Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Avowed - Obsidian's first person action-RPG in the Pillars of Eternity setting - coming Fall 2024

Lemming42

Arcane
Awful trailer but fuck it, this should be a laugh, if nothing else. Outer Worlds was very boring so hopes are set low.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Without mods it's already dead. And there won't be mods - just look at their space oblivion clone.

Yep, it'll probably be UE4 again, and despite Epic's claims, UE4 is not mod friendly out the box.

Besides, Microsoft probably consider modding bad for DLC sale prospects.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Now they just need to get creative with the overall gameplay. I'm not all that certain a first person hack'n slash with some story will break any banks.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Most people probably didn't know jack shit about PoE's lore. So the question is, will they make the "gods are created by mortals" a a big mystery in the game again?

Whipped Cream

Learned
Patron
Can we all just agree to call this game Skyrim: New Vegas?

My first impression is that I worry that its going to be very generic. Personally when I play a new game I want it to give me a new experience that no game before has ever given me. Kingdom Come: Deliverance for instance scratched an itch that no game before has scratched for me. The Outer Worlds on the other hand, didn't, since it was basically Fallout: New Vegas in space, but smaller and with worse writing, so the game ended up just feeling "meh".

I've already played Skyrim. I'm not interested in playing a Skyrim-clone. What is it with this game that makes it unique and different from other games?

Jackpot

Learned
Well, I didn't see any pirate ships so at least I haven't projectile vomited yet.
This will almost certainly just be The Outer Worlds with swords, but hey, at least

anyway yeah interesting trailer.
a
nyway yeah that was a trailer for a videogame.

The Great Deceiver

Trickster
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Toned-down art-style, realistic equipment and firearms will be gone, because by Sawyer's estimation these killed Deadfire.

:M

This'll be set decades before PoE, 99% sure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom