreen is broken since this update. i have a small centered window. fit to scale delivers a low res result. was fine before
Any solution here? One solution works only in win 10.
Game is basicly unplayable on older windows versions.

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 3 hours ago
I honestly don't know. I have to wonder if the problem is your config/hardware. Almost nobody reports unplayable, just some people do not have an ideal resolution. Have you tried changing your resolution through the config menu?

ManaJunkie

Arbiter
Someone else has also complained on the steam forums about the graphic issue.
Someone named Oberon has offered the solution: ( confirmed to work for me)

Right-click on Grimoire exe (the application file)
Select Properties
Select Compatibility tab
Bottom three boxes should be unchecked
Click on Change high DPI settings
Check Override high DPI scaling behavior
Click Okay and then click Apply and reopen the game.

Works for me. Win 10 notebook.

I check the other one on my win7 desktop.

index.php

Arcane
Congrats Cleveland Mark Blakemore !

I5T5eyF.png

:ibelieveincleve:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Grimoire was rated as "mixed" at 69% for a long time, mostly due to all the "friends" Cleve made over the years. Now it climbed to 70% and "mostly positive".

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Ahh damn that is one pathetic tale, sorry I asked. He should just not interact with the public at all, the public are scum.

Cael

Arcane
Reviews are so bad if people can bomb them.
Welcome to every review site on the planet. And yes, businesses have been forced to close because sjw cunts got wind of a complaint (usually stupid, spurious and petty) and pack raped the review site to the ground.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Amazon at least lets you see who has bought the product. I saw a review yesterday for a local company which gave it 0 stars and the guy who gave 0 stars is a competitor you can easily find by clicking the name on the review. Although even Amazon is full of fakes too so they are all kinda worthless.

index.php

Arcane

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
"Custom Portraits" bull-shots button for years...

Now it's an "Experiment"?

They're not coming out

Zep--

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom