Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
gaem too hard, numbers make head hurt

Not that simple though is it. Roxor has made perfectly valid points throughout this thread.

Most of the difficult combat encounters boil down to reload until you get perfect initiative, reload until the enemy fails saves against whatever save or suck or save or die spell you're trying to do (or combat maneuver to insta kill the toughest enemy).

I thought the Codex considered savescumming popamole?

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Game needs some serious balancing, and adding of point buy mechanic in char gen.

Aim still playing my lol 6 wiz party mostly because i got nothing else to play

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
The frustrating thing is that the game is actually close to being very good.

Then all you guys need to do is provide good feedback to Pierre, and he will make the necessary changes.
We're talking about having an entirely different mindset, not some small balinse changes. If this module is Pierre's vision of Kotc2 then I'd rather have him stop working on new modules and just focus on the editor. But what autist artiste has ever done the sensible thing?

Mortmal

Arcane
Is the grey goblin elder supposed to offer infinite rests? I went back to him after every encounter and he keeps giving me a rest every time.
Till you start chapter 3, then the passage collapse.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Is the grey goblin elder supposed to offer infinite rests? I went back to him after every encounter and he keeps giving me a rest every time.
Till you start chapter 3, then the passage collapse.
So, let me get this straight, if I want to take out the crones-witches-medusa-whatever the fuck they are, I have to deal with them during chapter 2, before the insane fight after the stairs?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
No, you can come back. The passage collapses where you fought the Goblin King, so the crones are still accessible.
For the "best" result (to save you reloading and redoing this in the future) I recommend that you take their scrolls ("magic knowledge") and then kill them sometime in Chapter 3, without ever giving them the Tome.

This will unlock a demon fighter companion fighting for you in Chapter 4, as well as an extra reward, that you have no way to know about at this point.

Nryn

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So, let me get this straight, if I want to take out the crones-witches-medusa-whatever the fuck they are, I have to deal with them during chapter 2, before the insane fight after the stairs?
Crones became inaccessible to me after Chapter 4 began. When you are about to take the exit out of Chapter 3, the game requires you to confirm your intent to push onward to the castle. You can pick a fight with the crones until then.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
No, you can come back. The passage collapses where you fought the Goblin King, so the crones are still accessible.
For the "best" result (to save you reloading and redoing this in the future) I recommend that you take their scrolls ("magic knowledge") and then kill them sometime in Chapter 3, without ever giving them the Tome.

This will unlock a demon fighter companion fighting for you in Chapter 4, as well as an extra reward, that you have no way to know about at this point.
An honest question: if you can't access the grey goblin merchants later, what's the point of all the overpriced items they sell?

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet

An honest question: if you can't access the grey goblin merchants later, what's the point of all the overpriced items they sell?
So you keep being poor and underleveled

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture

If you do not spend a single penny and bank your XP and do not level up and sell most of the weapons you find, you can buy the SR 28 cloak which is a good investment.

That is about it.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Hm, did some reading on the official site.

It seems a int 20 human wizard with cat familiar can replace elven one for searching for hidden doors and compartments. Thats huge, due to 2 extra feats on lvl 1. Will check this evening ingame

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet

If you do not spend a single penny and bank your XP and do not level up and sell most of the weapons you find, you can buy the SR 28 cloak which is a good investment.

That is about it.

Archmage/psion helmet is also a good investment

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
What makes red wizards so much better than disabling wizards? I'm used to Conjurers/Enchanters being preferred in normal 3.5 due to their ability to disable encounters and mobs having too much hp for nukes to be effective.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Bad idea, you'll be cheating yourself out of a very good piece of loot and more experience if you don't give them the tome. You can get it back later.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Clearing the room on 1st round after reloading for initiative
I can't imagine doing that without using at least 4-8 very high level scrolls taken from the crones. Frankly, encounters like this one are the worst in the entire game: you have to face an unrealistic amount of very strong enemies and you can succeed only using scrolls of spells that you still don't have access to (like Confusion and Deep Slumber in chapter 1). What's the fucking point?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron

Bad idea, you'll be cheating yourself out of a very good piece of loot and more experience if you don't give them the tome. You can get it back later.
Yeah but you don't get the fucking Vrock fighting for you in chapter 4 AND his item reward if you don't kill them. It's not a bad idea at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom