Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

jackofshadows

Magister
SCj4Hno.png

The fuck is this? Randomly stumbled just near SGS. In the end only few pussies were left alive.

CeLL

Literate
Heya, I need a game from a screenshot identified. Hulp! Looks like kind of roguetype.
Its the only image I could find. I know, its too small, but maybe someone can help identify the game.

proxy-image

wahrk

Learned
20200718122534-1.jpg

I'm surprised this game got so high on the codex top 70 list. I guess multiple playthroughs are needed to appreciate the story/reactivity, but the gameplay is just so rough...

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Much of the top 70 voting is based on CYOA&C, to such an extent that a poorly-designed cover-based shooter with painfully-linear levels is able to maintain the pretense of being an RPG. The same kind of thinking that resulted in Disco Elysium being rated the #1 RPG of 2019.

Momock

Augur
Much of the top 70 voting is based on CYOA&C, to such an extent that a poorly-designed cover-based shooter with painfully-linear levels is able to maintain the pretense of being an RPG. The same kind of thinking that resulted in Disco Elysium being rated the #1 RPG of 2019.
Only that Disco Elysiun doesn't even have C&C... it's just "chose your flavor of flavor".

boot

Prophet
hjHtpkm.jpg

coTVAmM.jpg

no matter how you resolve companion disputes if you try and keep all 16 they will eventually become miserable and leave. You can manage it for a while with all 16 but half of them will become upset with your 'leadership' and stop gaining morale no matter how much you fight. Can probably keep 9 or 10 if you plan it out beforehand.

Yldr

Educated
4MYvThm.png

Rogue Warrior (2009)

Yet another "worst game ever" that turns out to be not too bad. I swear there has to be an elaborate joke in there somewhere that I'm not privy to.

Let's not oversell it, everything screams "alright I guess": visuals, gunplay, plot, mission design, it's all as average and derivative as it gets. Still, the vicious melee executions got an acceptable dopamine reponse out of me as did the retardo one-liners, and the guns are pretty fun with satisfying enemy ragdolls.

With a runtime of less than two hours, don't expect more than a quick distraction squeezed between more meaningful games and it will serve its purpose.

ls6AzXE.png

UZDM4rq.png

ALCJSua.png

kPDZWfA.png

SZzIHg0.png

BD3bSOd.png

5L3s3vl.png

4MYvThm.png

L2XmvRk.png

WCEn8CW.png

zEAtj93.png

LFUHC2h.png

H7M8GR6.png

SGYIScD.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom