Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

Codex Year of the Donut
does anyone play on argonnessen?

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
this lag is unplayable
fucking buy new servers already you god damn jews
Apparently it happens on and off. I've been lucky and yesterday logged in at times when the lag wasn't very bad.
I haven't been keeping up with international news. Is BLM burning down data centers in the USA now, what is going on?

I've always heard aside from the HC servers that Cannith is the most active, I don't know how true that remains to this day though.

Codex Year of the Donut
catacombs DM is really nice too
speaks anytime you spot something, find a hidden room, etc., Adds a lot to the atmosphere.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
esus christ scared the shit out of me when Show Spoiler a giant fucking dragon landed right on top of me in the city
:shredder:
Oh yeah me too. Was not expecting that. Then it's like "Oh, that is what Argonessens are."
I swear I've heard that Catacombs DM in animations before. Can't name the specific roles but I just recognize that voice. A character actor for cartoons.

Codex Year of the Donut
the skill checks are surprisingly well designed, especially with things like jump that require the level to be designed around it
doing the Phiarlan Carnival quests, they're really well designed

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
Interesting bug.
Had an enhancement ability slotted on my action bar and upgraded it, but the ability slotted stayed at rank 1. Had to manually re-add it for it to properly upgrade.
Happened even after logging out.

Codex Year of the Donut
biggest critique so far would be the lack of an overall narrative.

They did a good job adapting D&D rules to true real-time combat. It's obviously nowhere near 1:1, but a lot of things function similarly. Obvious change is that it's not using a pure vancian magic system but a spellpoints hybrid alternative.
Level design of the dungeons is overall great. Newer & revamped ones tend to be better in this area, along with them having more skill checks/better DM narration. Resting mechanics are up there with kotc, quests have a limited number of designated resting spots and they can only be used once.

Oh, and yet another d&d game without a psion. Why is one of my favorite classes so hated?

Looking forward to the Ravenloft content.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
Had to fool a pirate in a dialogue multiple times by speaking like a pirate, just said "Yarrrrr" and passed bluff checks :incline:

Puzzle in that area was pretty confusing btw, took me a while to figure it out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom