Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Erikkolai

Learned
I'm in chapter 6 now. The game has gone from running extremely efficiently, to being sluggish. Saving and loading takes much longer time.
  • I'm only using 7 save files (2 quick saves, 5 regular saves).
  • The save files are much larger now than they were in the beginning (50 MB each, as opposed to 800 KB IIRC).
  • I've been playing as a completionist, clearing all areas I've visited. But I don't collect all the loot (never regular weapons and armor).
There's a Cleaner mod at the Nexus, and also some tips about manually cleaning the files. But some comments make those fixes seem unreliable.

Do you have any suggestions?

Delterius

Arcane
I do not know whether someone has already asked the same, so forgive me for spamming in such an eventuality. Will the PC version of the game only receive the turn based mode as an additional feature? I've caught glimpses of a mention that the UI will also be rebuilt, but couldn't find a confirmation.
There might be some confusion there. If you read their statement, they say that the unofficial mod was the starting point but that they weren't happy with the UI. So essentially if you want to play TB and wait a month you'll get an improved UI and, I hope, controls for faster animations // turn ending.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Cleaner mod but if you don't use it from the start you are already fucked. I think.
Not necessarily.

First, you can go to all old locations and delete the items left there. For example, I did it in Old Sycamore during the first phase of a companion quest. May be someone dedicated enough could go to all old locations.

Second, even if the old data are already in the save, using the mod for new locations might somewhat reduce the save file size. However, I would not try to clean any location with quests repeated through several chapters or the player's base, like the capital, any of the settlements, Secluded Lodge and so on.

Last edited:

Darko

Educated
You could unzip the save, delete history and all .png files except header.png and zip it back. This reduces size by around half so at the very least writing future saves to disk will be faster but you will lose all fog of war information.

Although if you are in penultimate chapter you could just endure a bit longer; save size will revert to 500 kb range since it won't be possible to return to previous areas.

Erikkolai

Learned
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll apply the Cleaner mod, and will start cleaning the non-essential areas I'm visiting.

I'm glad I got past my foolish preconceived notions about this game, this is the best gaming experience I've had in years.

Since I'm late to the party: Are there any other recommended "quality of life" mods I should apply? So far I'm only using "Faster Menu Book Zoom".

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll apply the Cleaner mod, and will start cleaning the non-essential areas I'm visiting.

I'm glad I got past my foolish preconceived notions about this game, this is the best gaming experience I've had in years.

Since I'm late to the party: Are there any other recommended "quality of life" mods I should apply? So far I'm only using "Faster Menu Book Zoom".

UI Extension. It is useful especially for class with animal companion/pets. Usually, your pets will be hidden on the party member bar UI wise but this can get annoying when you try to monitor its health in combat. The mod can give you option to display the pet in the menu bar or to display its numerical health value alongside the owner portrait in the party bar.

Highlight Learnable Scrolls. Your Wizard can learn spells from scrolls you find like in BG. The mod highlight them in green when you open inventory using you Wizard so it is much easier to know which spells you have learnt or not.

EDIT: Remove Are Effects: basically dispel terrain affecting AoE Spells (Grease, Web, etc) cast by your caster. In the base game if you cast web and your low REF save is caught on it you literally have to wait for the spells to expire on its own which can break the pace on exploring. This Dispel is useful for when you are just done with the general area and need to remove the pesky AoE spells you casted on combat.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Turn-based mode beta available: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-kingmaker/posts/2899082

Beta Test for Pathfinder: Kingmaker Patch 2.1 is now Live!

Pathfinders,

It is less than a month until the release of Pathfinder: Kingmaker Definitive Edition for PC and consoles. With this update comes turn-based mode and a number of fixes. In preparation for this, we are launching a beta for patch 2.1! In this test, you will be able to play in the turn-based mode. We have put a lot of work into it and now we are ready to present it to you. We hope that you will love it and share your thoughts about it.

If you find any bugs you can report them using the in-game bug report feature by pressing F11. You can use the same tool to provide feedback to us - just choose the “Suggestion” option under the text window.

You can find how to join the beta-test here.

Patch notes are here.

e30da4955113c1cfa0242d3c60bca8bd_original.jpg

https://steamcommunity.com/app/640820/discussions/0/2792745783012956667/

Patch notes for Beta Patch 2.1

Please be aware of plot spoilers in the description below!

Highlights
  • You can now play Pathfinder: Kingmaker with your gamepad.
  • Turn-based mode is now available.

Areas
  • Now, after you explored the Blackstones Ford map, you can stay in that area to collect the loot and exit when you feel like it.
  • Now you can speak to Kobold Artist in the Troll Liar only once.
  • Fixed the chest respawn in the endless dungeon. The chests will no longer appear in the unreachable locations.
  • Some secret rooms in the endless dungeon contained no chests. Resolution: fixed.
  • In the endless dungeon, certain poisons had no icons. Resolution: fixed.
  • The Bandit Camp area had an incorrect name on the local map. Resolution: fixed.
  • The Cloudkill effect of traps in the Vordakai Tomb had no visible text. Resolution: fixed.
  • An incorrect message was displayed for one of the houses in Varnhold. Resolution: fixed.
  • Fixed the issue when the innkeeper in Varnhold could hear the rioting peasants for the second time.
  • Fixed the issue when characters could get stuck in some places at Jamandi’s mansion.

Quests
  • After you start investigating the Season of Bloom quest and talk to Kesten, the Second Breath quest fails if you haven’t completed it before.
  • In one of the options of Regongar’s final quest, it was possible to get the reward twice. Resolution: fixed.
  • Fixed the issue due to which the final stage of Octavia's and Regongar’s quest could not be completed.
  • After you saved the game and then loaded it at the Capital Square during the Investigate My Death quest, Jaethal disappeared and you could not talk to her until re-entering the area. Resolution: fixed.

Kingdom
  • Allowing Tsanna to decide what to do about the situation while increasing Loyalty Rank to 7 led to doubling of the Rank Up project and other effects. Resolution: fixed.

Classes & Mechanics
  • Now rogues can select a starknife as a weapon for Finesse Training.
  • The rogue’s Finesse Training lacked nunchaku as an option. Resolution: fixed.
  • The rogue’s Dispelling Attack advanced talent didn’t scale correctly with levelling up of vivisectionists and slayers. Resolution: fixed.
  • Monks can now correctly activate two style strikes after 15th level.
  • Sensei Advice: Mass Diamond Soul (monk’s ability) incorrectly applied the Diamond Body effect. Resolution: fixed.
  • The inquisitor's progression window did not show the Greater Bane ability. Resolution: fixed.
  • The DC of the inquisitor's Daze orison spell was based on the inquisitor's Charisma instead of Wisdom. Resolution: fixed.
  • The cleric's Divine Fortune ability of the Luck domain was infinite per day. Resolution: fixed.
  • Strength Surge (cleric's strength domain ability) didn’t work on allies. Resolution: fixed.
  • The description of Sage Sorcerer has been expanded to clarify the features of this archetype.
  • The kinetic knight can now correctly choose Armor Proficiency (Medium).
  • Metakinesis no longer increases the burn cost of the kineticist’s wild talents.
  • For the Phoenix Rising ability of the flamewarden (ranger’s archetype) it was incorrectly stated that it worked once per week while it actually worked once per day. Resolution: fixed the description.
  • The Russian description of the Touch of Good ability (Good domain) incorrectly mentioned that it gave a bonus equal to the level of the class that granted access to that domain. In fact, the bonus amounted to half of the class level. Resolution: fixed.
  • Harm and Inflict Wounds, Mass spells failed to check for Death Domain — Death's Embrace. Resolution: fixed.
  • Channel Positive Energy — Heal Living healed golems. Resolution: fixed.
  • The Reduce Person spell was affected by Spell Resistance. Resolution: fixed.
  • The True Seeing spell was affected by Spell Resistance. Resolution: fixed.
  • Remove Fear failed to work against Frightful Presence. Resolution: fixed.
  • Magic Fang and Greater Magic Fang were not displayed on characters as an effect. Resolution: fixed.
  • Mind Fog had an incorrect duration description. Resolution: fixed.
  • Hardy dwarves’ racial trait now correctly works on the first saving throw against poisons afflicted by enemies' natural attacks.
  • Tartuk now correctly has the Fiery Body spell.
  • Fixed the issue when it was impossible to pick up the loot from enemies that were killed under the effects of the Baleful Polymorph spell.
  • Attacks of opportunity in the round right after a charge action got a +2 bonus to attack rolls from the charge. Resolution: fixed.
  • Using the respec on a caster that learns spells from scrolls will now refund all the extra spells this caster has learned from scrolls (so that players can go and buy other scrolls from vendors).
  • The bear animal companion had a lower natural armor than intended. Resolution: fixed, the natural armor of the bear was increased.
  • Even the smallest goblin alchemists now can throw bombs.
Items
  • Added Masterwork Throwing Axe, Masterwork Nunchaku, Throwing Axe +1 and Nunchaku +1 to the goods offered by the Honest Guy.
  • Scalemail of Resistance +2 sold by the traveling merchant could be equipped only by druids, instead of all classes. Resolution: fixed.
  • Sword of Eternal Servitude worked incorrectly. Resolution: fixed.
  • Cloak of Sold Souls summoned a friendly Thanadaemon. Resolution: fixed.
  • Thundering Claw of the Bear God didn’t work with Beast Shape III; Call Lighting was also cast if an animal companion landed a critical hit. Resolution: fixed.
  • The Bladed Plate item incorrectly appeared in Kaessi’s house in the capital. Resolution: fixed.
  • The Bleed effect of the Serrator weapon failed to work in the first round after successful hit. Resolution: fixed.
  • Fixed issues with Gear's Rule.
  • The Narrow Path amulet checked the alignment of the wearer instead of the target. Resolution: fixed.
  • The Blakemoor's grimoire description wasn’t displayed properly. Resolution: fixed.
  • The weapon type information was missing for oversized bastard swords. Resolution: fixed.
  • Scroll of Cape of Wasps had DC equal to 0. Resolution: fixed.
  • Mail of Clear Skies wasn’t considered a light armor. Resolution: fixed.
  • Mail of Clear Skies had incorrect stats. Resolution: fixed.
  • Disruption Thundering Heavy Flail +2 was a regular flail, not a heavy one. Resolution: fixed.
  • The game mechanics information was missing for the Briar. Resolution: fixed.
  • Frozen Crescent had an incorrect critical range. Resolution: fixed.
  • Wand of Acid Splash had an incorrect price. There were also some scrolls with incorrect spells. Resolution: fixed.
  • Adamantine Breastplate +3 had an incorrect price. Resolution: fixed.
  • Singing Steel Breastplate had an incorrect price. Resolution: fixed.
  • Lycanthrope Bane Disruption Club +3 had an incorrect price. Resolution: fixed.
  • Fixed typos in the descriptions of the Dark Revelation, Amulet of the Dying Wisdom, Staff of the Whispering Souls, and Cord of Stubborn Fury belt
User Interfaces
  • The icon to exit the Silverstep Grove area was located too low. Resolution: fixed.
  • Fixed the location of the monster names above the water elementals.
  • Fixed the location of the monster icons above the slurks.
  • Combat Log didn’t display rerolls. Resolution: fixed.

Miscellaneous
  • Fixed multiple typos and inconsistencies in the German, French, and Chinese localizations.
  • Audio: added four new voice packs for barons and baronesses.
  • Autosave worked incorrectly when moving from the Other World to the Womb of Lamashtu. Resolution: fixed.
  • Animation: fixed Coup de Grace animation and slipping in the Mammoth animation.
  • Rain visual effects no longer freeze when switching between locations.
  • Fixed a collision problem on the stairs of the Academy of Grand Arts in Pitax.

A friendly reminder: while we deeply admire the contribution that mod authors make to our game, we would like you to remember that running custom modifications can lead to unexpected bugs and crashes. Unfortunately, if you encounter any issues while playing with mods, our team will not be able to help you. If this happens, please report these issues to the mod's original creator. Also, remember that after each game update, there is a high probability of previously installed mods not functioning properly. If you wish to play with mods anyway, disabling auto-updates might prevent your save files from becoming corrupted.

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
If somebody is installing the beta do tell whether they fix the idiotic AI from the TB mod or not (basically rewriting the AI to work on constraint and feature of TB) instead of playing like it is RtwP. Is there a 5-feet step and can the enemy use it? Is there Delay and can the enemy use it too? Does the enemy AI know how to flank withing the constraint of the game instead of just throwing bodies and hope the rogue/archer trigger sneak attack?

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
If somebody is installing the beta do tell whether they fix the idiotic AI from the TB mod or not (basically rewriting the AI to work on constraint and feature of TB) instead of playing like it is RtwP. Is there a 5-feet step and can the enemy use it? Is there Delay and can the enemy use it too? Does the enemy AI know how to flank withing the constraint of the game instead of just throwing bodies and hope the rogue/archer trigger sneak attack?

Nigga you know none of that shit is going to happen!

Falkner

Thread Decliner
Patron
Wasteland 2
Has anyone entered the beta yet? I did as instructed and when I start the game it says "2.0.0i" instead of the expected 2.1. I have no idea how to turn on turn-based mode.

Ulfhednar

Savant
Has anyone entered the beta yet? I did as instructed and when I start the game it says "2.0.0i" instead of the expected 2.1. I have no idea how to turn on turn-based mode.
It's ALT+T to switch modes in the mod, don't know if they kept it the same for the beta.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Sensei Advice: Mass Diamond Soul (monk’s ability) incorrectly applied the Diamond Body effect. Resolution: fixed.
For the Phoenix Rising ability of the flamewarden (ranger’s archetype) it was incorrectly stated that it worked once per week while it actually worked once per day. Resolution: fixed the description.
rogue dungeon fixes

hey nice they finally got to my 2019 bug reports :positive:

Falkner

Thread Decliner
Patron
Wasteland 2
It's ALT+T to switch modes in the mod, don't know if they kept it the same for the beta.
Does not work.
I'm having the suspicion that they uploaded the wrong version for Linux.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Sensei Advice: Mass Diamond Soul (monk’s ability) incorrectly applied the Diamond Body effect. Resolution: fixed.
For the Phoenix Rising ability of the flamewarden (ranger’s archetype) it was incorrectly stated that it worked once per week while it actually worked once per day. Resolution: fixed the description.
rogue dungeon fixes

hey nice they finally got to my 2019 bug reports :positive:
They also finally fixed dwarf bonus not working vs poisons, I think I reported that like 3 times.

I see they still didn't fix monk bugs I reported...

amurath

Educated
Here's a nice recent stream showcasing the new gamepad/console UI. While I wouldn't want to play through the whole game with a controller, it doesn't look as bad as I thought it would:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/686562879
I hope this bombs on consoles. Console success is the pathway to degeneracy and simplification (see bioware, obsidian, larian).
Yeah, to be honest, I'm a little worried about Wrath of the Righteous since I heard it will be shorter than Kingmaker. Hopefully, the increased reactivity will make up for it.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Here's a nice recent stream showcasing the new gamepad/console UI. While I wouldn't want to play through the whole game with a controller, it doesn't look as bad as I thought it would:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/686562879
I hope this bombs on consoles. Console success is the pathway to degeneracy and simplification (see bioware, obsidian, larian).
There's no way Owlcat goes down the same path. Their objective of recreating a faithful videogame adaptation of Pathfinder in the style of old Infinite Engine games hasn't changed and it won't change if their games keep being successful.

Robber Baron

Savant
I am really looking forward to finally playing this game after all of bugfixes with a controller and TB mode.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Does turn based mod include concurrent turns or something similar to summons? If yes, i would love to try.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom