Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

Codex Year of the Donut
The pirate dungeons have good puzzles in general, the prison electricity one was neat

Codex Year of the Donut
Finished temple of elemental evil part 1.
Needed to go pee halfway through but didn't want to die so I held it for about an hour.

hSaTLIG.png

:shredder:
t-thanks

Codex Year of the Donut
I've been using the same weapon since level 2, any tips on how to get a new one?
I use great crossbows btw

Codex Year of the Donut
I dislike the lack of 'stop and smell the flowers' kind of quests, and the game would benefit heavily from a world chat because I never see anyone speak despite there being tons of people online.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
I dislike the lack of 'stop and smell the flowers' kind of quests, and the game would benefit heavily from a world chat because I never see anyone speak despite there being tons of people online.

I remember ages ago when the Neverwinter MMO first came out and I decided to give it a try because D&D. There was a world chat and all that happened in it was someone would say "WOW was the first MMO." and a shitstorm of outraged messages would flood the chat. Also, tons of people trying to hawk their wares. I imagine when DDO first came out and had a larger community you had that kind of stuff with a world chat so they decided to just get rid of it.

Personally, I wish they would reduce the servers down to two mega-servers so that the population wouldn't be spread over so thin. It would be easier to group and people might actually feeling like chatting with each other. The developers apparently wish they could do that, but can't because they don't have the technology. They can transfer characters between servers, but not guilds. Personally I think they should just do it and give the people who spent money on guild stuff free DDO points or something as compensation.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Also rusty_shackleford congrats on figuring out that puzzle. I just went straight to the DDO wiki for that one cause I suck at puzzles.
Also, wait until you see "The Pit." You'll find out very quickly why it is one of the most infamous quests in DDO.

Codex Year of the Donut
sarlona has half as many players as thelanis, you guys should move to thelanis so we're not all spread around :M

Codex Year of the Donut
hiding in plain sight mission is retarded, the only rest shrine is near the fucking start
died right at the end with literally 1 mob left, shit took like 45 fucking minutes. End part requires you to facetank it and has 4 red-named enemies that fucked my shit up.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
hiding in plain sight mission is retarded, the only rest shrine is near the fucking start
died right at the end with literally 1 mob left, shit took like 45 fucking minutes. End part requires you to facetank it and has 4 red-named enemies that fucked my shit up.
To each his own. My paladin never died to any monster, only to elite traps.

Codex Year of the Donut
The barovian quest gives you a really good weapon right at the entrance :M
Really liking the atmosphere so far

also, the map is huge. Ravenloft is my favorite setting so this is going to be great, going to go make some snacks.
:happytrollboy:

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
I don't know much about Ravenloft, only that it is the horror setting with undead and werewolfs. Is this Kingdom of Barvoria with the vampire lord the whole setting, or are there other parts to it?

Codex Year of the Donut
I don't know much about Ravenloft, only that it is the horror setting with undead and werewolfs. Is this Kingdom of Barvoria with the vampire lord the whole setting, or are there other parts to it?

Ravenloft is its own pocket dimension, it doesn't abide by typical D&D universe rules. Barovia is the most notable setting(domain) of Ravenloft, I don't think there's a lorewise limit on how many domains Ravenloft can actually have. The other domains generally aren't like Barovia at all.
Ravenloft domains are essentially prisons for their darklords where the punishment fits the crime, the domains are created by "dark powers" that iirc are purposely kept really vague. They're weaker than a greater deity(they couldn't contain Vecna after becoming one), but very powerful.

Basically unless you're really into ravenloft, Ravenloft = Barovia is good enough. Also, Bluetspur has vampire mindflayers.
From what I've seen so far the NPCs are generally pulled directly from the source material, BTW. e.g., Rudolph van Richten is basically the Van Helsing of Ravenloft, also the Volo of Ravenloft.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom