Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Avowed - Obsidian's first person action-RPG in the Pillars of Eternity setting - coming Fall 2024

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They should have named it "Landstorm: A Microsoft-Exclusive Role-Playing Game".

Yeah, notice how they don't mention the words "Pillars of Eternity" anywhere on the website or in the trailer description. They only say the game set in "the fantasy world of Eora" (a name which only more serious fans will recognize). They're afraid it would turn people off, I guess.

But of course there's still time.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The only thing I honestly wonder at this point is whether it will be possible to have a playstyle. Will it be about completing objectives, with multiple avenues supported? Or will it be about killing all the things with your choice of lightning bolt or fireball?

Seeing the "sword in one hand, magic in the other" turns my stomach. I never want to play a "y'know just a bunch of stuff you can do" type character.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Yet another medieval fantasy hiking simulator. Certainly not enough of those.

The number of direct Skyrim competitors is actually surprisingly small after nearly 10 years.
Because Todd flooded the market with Skyrim remasters and versions for every conceivable system.
In 20 years people will install Skyrim on their retinal holo displays as a joke.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
The only thing I honestly wonder at this point is whether it will be possible to have a playstyle. Will it be about completing objectives, with multiple avenues supported? Or will it be about killing all the things with your choice of lightning bolt or fireball?

Seeing the "sword in one hand, magic in the other" turns my stomach. I never want to play a "y'know just a bunch of stuff you can do" type character.

It could be one of two ways.
Class-based with Multi class system or Skyrim's trash ''jack of all trades , master of all''.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Aedyr is the empire where they wear Togas, hate Animacy and has a human/Elves mixed society. Trailer also mentions Oaths so we get more of the burned queen.
In theory, you can do something with that setting but we have to see what Obsidian do with it. At any case, I did not expect them to return to Eora for this game and since it's on Gamepass I don#t even need to buy it so I'll definetly play it.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Given the recent offerings from Obsidian I'm not overly optimistic. Especially if UE4 and mods don't work out.

Why it is always the third game that experiences the greatest decline?

I am interested what people who kickstartered PoE in 2012 would say if they knew that this would lead to a first person game. I am pretty sure that in 2012 this would feel like a greater betrayal than the kickstartered game ending up to not be as good as expected.

- Do you hate those 3d action games and would instead play a glorious RPG with prerendered backgrounds?
- Yes I do!
- Joke is on you. It's a 3d action game now!

Artyoan

Arbiter
I liked the Eora setting in PoE1, less so in PoE2. No overlap between the established predecessors and this new trailer though. Thats not necessarily bad but curious. Its not even 'PoE:Avowed'. Late decision to disassociate a bit?

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Obsidian-chan: Bethesda-kun, you can't sodomize my daughter Pillars, like you did my nephew Fallout, if I sodomize her first! There is room for only one horse dick in her tight bland pussy, and it will be Microsoft's and Mine!

AQnGWk7.jpg

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Not sure why everyone is assuming that it's going to be a TES competitor. I doubt Microsoft is going to dump the amount of money needed to make such a project on Obsidian. It's likely going to be of a much smaller game, like TOW. Probably be closer to something like Arx Fatalis in scale. Anyway, it's just another fantasy RPG. I have no further interest in this. I'll keep my eye out for all the juicy butthurt that always follows an Obsidian release, but that's as far as my interest here goes.

theLorry

Educated
I don't really follow Obsidian these days, so could someone tell me if they would have started working on this game before being bought by Microsoft or not.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Not sure why everyone is assuming that it's going to be a TES competitor. I doubt Microsoft is going to dump the amount of money needed to make such a project on Obsidian. It's likely going to be of a much smaller game, like TOW. Probably be closer to something like Arx Fatalis in scale. Anyway, it's just another fantasy RPG. I have no further interest in this. I'll keep my eye out for all the juicy butthurt that always follows an Obsidian release, but that's as far as my interest here goes.

Because they said so, multiple times. Feargus even introduced it as their new *big rpg* right before the trailer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom