Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

cretin

Magister
Douchebag!
looks nice. where can I find the most up to date translation for gunslinger?

theres nothing to translate. you just get the mod from the moddb page or a google mirror or wherever else, install and run the updater.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Jesus! I just saw a video for the latest Anomaly using a winter look mod and goddamn it looks like a modern game... I wonder what kind of rig would one need to run that mod

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
So, I haven't touched stalker in quite a while. Is there anything out there that adds viable pistols / revolvers? I want some single action badassness. Gunslinger my ass.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
So, I haven't touched stalker in quite a while. Is there anything out there that adds viable pistols / revolvers? I want some single action badassness. Gunslinger my ass.
Anything with TAZ (The Armed Zone)?
Like Road to the North, with 64bit engine and based on Call of Misery (which means less junk&trash to collect compared to Anomaly).

In general - mods based on CoM/Anomaly have viable pistols that lay waste on these trenchcoat cocksuckers.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Gunslinger has been quietly getting updates. Unless you follow the russian pages you dont actually hear about it, for example the moddb page has remained untouched since feburary. I cant speak to the full list of changes, but of significance is all the weapons have complete upgrade trees now, a few QoL improvements, the performance is better and they added the Bizon.
thanks for the update, bro :bro:

yeah, they added a bunch of updates, however not all weapons have update trees yes

the ones i miss the most are SIG P220 and the Hi-Power, two of my favourite handguns in stalker games

upside: the Nikonov & MP5SD

buggy stuff: laser pointers are either always on or off, so on some weapons (Tide) you pay for nothing

todo: pretty much all NATO guns, understandably

the difficulty system is still fundamentally flawed (with immersion-related stuff such as the HUD enabled or disabled based on game difficulty - which is bullshit, i always play Master but don't make me open the inventory to see Degtaryev is irradiated, or figure out screen dimming = character thirsty ffs)

some of the weapon stats are good (9x39 brought down a notch but still the most lethal assault weapons), some are bad (so Vintorez does less damage than AS Val? the exact same 5.45 ammo shot from a 40cm Nikonov barrel does more damage than from a 40cm AK barrel? SVU can be upgraded with 95% recoil reduction i don't even)

still, i didn't think replaying CoP would be this much fun and it is, certainly makes working from home a lot better

EDIT: also, after CoC with AO, 5.45 seems a poor fit for the distances typically seen in stalkers, 7.62x39 kicks ass and its absence is... weird. yes, it's inherited from every official game but still...

Last edited:

cretin

Magister
Douchebag!
I dont think gunslinger is going for realism with the weapon balance, so that is probably why you have things like the VSS being weaker than the VAL. Keeping with the game progression, since the VAL doesnt show up until midgame, and the VSS can be gotten immediately if you know where to find it :lol:

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
If anything I'm hoping for Gunslinger animations to get integrated into Anomaly in the future.

I'm playing Anomaly, but

- modded the mechanic inventory so it has the good stuff from the start
- installed Trader Overhaul and it made selling prices better (less grindy)

I've already grinded 150k RUB without any addons. I should've played with Trader Overhaul from the start given how tedious it was.

Edija

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If anything I'm hoping for Gunslinger animations to get integrated into Anomaly in the future.

I'm playing Anomaly, but

I've already grinded 150k RUB without any addons. I should've played with Trader Overhaul from the start given how tedious it was.

Never going to happen, Anomaly would have to be rebuilt on top of Gunslinger for that to work.

I've been playing Wind of Time for a while, the best thing about Russian mods is always the translation.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron

I'm playing Anomaly, but

Never going to happen, Anomaly would have to be rebuilt on top of Gunslinger for that to work.
yup, the clearest thing about Gunslinger is that they don't want to integrate with other mods and will go out of their way to prevent it if possible

i mean, we're talking about guys that made sure if you're rebinding the "Move Forward" key it's "gunsl_keys_move_forward" and not "Move Forward" - why? - and do you think you'll be able to change or mod anything more significant about their delivery (even the clearly retarded bits)?

Anomaly and other 64-bit iterations of the engine source code have a future potential, Gunslinger is unfortunately an evolutionary dead end by design: an animator's CV bullet point if you want to be mean (i don't)

i keep it installed and check for updates regularly, but the fact is all i care about is getting calibration tools and the ability to fully upgrade any weapon and then fool around with that - the game itself is CoP and i've played that plenty of times and can live without more repetitions of the same

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I so want CoC, Dead Air or Anomaly playable on openxray on Linux. Dual-booting sucks and Anomaly kills my hardware.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
demosfen is just a hodgepodge of content that the author has stolen without permission, and there's probably a bitcoin miner in it. i wouldn't if i were you

Baron Dupek

Arcane
He also released english translation in lastest update but not sure how good it is.

its written there ''Demosfen - the largest project on the Call of Chernobyl platform.''
that's because his ego is massive

lightbane

Arcane
Not sure if i asked, but bears repeating:

How does Call of Chernobyl compare to Misery? Is it playable by non-Autists without fix patches? Does it suffer from severe "realism" like Misery?

cretin

Magister
Douchebag!

How does Call of Chernobyl compare to Misery? Is it playable by non-Autists without fix patches? Does it suffer from severe "realism" like Misery?

Call of chernobyl is vanilla stalker unless you mod it. It is simply ALL the levels from every stalker game put into a sandbox with some updates to the a-life and other miscellaneous changes. It's really a platform more than anything. Absolutely playable without any patches whatsoever, but I think you will get bored quickly because of the lack of real tasks.

I'd recommend using Curratum 's package, which contains a number of subtle improvements while keeping the keeping the vanilla gameplay style largely intact. https://www.moddb.com/mods/curunirs-call-of-chernobyl-modpack

Because otherwise you either mod it yourself to your own tastes, which can be a PITA, or you use some autist's mod pack, most of which are MISERY shit and carelessly put together.

Curratum

Call of chernobyl is vanilla stalker unless you mod it. It is simply ALL the levels from every stalker game put into a sandbox with some updates to the a-life and other miscellaneous changes. It's really a platform more than anything. Absolutely playable without any patches whatsoever, but I think you will get bored quickly because of the lack of real tasks.

I'd recommend using Curratum 's package, which contains a number of subtle improvements while keeping the keeping the vanilla gameplay style largely intact. https://www.moddb.com/mods/curunirs-call-of-chernobyl-modpack

Because otherwise you either mod it yourself to your own tastes, which can be a PITA, or you use some autist's mod pack, most of which are MISERY shit and carelessly put together.

Time to plug in my weapon shell casings restoration little project! In my stock mod, no weapon ejects shell casings, as the images in the OWR gun mod were the wrong size.

I went over them, scaled them down to appropriate sizes and re-enabled them.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/shell-casings-restored-for-coc-15-owr-3-v10

Baron Dupek

Arcane
https://www.moddb.com/mods/misery-the-armed-zone/videos/taz-30-testing

The Armed Zone 3 is coming for Anomaly, huge weapon pack (with a bunch of revolvers and old rifles) abandoned one ship (Misery2.2) for another, bigger one.

If anyone is interested then there is Road to the North which have some kind of main quest like rather than loose plots and it's not garbage collector game like Anomaly.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/area/news/area-holodilniks-edition
there is another hobosimulator mod, even slower pace and some inanity for immershun.
It's so slow you can't outrun pseudogigant.
What.

cretin

Magister
Douchebag!
https://www.moddb.com/mods/misery-the-armed-zone/videos/taz-30-testing

The Armed Zone 3 is coming for Anomaly, huge weapon pack (with a bunch of revolvers and old rifles) abandoned one ship (Misery2.2) for another, bigger one.

If anyone is interested then there is Road to the North which have some kind of main quest like rather than loose plots and it's not garbage collector game like Anomaly.

If everything as good as that new M4 model, TAZ might have actually redeemed itself. Of course, with some ~400 weapons, it won't be. I wonder where he stole that model from though, because its certainly not from the usual sources these weapon packs use.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Is there a x64 version of Call of Chernobyl? I played the 32-bit build a while back and wasn't happy with the stutters in action intensive parts and felt a 64-bit version could do better. What little I played of Anomaly seemed pretty slick and smooth compared to vanilla CoC. I love the idea of all three games opened up into one but would prefer some kind of set long-term goal in the form of a maybe a good main quest (or several) that isn't too much faggy fan-fic fuckery. Anomaly might be too extensive a change for me however.

Last edited:

cretin

Magister
Douchebag!
Is there a x64 version of Call of Chernobyl? I played the 32-bit build a whole back and wasn't happy with the stutters in action intensive parts and felt a 64-bit version could do better. What little I played of Anomaly seemed pretty slick and smooth compared to vanilla CoC. I love the idea of all three games opened up into one but would prefer some kind of set long-time goal in the form of a maybe a good main quest (or several) that isn't too much faggy fan-fic fuckery. Anomaly might be too extensive a change for me however.

there is. Sorry i dont have the links on hand at the moment.

The only issue with the 64 bit version of coc floating around iirc, is its a little unstable, and there seems to be an issue with sounds such as gunshots playing way quieter than they should be. Anomaly fixed these issues, but of course being the cocksuckers they are, did not share those fixes for the CoC project. I might be out of date on my info, there might be a 64 bit build of coc that works great, but i dont know of it.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Is there a x64 version of Call of Chernobyl? I played the 32-bit build a while back and wasn't happy with the stutters in action intensive parts and felt a 64-bit version could do better. What little I played of Anomaly seemed pretty slick and smooth compared to vanilla CoC. I love the idea of all three games opened up into one but would prefer some kind of set long-term goal in the form of a maybe a good main quest (or several) that isn't too much faggy fan-fic fuckery. Anomaly might be too extensive a change for me however.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/zoneexpanded-road-to-the-north/downloads
What about Road to the North?
It have some main quest line, 64bit engine, large arsenal and not that messy as Anomaly.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
not much. all CoC mods are mostly cookie-cutter, but i guess you can try to document the differences between them if you really want to do so. play a custom story total conversion like Secret Trails 2 or something if you want something actually different

cretin

Magister
Douchebag!
What's the fucking difference between all these shit?

DoctorX’s Call Of The Zone
Road to the North
Demosfen
Back to the Roots
Call of Chernobyl by stason174
Anomaly
Dead Air
A.R.E.A.
Legend Returns
Dollchan

Allow me to elucidate:

shit
shit
shit
will be good when translated
shit
its okay
next release might be the best of all these coc derivatives
shit
shit
might be good when translated

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
not much. all CoC mods are mostly cookie-cutter, but i guess you can try to document the differences between them if you really want to do so. play a custom story total conversion like Secret Trails 2 or something if you want something actually different

I played Secret Trails 2 a few years ago and found it, yes, different and enjoyable.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
What's the fucking difference between all these shit?
DoctorX’s Call Of The Zone
Road to the North
Demosfen
Back to the Roots
Call of Chernobyl by stason174
Anomaly
Dead Air
A.R.E.A.
Legend Returns
Dollchan
I played too much of that crap but it was either modern popamole garbage or this.

DoctorX’s Call Of The Zone - more desolated CoCh with some addons (not that noticeable) and endless tasks mode.
Road to the North - the only CoCh project with so called "main quest", TAZ (the armed zone weapon pack from Misery 2.2.1) also 64 bit engine

Demosfen - a modpack made with stolen borrowed assets and else by some rusian modder (they love to steal work without asking or crediting), play it for new maps but otherwise - waste of time. Also - he released english version but no idea how good it is

Back to the Roots - it's and addon to Anomaly that change textures, models and overall look to be closer to Last Days, which is a project that Anomaly was based on. LD was a mess thanks to the convoluted crafting, lack of 64bit engine and else.

Call of Chernobyl by stason174 - just a mod pack for CoCh with some exclusive stuff. I guess he made some modpack with addons that work together (with his own tweaks) so others don't have to.

Anomaly - ultimate MurderHobo Simulator, with abundance of junk'n'trash and decent crafting system and new repair system where you replace parts. Also new plots to unlock new factions. This project is the most popular, with bazilion mods and whatnot.

Dead Air - more sluggish, with some gameplay quirks, some changes in the inventory system - items that should stack won't do that, hope you love micromanaging garbage on regular basis.

A.R.E.A. - the slowest gameplay ever, slow progress, slow everything, everything there outrun you. Some new animations and gameplay quirks like items can get wet and radiated in your backpack. Two versions - basic and Holodnik, the latest have some stuff mostly related to stashes.

Legend Returns - CoCh but with Oblivion Lost flavour, no junk collection or hobo phase and better quests, sadly no decent english translation.

Dollchan - another modpack for CoCh, from the creator of MLR project. Heard that good and popular (MLR) but never played myself.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom