Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Summer Game Fest + Summer of Gaming - E3/Gamescom 2020 online replacements - May 7th to August 31st

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Two things today:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Xbox Pre-show is live, supposedly will have third party announcements before the main show:

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

That moment when you're watching a trailer for a generic FPS shooter then you slowly realising the dramatic vocal in the background
x... gonna... give... it... to... ya

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sad! https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...bandoned-its-xbox-20-20-announcement-branding

Microsoft has quietly abandoned its Xbox 20/20 announcement branding

Microsoft has ditched its Xbox 20/20 branding announced back in May, after only using it once.

The term was coined as part of Microsoft's plan for a monthly Xbox Series X marketing "moment", which began in May with a third-party games showcase. But, after that, Xbox 20/20 was never used again.

In June, Eurogamer reported on how Microsoft would miss its "moment" for the month, though the company had originally planned to reveal the still-under-wraps Xbox Series S.

July brought Microsoft's first-party show, with the reveal of Halo Infinite gameplay and announcements of the next Forza, Fable, and Obsidian's Avowed - though again there was no mention of Xbox 20/20. August, Eurogamer understands, is when Xbox Series S will finally be shown, but don't expect it to be branded Xbox 20/20 either.

As spotted by ResetEra, Microsoft has now quietly updated its old May blog post which announced Xbox 20/20 to say the name would no longer be used.

Here's Microsoft's update in full:

"Xbox has a massive year ahead of us, as outlined below. After reassessing our programming for the rest of the year, we've decided to stop using the 'Xbox 20/20' phrasing as it implied that we would be releasing information in one way only, through a dedicated monthly show. We've got so much more to share with news about Xbox Series X, new games like Halo: Infinite, and cloud gaming via Xbox Game Pass. We're going to share that news in a variety of ways. It may sometimes be a dedicated show, YouTube videos, partnering with others, or sharing the latest via Xbox Wire. We want to stay flexible with how we connect with you."

It isn't surprising to see plans change in 2020, though it is a shame Microsoft could not stick to its planned monthly schedule and provide more regular updates. We're likely now just three months from the arrival of several next-generation consoles, and we're still waiting to hear exactly when any of them will launch and how much any of them will cost.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Gamescom next week. List of notable participating publishers and developers: https://www.gamescom.global/gamescom-now/partners/

1C Online Games Ltd. (King's Bounty II)
Activision Blizzard (Diablo IV)
Alersteam (Exoplanet: First Contact)
Anshar Studios (Gamedec)
Ape Tribe Games (Disjunction)
Assemble Entertainment (Roadwarden)
Bethesda
Black Tower (Encased)
Brytenwalda S.L. / Brytenwalda Studios (Beyond Mankind)
Daedalic Entertainment GmbH (Partisans 1941)
Devolver Digital (Weird West)
Drop Bear Bytes (Broken Roads)
Electronic Arts (ie BioWare)
Event Horizon (Dark Envoy)
Focus Home (Necromunda)
Foresight Games (Project Haven)
Gamechuck (Trip The Ark Fantastic)
Humble Games (The Iron Oath)
HypeTrain Digital (Stoneshard, Black Book)
Koch Media GmbH (aka THQ Nordic & Deep Silver - ELEX 2, KCD 2 and who knows what else)
Nacon Gaming (Werewolf Earthblood, Vampire Swansong, Steelrising)
Raw Fury (Star Renegades)
Tactical Adventures (Solasta)
Take-Two Interactive GmbH / 2K (The Outer Worlds DLC)
TaleWorlds Entertainment (Mount & Blade 2)
Team ADOM GmbH
Ubisoft (Assassin's Creed Valhalla)
Xbox (more from Obsidian & inXile?)

Games listed for the virtual Indie Arena Booth: https://indiearenabooth.de/gamescom2020/games

Star Renegades
Project Haven
Suzerain
Gamedec
Solasta: Crown of the Magister
Ostranauts
Partisans 1941
Iron Danger (?)
The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Ah, there will be another Future Games Show on Friday: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/gamescom-2020-conferences-schedule-live-streams-6041

gamescom 2020 opening night live - Thursday, August 27
  • UK: 7pm (BST)
  • Europe: 8pm (CEST)
  • East Coast US: 2pm (EDT)
  • West Coast US: 11am (PDT)
The headline show from this year's virtual gamescom will feature 38 games from 18 different publishers, "primarily focused on updates from announced titles", including the reveal of Doom Eternal's campaign DLC, a closer look at Call of Duty: Black Ops - Cold War and Destiny 2: Beyond Light, and the second season of surprise summer smash Fall Guys.

Helmed by Geoff Keighley, the show comes in at a healthy two hours in length, as well as a pre-show with "additional world premieres" starting half an hour before the above times - all perfectly timed to watch alongside whatever you're having to for tea that evening.

Future Games Show times - Friday, August 28
  • UK: 8pm (BST)
  • Europe: 9pm (CEST)
  • East Coast US: 3pm (EDT)
  • West Coast US: 12pm (PDT)
Hosted by Metal Gear Solid voice actors David Hayter (Solid Snake) and Debi Mae West (Meryl), the Future Games Show returns with another evening of "announcements, updates, reveals and more".

Its inaugural event at this year's E3 revealed the next game from Dreamfall Chapters developer Red Thread Games and sequels for Bomber Crew and Serial Cleaner, so expect announcements in a similar vein.

gamescom Awesome Indies showcase - Saturday, August 29
  • UK: 6pm (BST)
  • Europe: 7pm (CEST)
  • East Coast US: 1pm (EDT)
  • West Coast US: 10am (PDT)
This showcase, created in collaboration with IGN, teases viewers to "expect the unexpected", with hands-on demos, developer spotlights and more. Though there's been no specific mention of new reveals or announcements, it will debut the first look the recently announced Wonder Boy game Asha in Monster World, and a new trailer for Away: The Survival Series.

https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/future-games-show-to-host-games-from-2k-ubisoft-sega-and-many-more/

The Future Games Show is set to air next Friday, August 28 and today we're delighted to announce some of the partners who are working with us on the Future Games Show, including Activision, Ubisoft, 2K, Sega, and more.

On top of that, you can also expect games from the likes of Devolver Digital, Modus Games, Merge Games, Frontier Developments, Daedalic Entertainment, PLAYISM, Stuck In Attic, Walkabout Games, General Interactive Co., Jaw Drop Games, Rocketship Park, TeamKill Media, Toplitz Productions, Studio 369, Raw Fury, The Binary Mill, Systemic Reaction, Ice Water Games and more.

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
CO67V1K.png
Is this a MOTHERFUCKING Elden Ring reference?! LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Well that was a big waste of time (as usual)! But reveals continue on IGN:

10.30am PT
Opening Night Live with Geoff Keighley

1.00pm PT
Unannounced Game - Trailer Reveal
Project Cars 3 - Trailer Reveal
Observer: System Redux - Trailer Reveal
Unannounced Game - Trailer and Gameplay Reveal
Retro Machina - New Gameplay Reveal

1.30pm PT
Godfall - New Gameplay Reveal
Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions - Trailer Reveal
Solasta: Crown of the Magister - Trailer Reveal
EVERSPACE 2 - Trailer and New Gameplay Reveal

2.00pm PT
Next-Gen Console Watch LIVE
Pumpkin Jack - New Gameplay Reveal
Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood Trailer Reveal
Dual Universe - Trailer Reveal
Jump Force Deluxe Edition - Trailer Reveal

2.30pm PT
Humble Games - 2020 Lineup Trailer
Dual Universe - New Gameplay Reveal
Monster Truck Championship - Trailer Reveal
Speed Limit - Trailer Reveal
X4: Foundations - Trailer Reveal
Giants Uprising - Trailer Reveal

3.00pm PT
Tinkertown - New Gameplay Reveal
Giants Uprising - New Gameplay Reveal
X4: Foundations - New Gameplay Reveal
News, Games, Plus More LIVE

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
IGN Day 2:

7.30am PT
Goldilock One - Trailer Reveal
Dark Pictures Little Hope - Gameplay Reveal ad Developer Interview

8.00am PT
Game Scoop! LIVE

9.00am PT
Genshin Impact - Trailer Reveal
Scarlet Nexus - Gameplay Preview
EuroPlay Games Lineup Sizzle
Ponpu - New Gameplay Reveal
Conarium - Trailer Reveal
Naser: Son of Man - Trailer Reveal
Unannounced DLC - Trailer Reveal
Humankind - New Gameplay Reveal

9.30am PT
Age of Empires III - Developer Interview
Little Nightmares II - Gameplay Preview
Stronghold: Warlords - New Gameplay Reveal
Morbid: The Seven Acolytes - New Gameplay Reveal

10.00am PT
Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions - Launch Trailer and New Gameplay
Transient - Trailer Reveal
HAAK - Trailer Reveal
Zelter - Trailer Reveal
Overloop - Trailer Reveal

10.30am PT
Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin - New Gameplay Reveal
The Waylanders - New Game Footage Reveal
Sea of Thieves - Developer Gameplay Update
Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond - New Gameplay Reveal
Unexplored 2 - New Gameplay Reveal
Crash Bandicoot - Developer Interview

11.00am PT
Street Power Soccer - Trailer Reveal
Drake Hollow - Trailer Reveal
Raji: An Ancient Epic - Trailer Reveal
Dirt5 - Trailer Reveal
Drone Swarm - New Gameplay Reveal

11.30am PT
Ikenfell - New Gameplay Reveal
WRC 9 - New Gameplay Reveal
The Medium - New Gameplay Reveal
Alaloth – Champions of the Four Kingdoms - New Gameplay Reveal
ANNO: Mutationem - New Gameplay Reveal
Project Haven - New Gameplay Reveal

12.00pm PT
The Medium - Developer Interview
Up at Noon with Max and Brian (featuring Troy Baker)
Tony Hawk Pro Skater Remaster - Developer Interview

1.00pm PT
Per Aspera - Trailer Reveal
Sherlock Holmes: Chapter One - Trailer Reveal
Wonhon: A Vengeful Spirit - Trailer Reveal
In Sound Mind - New Gameplay Reveal
Weaving Tides - New Gameplay Reveal
Spacebase Startopia - New Gameplay Reveal
KeyWe - New Gameplay Reveal

1.30pm PT
Gatewalkers - New Gameplay Reveal
Humble Games - 2021 Lineup Trailer
The Wild at Heart - New Gameplay Reveal
Project Wingman - Trailer Reveal
Prodeus - New Gameplay Reveal

2.00pm PT
Gamescom Daily Show
Just Die Already - Trailer Reveal

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom