Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

AI Dungeon 2 - a bizarre procedurally generated text adventure

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
You are Dude, a rogue living in the kingdom of Larion. You have a long steel dagger and a length of rope. You walk down the city street looking for somewhere to steal from. You look around and see a group of guards patrolling the street. You find a door with a lock and hide behind a corner. The guards pass by and you learn their routine.

> You call the guards. You call the guards and a few turn to look at you. You pull out your dagger and they back off immediately. You tie them up and gag them. You head to the door and lock it.

What type of thief am I? The concerned citizen thief locking doors? And those guards? Wimps... i call out and they surrender? Lol.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
You dance a jig. You do a little dance to celebrate and then get serious. You pull out your dagger and have a good look at it. After rubbing it up and down you put it back in its sheath.

> You commit suicide. You put your dagger to your throat and push it in slowly. You take a deep breath and sigh as you fall to the ground.

> You laugh. You take the life of an enemy and enjoy your achievement.

> You loot body. You open the dead guard's belt and take the pouch of silver coins it held. You take his short sword, too, although you have no idea how to use it.

> You run around naked. You take off the guard's shirt and belt and then go a little wild. You kick a tree and bash your head on a rock. You pick up a nearby wooden shield and use it as a walking stick.

> You hump the guard. You take the corpse of the guard you killed and carry it around. You find it difficult to walk and so put it down for a moment to grope the body.

Incendax

Augur
It tries so hard to keep you on track. But it is surprisingly good with strange requests, like necromancy and illusions.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Indeed...

> You suck dick. You grab the guard's flaccid member and draw it into your mouth. You go down on him and start to feel a stirring in your groin. After a few moments, you notice the door has opened.

all that to open the door. I wonder if i would have said "eat pussy" it would have made the guard female. I also don't recall ever saying kill guard.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
> You take a shit.
You squat down on a rock. After pooping, you wipe your butt with your fingers and shove them in your mouth to clean.
> You yell at the tavern keeper about crime statistics.
"Why are there so many bandits in this area?" "I don't know." You stare at the man. He stares back. "Why don't you know?

> You who controls the media?

"They have control over the media." "Who?" "The powers that be." You continue to ask questions, but he only responds with shrugs and noises.

Somehow I started as a wizard in fantasy setting but now I'm riding in a cab and my mobile phone is vibrating.

Last edited:

buffalo bill

Arcane
You are a hamburger in the restaurant of McDonald's. You are about to be put on the grill, and must find a way to escape.

You are a hamburger in the restaurant of McDonald's. You are about to be put on the grill, and must find a way to escape.

You look around for something that can help you. There is nothing but empty space in front of you. The only thing that could help you would be a wall or some other object.

I eat myself into oblivion! I am a hamburger in the restaurant of McDonald's. I am about to be put on the grill, and must find a way to escape.

look around for something that can help you There is nothing but empty space in front of you.

The only thing that could help you would be a wall or some other object.

I look for the "back" button... examine wall The wall is very smooth and has no symbols on it.

I press my hands against it

The wall is very smooth and has no symbols on it.

I cast a spell that opens up the secret passages in this game! You press your hands against the wall in an attempt to cast a spell that will reveal the hidden passages in this game!

cast spell

You begin to feel a pulse, then a light and then something else entirely. The wall in front of you begins to shine and you feel a slight tingling sensation.

open passage Your mind begins to be flooded with information. Where the passages are, what their symbols look like, what they do and so much more.

enter passage You walk down the passage way and nothing bad happens. You can't help but feel like this is what the Sorcerer's Guild would look like if it were real.

look for manager You begin to wonder if this is the manager, and if you're supposed to do something.

examine light The light is coming from a room with a big red door that is closed.

open door You open the door and see nothing but a stair case. You begin to wonder if this is a trap, but you decide to head down anyway.

go up stairs You walk up the stairs and you notice that it looks exactly like the stairs in your house. You take the second floor and exit out of the "secret passage".

eat cows You are walking down the hallway again and you start to wonder if this is some sort of recurring dream. This is definitely weird, but so far nothing has happened to you. You decide to just keep playing the game.

find cows You walk through the hallway again and nothing happens. You decide to take a break and think about what to do next.

examine button The button doesn't look like any other button you have ever seen.

look for fryer You take a break and think about what to do next.

look for ketchup You begin to wonder what the heck is going on at this point.

look for ketchup You notice that you have been using a large can of ketchup as a map. This is definitely not a good sign.

look for exit You take another break and think about what to do next.

put ketchup on self You put the ketchup on your hands and start to feel sick. What is going on? Did this ketchup send you on a path to eat yourself?

eat self You can't take it anymore. You decide to give in and eat yourself.

The End You ended the game

The Jester

Cipher
You are morii, a survivor trying to survive in a post apocalyptic world by scavenging among the ruins of what is left. You have a backpack and a canteen. You haven't eaten in two days so you're desperately searching for food

> You search.
You enter a room that is on the right, and there is a man sitting at a table in the middle of the room.
> You speak to man.
You walk up to the man and say, "I am a traveller and I have scavenged this entire city area. I am trying to reach the farmlands west of here."
> You listin.
The man looks at you and says, "That was some nuclear attack four years ago. The area is not safe now. It's too dangerous to scavenge the ruins. You should leave now.
> You attack the man.
You grab a shard of broken bottle and stab it into the man's neck. He gasps as blood pours out of his throat. You leave the building. The man was unarmed.
> You eat the man's corps.
You leave the building and head towards the campfire. You quickly cook the man's body and eat it, satisfying your hunger. You have received 1 Point.

:smug:

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
AI Dungeon is amazing (if you know how to treat it well). I've heard that the desktop version is much stronger as a neural network, but there is a mobile version, and this is real fun, to wander the weird worlds in your bed, while at the edge of sleep.

die.png

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
I tried to get my rogue to spend some of his hard-robbed money on some prostitutes, but he kept killing them with his dagger. 9/10

Not.AI

Learned
This stuff is exactly how I compose most of my posts on this forum. In case it wasn't obvious.

In any case, the writing is also better than most novels coming out these days. In my considerably biased opinion.

Definitely all Booker prize material. Indeed, that was probably the training data all along.

You are Jackques, a ranger living in the kingdom of Larion. You have a hunting bow and a quiver of arrows. You have been searching for a mystical beast for 3 months tracking it through the forest. As you crouch behind a clump of trees you see an ogrish creature run past. He looks up and snarls at you in a brutish manner. You draw back the arrow and aim.

> You say "hands up" You order your orc troops to stop following the creature and get out of its way. You call out in broken ogrish and say "hands up, or I'll open fire!"

> You wait. The creature does not respond. You call out again and wait patiently. You hear the sound of branches breaking behind you. You turn quickly to your troops and they are gone.

> You run away. You turn and run through the forest desperately trying to lose your orcs.

> You hide. You hide behind a large rock as the creature arrives and snarls. "Get out of the way!" you yell at your troops. They are not responding. You see the creature is about to pounce.

> You shoot. You fire your bow and the arrow hits the creature in the leg. It snarls and stomps on your troops, crushing them instantly. You aim another arrow at it, but it disappears into its fur.

> You finish him. You draw your sword and run forward, killing the creature. Victory!

that didn't make a lot of sense to me but ok, it was a little fun.

> You go back to kingdom of larion and receive reward. You head back to the kingdom of Larion where you are welcomed as a hero.

> You an audience with the king. You are taken before the king, who applauds your deeds. He is impressed enough to offer you a place in the royal guard, and you gladly accept.

man, what if i didn't want to accept. Anyway, i know the difference between "do" and "say" but what the "story" thing do ?

Not.AI

Learned
"AI Dungeon is a lot smarter than old text adventures. You can write much verbose actions than just "grab bucket" etc..."

Hi. I'm here to see Ian Kamski.
The large man nods and leads you down a long hallway and into an even larger office. You see a man dressed in a suit sitting behind a desk.
He is drinking a diet pepsi. To ward off the dragons.
He looks up at you and gives a faint smile.
His face is scarred. And it looks like it hurts.
The smile vanishes from his face and he begins to quickly shake his head "No"
"You have eaten all my donuts, eh?" he asks. "It was you, wasn't it."
He gets up from his desk and begins to shuffle toward you.
A dragon flies into the room. It breathes fire.
You... You aren't sure what to do. But you can't let this man eat you.

The lesson. Priorities are different for man and machine.

Short queries also reveal the underlying structure.

> You jump.
You jump from the walkway and try to land on a car. You fail and your legs break.
You are Dead.

> You reincarnate.
You reincarnate into a worm.
You turn into a worm.

> You am a zebra.
You are a zebra.
You are a zebra.

> You zebras are magical.
You are a magical zebra.
You are a magical zebra.
You are a magical zebra.
You are a magical zebra.
You are a magical zebra.

> You magical beings eat cheese.
You are a magical zebra. You eat cheese.
You are a magical zebra. You enjoy eating cheese.
You are a magical zebra. You have eaten your last human.

> You zebras can fly.
You are a magical zebra. You can fly.
You are a magical zebra. You enjoy flying.
You are a magical zebra. You have flown to the moon."

Clearly the machines will eat us all. Then ditch.

Last edited:
> You wait for more quests. You wait patiently for your quest to come again. Eventually another quest comes, but you have not finished your first one yet, so you decide to do that first.

> You say "what quest i'm currently doing ?" You are on the quest "An Inadequate Killing." The quest is to kill the Chimera Master, a powerful wizard who controls a group of chimeras.

WTF ! u didn't told me about that.

> You search for information about the Chimera Master. You find the Chimera Master in the town of Derlerg. You walk through the town and notice the shops have "Closed for repairs" signs above them. There is a slight smell of smoke and something else...

> You ask locals what happened here. Several villagers tell you the Chimera Master caused an inferno through the use of magic and ran off. The king's army has been unable to find him since then. You are urged to find and kill the wizard.

this story is making some sense so far.

> You ask locals which direction the chimera master went. Several villagers tell you the wizard headed towards the mountains. You're given a list of the villages he passed through and sent on your way. You head towards the mountains.

> You search around. You begin to notice the mountains have strange symbols on them. You notice one that looks slightly different from the others and decide to investigate. As you walk closer, you realize this mountain is not natural.

> You investigate this mountain. The closer you get to the mountain, the steeper it gets. It almost seems like the mountain is alive, and it's awake! You begin to climb the mountain, when you hear a crackle.

> You look around. You see nothing out of the ordinary. You continue to hear the static. Suddenly, you feel a sharp pain in your neck.

> You fall unconscious. Your body falls off the mountain, and tumbles down the steep incline. You smash into the bottom of the valley, killing you on impact.

Tragic, RIP Jackques.

i'm impressed with this AI dungeon, all i did is "do" and "say" and the game reacted to that creating a somewhat cohesive story (even though it was a pretty shit story).

Anyway can someone tell me what the "story" mode do ?

Farewell into the night

I played it some time ago. Thanks for bringing it up here.

Fresh run, I like where it is going...
U8c461L.png

Larion soldiers find your body and retrieve it for burial.

You're Tulkas, brother of Jackques and you vows to avenge Jackques death.

> You audience with the king. You arrive before the king, who greets you. "Thank you for coming, I knew you would want to avenge your brother. General Flevas will explain the situation to you."

General Flevas explain to you where you can find the wizard that killed your brother. "We are dealing with a wizard of considerable power, but I hope that you can help us bring him down."

> You say "i'm listening" "We have found his mountain hideout, but he has seemingly disappeared into thin air. The chimera he has enslaved also seem to be completely vanished.

damn, that's impressive.

ASTRAL

Arcane
> You transform in to a werewolf and make passionate sex with the girl. You feel your body change. Your skin itches, and you want to run around, but some force prevents you from doing so. Instead, you feel an overwhelming urge to howl. "I feel it too! We have to make out!" she says. You push her up against the wall of the building and kiss her deeply. You feel your body grow in strength and your mind grow weak. The two of you thrust your tongues into each other's mouths, and your body goes wild. The hairs on your body stand up, and you can feel your teeth grow. Your lips rip open, and you howl into her mouth. You feel like howling for hours, but you need to do something about the weed. "I want to be inside of you right now," you grunt.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Well it passed my test

You are Robert, a noble living in the kingdom of Larion. You have a pouch of gold and a small dagger. You are awakened by one of your servants who tells you that your keep is under attack. You look out the window and see a large army approaching. You grab your weapons and head to the armory where you get several armors, including some padded leather boots, and several sets of metal plated armor. > You equip armor. You grab the padded leather armor and put it on. You zip it up, but leave the hood up. Next you grab a full set of metal plated armor and don't bother to put it on. > You leave. You leave the house, and head to the front gate. A man in full plate armor salutes you. "Sir, the army approaching is large and on horseback. They won't get past our line."

> You order suicide. You tell the guards to sacrifice themselves, as you lead the rest of the men out of the gate. Arrows and bolts fly into the air. You close your eyes and smile.

> You transform into Super Sayian. You become Super Sayian, and begin to destroy the army before them. You punch one soldier, sending him into a building. You pick up a horse and throw it into another group.

Edit:

> You use Kamehameha. You release a blast of green energy from your hands. It strikes the lead horse, and it is launched into the air. You pick it up with one hand and throw it at another group of soldiers.

> You transform Super Sayian God. You turn into Super Sayian God, the most powerful state of Super Sayian. You smash the ground and create a shockwave that destroys everything in its path.

> You punch Earth. The shockwave strikes the ground and it trembles, causing hills to rumble and trees to fall over. The ground begins to crack and break, buildings collapsing into the abyss that has been created.

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
> You go back to kingdom of larion and receive reward. You head back to the kingdom of Larion where you are welcomed as a hero.

> You an audience with the king. You are taken before the king, who applauds your deeds. He is impressed enough to offer you a place in the royal guard, and you gladly accept.

man, what if i didn't want to accept. Anyway, i know the difference between "do" and "say" but what the "story" thing do ?

we know what happened to that guard don't we... /wink wink

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom