Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children - isometric tactical Korean SRPG

Suicidal

Arcane
I'm past the White Tigers.
You are never really past them.

Yeah I assumed that after a big story mission where you kill all of them and then the next few missions being against some new gang that I was done with them for good but they were back on the next mission after I said that.

Luka-boy

Arcane
These dudes :salute:

ec8c4b64725e9ced3391953f80bf6790426851fa.jpg

Greetings, this is the Troubleshooter development team.

We understand that many of you are undergoing a hard time due to numerous natural disasters and COVID-19. How are you all fairing?

Thanks to your help and support, the development team has been working on game development.

The financial predicament, which many people concerned about, will pose no problems until the end of the year thanks to regular and summer sales.

We are grateful for all your support. We understand that our game has many flaws. The development team will do its best to compensate for all the love and support you gave.

The following list is the first interim report of what we promised.

932084d87ccf5de203bc23ac5c965ab40f2c353c.jpg

Additional Scenario
We planned to update the additional scenario content, for which many of you requested and anticipated, by the end of the third quarter. However, our team is simultaneously developing existing content and additional content. The speed of development is not as fast as we expected.

This scenario will add one chapter (8 scenario missions) to the game after the ending. We are planning to release it by the end of September.

We thought of releasing the missions one by one, instead of the whole chapter at once. However, we understand that this might give new users the impression that the game is incomplete, and thus we currently have no plan to release the game in such fashion.

However, the schedule and update method can change at any moment. Feel free to suggest your thoughts; we will contemplate your requests.

Partial controller support
We received a lot of requests regarding the controller. The development team understands its dire need. However, implementing controller demands lots of requirements such as new UI, conveniences, etc.

We have not had experience with controllers, and thus we are undergoing a lot of trials and errors.

We are going to do our best to improve your experience with the controller in our game.

Online Community
We have set the extension in online function as a long term goal. Our primary goal is to complete making the online community. Once we stabilize the game content, we are going to develop expansive content.

Many contents are delayed due to our lack of capability. We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience it caused.

Continous Feedback Reflection
The development team is grateful for your feedback.

The members of the dev team are contemplating to reflect your feedback to satisfy all of the gamers.

However, during this process, we understand that you can be frustrated by the dev team's slow feedback and persistence. Furthermore, some of our decision could have let you down.

The inconveniences are due to our lack of capability. Hence, we are trying to find a better way to resolve and reflect your feedback.

Looking back into our days in development, we can feel that Dandylion is still nothing but a small and incapable development team.

However, to repay for your support and love, we will grow to be a better team to provide you with better game content.

Thank you for your supports despite slow updates.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We beg to inform you that game server maintenance and update details.

• During the maintenance, all servers will be unavailable.
  • Please finish the missions completely before server shutdown.
  • Update Detail will be release after maintenance is started.

Maintenance Schedule
  • Daylight saving time is not applied.
  • Date: June 17, 2020
  • Friday 15:00 ~ 17:00 CET
  • Friday 23:00 ~ 01:00 JST
  • Friday 06:00 ~ 08:00 PST
  • Friday 14:00 ~ 16:00 UTC

Update Details:
  • Added mastery sets.
    cb69cc431698151467316998f9908039df33074c.png

80b7d4b301da2c1657f9418575f85033ba8cd80e.png

• Added [ Simplify unit status window ].
  • Added a description about additional damages of [ ESP ] stat to its tooltip.
  • Added [ Beat Retrain ].
    - This allows beasts that satisfied the condition to set again Growth masteries except Genetics type masteries.
    - You can find this on the bottom right Beasts information UI.

• Changed some Beast Growth masteries.
    46b460b8dddc7618a2d65f83a7c7d00086d85c37.png

d4a0fae6d312d92913bffdc72b65d037a2f21242.png

ac30adf3575379cf78e85885149ac1fc99bb9776.png

3d02ab9751425d5d45f98a2d0bd39d8023d0137c.png

fdf5abcdf27ca9bc4228c7f845b44ccaba9631c7.png

6a9c37435f575cc1b660d7f9f83d137ee7f5ad6f.png

ea575500c40afc7e742ac7b6d286ea2c8b103ce9.png

fad833a519bae29f472d1f8a37061923e0c7344d.png

468d6cafd3958129cfed1f1524c2aab5412e9b4f.png

• Cover information of the enemies has changed to be updated based on the location expected your unit move to while you are in [ Combat Preview ] mode.
  • You can close the NPC dialogue mode by right click when there the dialogue ends.
  • Mastery information in the character scout mode has been changed to show itself on the tooltip.
  • In the [ Mastery Set ], ☆ mark has been added to the mastery that the unit currently equips.
  • In the [ Mastery Set ], the search result has changed to include the sub masteries that is part of mastery set.
  • [ Yasha eggs ] has changed to not to be affected by [ Sacrifice ] mastery.
  • Some negative stats has been deleted in the [ Company Report ].
  • Changed type of [ Invisible Sword ] mastery from [ Attack ] to [ Basic ].
  • Changed level, class, masteries, and drop item of [ Oliver ], [Pink Horn], [ Caohong ], [ Hasan ] and [ Nevile ].

• Changed the effect area of [ Spiderweb Widening ] from 8 ways to 4 ways(East, West, South and North).
  • Limited activation count of [ Golden Feather ] up to 3 times per mission.
  • Changed effect of [ Multi Processing ] to reduces action time by 2 per 2 protocols.
  • Changed effect of [ Administrator Authority ] to 'reduces buff duration by 1 when uses protocol abilities'.
  • Changed effect of [ Magic Backflow ].
    - Take damage equal to 50% of your maximum Vigor at the start of every turn
    - Decreases your Vigor Recovery by 10
  • Fixed a bug that [ The wanderer of the battlefield ] was activated abnormally.
  • Fixed a bug that [ Archwitch ] was activated abnormally.
  • Fixed a bug that [ Applicable Knowledge ] was activated abnormally.
  • Fixed a bug that options that are related to the action speed were turned off in a specific situation.
  • Fixed a bug that NPC clicking sound was included to the Effect Sound.
  • Fixed typos.

Thank you very much.

Suicidal

Arcane
In a parallel universe devs like this enjoy positions at top gaming companies and have limitless budgets and manpower to make their dream masterpieces to the delight of legions of grateful fans while mobile shitware peddlers like EA, Blizzard and Ubisoft have to scrape by using the Unity asset store.

Iron Balls McGinty

In a parallel universe devs like this enjoy positions at top gaming companies and have limitless budgets and manpower to make their dream masterpieces to the delight of legions of grateful fans while mobile shitware peddlers like EA, Blizzard and Ubisoft have to scrape by using the Unity asset store.

Truth.

These guys even respond to reviews on steam, if I was a woman I'd shag them and have their babies.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
These dudes :salute:

ec8c4b64725e9ced3391953f80bf6790426851fa.jpg

Greetings, this is the Troubleshooter development team.

We understand that many of you are undergoing a hard time due to numerous natural disasters and COVID-19. How are you all fairing?

Thanks to your help and support, the development team has been working on game development.

The financial predicament, which many people concerned about, will pose no problems until the end of the year thanks to regular and summer sales.

We are grateful for all your support. We understand that our game has many flaws. The development team will do its best to compensate for all the love and support you gave.

The following list is the first interim report of what we promised.

932084d87ccf5de203bc23ac5c965ab40f2c353c.jpg

Additional Scenario
We planned to update the additional scenario content, for which many of you requested and anticipated, by the end of the third quarter. However, our team is simultaneously developing existing content and additional content. The speed of development is not as fast as we expected.

This scenario will add one chapter (8 scenario missions) to the game after the ending. We are planning to release it by the end of September.

We thought of releasing the missions one by one, instead of the whole chapter at once. However, we understand that this might give new users the impression that the game is incomplete, and thus we currently have no plan to release the game in such fashion.

However, the schedule and update method can change at any moment. Feel free to suggest your thoughts; we will contemplate your requests.

Partial controller support
We received a lot of requests regarding the controller. The development team understands its dire need. However, implementing controller demands lots of requirements such as new UI, conveniences, etc.

We have not had experience with controllers, and thus we are undergoing a lot of trials and errors.

We are going to do our best to improve your experience with the controller in our game.

Online Community
We have set the extension in online function as a long term goal. Our primary goal is to complete making the online community. Once we stabilize the game content, we are going to develop expansive content.

Many contents are delayed due to our lack of capability. We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience it caused.

Continous Feedback Reflection
The development team is grateful for your feedback.

The members of the dev team are contemplating to reflect your feedback to satisfy all of the gamers.

However, during this process, we understand that you can be frustrated by the dev team's slow feedback and persistence. Furthermore, some of our decision could have let you down.

The inconveniences are due to our lack of capability. Hence, we are trying to find a better way to resolve and reflect your feedback.

Looking back into our days in development, we can feel that Dandylion is still nothing but a small and incapable development team.

However, to repay for your support and love, we will grow to be a better team to provide you with better game content.

Thank you for your supports despite slow updates.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We beg to inform you that game server maintenance and update details.

• During the maintenance, all servers will be unavailable.
  • Please finish the missions completely before server shutdown.
  • Update Detail will be release after maintenance is started.

Maintenance Schedule
  • Daylight saving time is not applied.
  • Date: June 17, 2020
  • Friday 15:00 ~ 17:00 CET
  • Friday 23:00 ~ 01:00 JST
  • Friday 06:00 ~ 08:00 PST
  • Friday 14:00 ~ 16:00 UTC

Update Details:
  • Added mastery sets.
    cb69cc431698151467316998f9908039df33074c.png

80b7d4b301da2c1657f9418575f85033ba8cd80e.png

• Added [ Simplify unit status window ].
  • Added a description about additional damages of [ ESP ] stat to its tooltip.
  • Added [ Beat Retrain ].
    - This allows beasts that satisfied the condition to set again Growth masteries except Genetics type masteries.
    - You can find this on the bottom right Beasts information UI.

• Changed some Beast Growth masteries.
    46b460b8dddc7618a2d65f83a7c7d00086d85c37.png

d4a0fae6d312d92913bffdc72b65d037a2f21242.png

ac30adf3575379cf78e85885149ac1fc99bb9776.png

3d02ab9751425d5d45f98a2d0bd39d8023d0137c.png

fdf5abcdf27ca9bc4228c7f845b44ccaba9631c7.png

6a9c37435f575cc1b660d7f9f83d137ee7f5ad6f.png

ea575500c40afc7e742ac7b6d286ea2c8b103ce9.png

fad833a519bae29f472d1f8a37061923e0c7344d.png

468d6cafd3958129cfed1f1524c2aab5412e9b4f.png

• Cover information of the enemies has changed to be updated based on the location expected your unit move to while you are in [ Combat Preview ] mode.
  • You can close the NPC dialogue mode by right click when there the dialogue ends.
  • Mastery information in the character scout mode has been changed to show itself on the tooltip.
  • In the [ Mastery Set ], ☆ mark has been added to the mastery that the unit currently equips.
  • In the [ Mastery Set ], the search result has changed to include the sub masteries that is part of mastery set.
  • [ Yasha eggs ] has changed to not to be affected by [ Sacrifice ] mastery.
  • Some negative stats has been deleted in the [ Company Report ].
  • Changed type of [ Invisible Sword ] mastery from [ Attack ] to [ Basic ].
  • Changed level, class, masteries, and drop item of [ Oliver ], [Pink Horn], [ Caohong ], [ Hasan ] and [ Nevile ].

• Changed the effect area of [ Spiderweb Widening ] from 8 ways to 4 ways(East, West, South and North).
  • Limited activation count of [ Golden Feather ] up to 3 times per mission.
  • Changed effect of [ Multi Processing ] to reduces action time by 2 per 2 protocols.
  • Changed effect of [ Administrator Authority ] to 'reduces buff duration by 1 when uses protocol abilities'.
  • Changed effect of [ Magic Backflow ].
    - Take damage equal to 50% of your maximum Vigor at the start of every turn
    - Decreases your Vigor Recovery by 10
  • Fixed a bug that [ The wanderer of the battlefield ] was activated abnormally.
  • Fixed a bug that [ Archwitch ] was activated abnormally.
  • Fixed a bug that [ Applicable Knowledge ] was activated abnormally.
  • Fixed a bug that options that are related to the action speed were turned off in a specific situation.
  • Fixed a bug that NPC clicking sound was included to the Effect Sound.
  • Fixed typos.

Thank you very much.
Sounds like a solid update, and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

I wish they'd just drop the whole pseudo-MMO aspect of the game, though. The game is solid as it is and I can't see how online-only aspects add to it, only detract.

Last edited:

Visperas

Augur
So, this has happened twice now. I'm doing side missions to get materials I need for request. In a harbor mission, I was supposed to harvest drone parts but I didn't get them all, so I thought I was unlucky with my loot drops and I'll get the parts from the next mission with drones. But then, I have a mission in that rocky area with the river, a lot of elemental rocks and 7 monster bosses and I need to grab several materials, including perfect obsidian. I got nothing. I had 4 or 5 request for that mission, a beast bone and perfect obsidians and I got absolutely nothing. That can't be loot drop luck, can't it? I'm thinking the request tracker is wrong and I can't get those materials in that side mission but I don't know. Any insight on that? It sucks because I don't want to repeat side missions and they keep forcing me to because I want to do the requests.

Suicidal

Arcane
Perfect obsidians seem to have a very low drop rate, you can craft them from regular ones which drop much more often to complete the quests.

jac8awol

Arbiter
I'm getting raped so badly on that frozen lake in the park, the first time the robots really show up. It's glorious!

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I've been playing very little in the past few days, in the hopes that the patch will find its way out, as I think I've just reached the point where I might be able to recruit beasts and whatnot. I must say that I'm a bit disappointed that Giselle has "Hunter" instead of "Ranger", as I was expecting there to be some overlap, especially since it would fit her. Poison Shot would be a lot more interesting for her than for Heixing. I literally cannot equip Heixing with it without filling the entire fucking battlefield with 3 to 5 "rounds" of poisonous gas, which is absolutely crippling for my melee combatants.

I'm going to try to adjust my tactics, because I really kind of want to have Heixing with it. Bleeding and Poison is a murderous combo. Still, though, for the first time, I really wish there was a way to turn off a Mastery Set. Poisoning otherwise unharmed enemies also prevents the benefits of One Shot One Kill or w/e it is called. The poison shot mastery set is cancer.

Anyway, I've just started dipping over level 30, with Albus at lvl 34, Giselle 31, and everyone else 33, iirc, and you can really feel the game hit a wall at lvl 30+, in terms of difficulty. Most things have been a breeze for the past 15-or-so levels, at least, bar the occasional snafu, but now when going back to old missions on Challenge Mode, even with the bigger squad, many of the missions are suddenly way harder.

I've been holding out not making Irene into a Forestallment/Counterattack clone of my ridiculously effective Albus setup, but I'm not sure if I can excuse that any longer. She's simply too slow and thus have too few attacks as a fire/tank setup, it seems. Meanwhile Albus dodges all day and can take out teams of 4 with good positioning.

Edit: Why the fuck is this thread in the JRPG section, anyway?

Edit 2: I forgot that Toad Skin is a thing, and Irene's Cauterize kicks in before she takes damage. My melee combatants are now largely immune to poison and all is well in the world.

Last edited:

Lhynn

Arcane
Mostly because i dont want this thread tainted with people asking for it to be moved to jrpg. They arent going to bother trying it anyway. and anyone that does wont mind.

I made heixing into my trash taker, he basically kills everyone that isnt a tank in the vicinity, and is fast enough to act often. Irene has the counter get up, because thats what you want your melees to do, counter. Learn to use smoke grenades, police officers are great for that, the more you advance in the game the more important this becomes.

As for poison? Yeah, you can easily protect yourself from it. but i didnt really like heixing using it, i want him killing, not debilitating.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
As for poison? Yeah, you can easily protect yourself from it. but i didnt really like heixing using it, i want him killing, not debilitating.
It's actually really effective. Poison shaves off 20% of total HP at the start of someone's round, down to 1 HP, but it kicks in before bleeding, so if someone is both bleeding and poisoned, they'll first take poison damage, then take bleeding damage, and they'll often keel over. I've found that Heixing (so far, at least) is still perfectly able to take out the weaker trash, although I'm sure that'll slowly change, as I'm finding more stuff now that makes Sweeper feel like a good class.

Ranger makes him completely immune to most (all?) environmental effects, though, and I'm loving that. With Albus, Irene, and Heixing all immune to the poison in various ways, the clouds are now only a minor nuisance, 9 times out of 10, but I still wish I could turn them off, because just yesterday I got a bit fucked up by the fact that the enemies bum-rushed the exit on a map, and Heixing couldn't do anything because it'd meant gassing the entire police crew and most of the squad.

On the flipside, the entire area *around* the exit was covered in poisonous gas and acid gas, which was funny.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I wanted to pick this up but the overall plot and theme of the game really puts me off.

Can't argue about style. Either you like/don't mind it, or not.

But the plot is actually more complex and interesting, with flashbacks, different characters perspectives and several story-lines intertwined together, instead of your basic "there are aliens, it's them or us now!".

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I wanted to pick this up but the overall plot and theme of the game really puts me off.
Pick it up anyway and it will grow on you, I swear. It doesn't get better, per see, but you'll develop a stockholm syndrome kind of thing I guess, or something. It becomes endearing more than anything else.

I swear to the gods.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
I'll buy it tonight.

It's not like I haven't bought an AAA game at launch at full price and never played it past 10 minutes before anyway.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Pick it up anyway and it will grow on you, I swear. It doesn't get better, per see, but you'll develop a stockholm syndrome kind of thing I guess, or something. It becomes endearing more than anything else.

I swear to the gods.
1485272591-20170124.png
I mean, yeah, maybe, but more to the point, the game is good enough to make you forget the awful writing and the shit translation and the initially meh story. Because it's a great game, those things instead grow on you, and become endearing. This is fairly impressive, considering that there are many other games where such things makes me want to shoot myself, still, years later.

Suicidal

Arcane
I finished the game (got the ending and credits) but there are still like 70 unknown enemies in my bestiary. Are these only found in side missions, does anyone know?

Really enjoyed it overall. There seem to be a lot of unresolved plot threads at the end of the game and since they're calling this "season 1" I assume the devs are planning a sequel (or a story DLC). I'd be down for that.

Only thing that's stopping this game from being a 10/10 GOATSE is the fact that you can't make custom characters. Even though the customization options for your chars are really extensive you still can't change the fact that you will always be playing as Albus, the wind blademaster, Sion the lightning wizard, Irene the fire martial artists and etc. I'd love for the ability to, for example, make an entire team of mages of different elements and other shit like that.

Also, I'd like if they added more challenge to the game. I don't need a game to be cock and ball torture to be enjoyable, but if the core gameplay is really good I'd prefer the game to be harder rather than easier. IMO, the devs should either make the missions themselves a bit harder or add some hardcore difficulty mode that punishes you for failing them and adds other consequences. There were a handful of missions in the game that were actually challenging but most were a breeze.

Lhynn

Arcane
Yeah, side missions are the most challenging content in the game. Especially the last purple ones, where you fight the strongest robots/humans/beasts.
The robot one is amazing to get rare parts to make the strongest mods and craft some insanely powerful items, like one that lets you control 2 robots at the same time. The one with the drakes lets you tame them, and they are incredibly strong. And the one fighting humans has some amazing masteries.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom