Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl - coming September 5th

schru

Arcane
It also says ‘Windows PC’ at the end.

8lKlZiW.jpg

GrafvonMoltke

Shoutbox Purity League
Shitposter
And? It's still being developed with mostly console players in mind. It's going to be some console trash shit.

I told everyone that this was going to be a shitty cash-grab, but this is just downright unforgivable.

schru

Arcane
It also says ‘Windows PC’ at the end.
I'm under the impression it's eventually coming to PC but it's going to launch on Series X for a period of exclusivity?
2ZnWHOY.png
I didn't see that. Might be so, then.

And? It's still being developed with mostly console players in mind. It's going to be some console trash shit.

I told everyone that this was going to be a shitty cash-grab, but this is just downright unforgivable.
Quite likely, was just saying. Without many of the original team members responsible for the visual assets, music, and the peculiar graphics renderer, there would be no assurance that it'd have the same quality as the first game even if it were designed exclusively for PCs.

Perkel

Arcane
I really do wonder where they will go with it.

Imho they will make out of it another Metro

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

ciox

Liturgist
Wallpaper suggest that Bloodsuckers are back in the menu... I mean - we're the dinner.
PySIOhj.jpg

They need to stop the larp and actually have the massive Chernobyl nuclear plant and DUGA array levels that they're hinting at, only the first game really delivered there and there were some gameplay issues, while the later games didn't even try.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Mentioned it being open-world twice.

:despair:
Is this a big problem though?
STALKER(s) maps were pretty big and resembled, e.g., Gothic approach (so, open world but limited. Or "open maps" so to speak).

Would STALKER(s) suffered much if all the maps were actually connected into one seamless world?
I don't think so.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom