Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Shin Megami Tensei V - It's been hurting my OCD.

Viata

Arcane
If that is Demifiend, then they releasing the remaster is pretty much preparing people to play SMTV. :shredder:

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
So if that actually is Demifiend, is TDE ending canon?

To me it seems like a combination of Freedom and Demon endings.
Freedom in a sense that the can was kicked ahead. Demi-fiend turned the world back, but now maybe a decade after it has run out of juice and the vortex world happens again. But either Demi-fiend killed off the agent of Great Will for good or Lucifer did it himself and now the vortex cycle starts without the a big face who can kickstart a new world.

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
One of these days Kaneko-sama will return and save the franchise.

ERH1tQ3.jpg

Freedom in a sense that the can was kicked ahead. Demi-fiend turned the world back, but now maybe a decade after it has run out of juice and the vortex world happens again. But either Demi-fiend killed off the agent of Great Will for good or Lucifer did it himself and now the vortex cycle starts without the a big face who can kickstart a new world.

I'd say it's just TDE. 'Final' version of world has been formed but then Demi-Fiend rebelled against Luisa Ferre and now they represent differents factions/paths.

PS. I like how they didn't failed like they did with SMT x Fire Emblem that endend with some Sailor Moon abomination, there are no sing osf Persona influence either, we can safely expect trve core MegaTen for now.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
KEIIEa4.png

Made me smirk, due to the anouncement a lot of new blood is coming to SMT III and IV and they are getting absolutely filtered by Minotaur, Medusa and Matador

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Smirk is a great mechanic that I hope makes its way into SMT5.

Weaponised smugness is a good mechanic.
It is a bit too strong atm with the removal of weaknesses and the autocrits, but smirk triggering secondary effects is a really cool mechanic for the light and dark spell lines. They should probably change the weakness ignore to just a flat damage reduction to make it less frustrating to fight smirkers without Magaon. Maybe make annulling a weakness hit consume Smirk, it is just too much of a buttfuck to stare down a smirking superboss after your magaon user got oneshot by a crit.

Hobo Elf

Arcane

It is a bit too strong atm with the removal of weaknesses and the autocrits, but smirk triggering secondary effects is a really cool mechanic for the light and dark spell lines. They should probably change the weakness ignore to just a flat damage reduction to make it less frustrating to fight smirkers without Magaon. Maybe make annulling a weakness hit consume Smirk, it is just too much of a buttfuck to stare down a smirking superboss after your magaon user got oneshot by a crit.
That was my favorite part of the Smirk revamp in Apocalypse.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron

You know I played through IV and IV:A until the last dungeon and I never found out that any ailment removes smirk.
If they just made that a bit more obvious and had more demons/encounters designed to have nothing but ailment resistances the system would be great. Maybe make ailments hit 100% with some special effect like hama/mudo if enemies are weak to them.

Garbage

Learned

You know I played through IV and IV:A until the last dungeon and I never found out that any ailment removes smirk.
If they just made that a bit more obvious and had more demons/encounters designed to have nothing but ailment resistances the system would be great. Maybe make ailments hit 100% with some special effect like hama/mudo if enemies are weak to them.

I'm all for status ailments (especially on bosses), but 100% is a bit too much.
Just tie ailment chance to luck to actually give people a reason to invest in something other than magic and agility.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
Imagine all those dumb zoomers, that have bought Persona 5 en masse because it was a cool edgy thing, that now will buy SMTV and the Nocturne remake, because they think these are now the next cool anime edgy things, only to be ass raped en masse in the depth of the Amigdala Labyrinth. I am starting to imagine the screamings.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Just tie ailment chance to luck to actually give people a reason to invest in something other than magic and agility.

I played 4, 4A and playing SJR right now , if i used ailments like 5 times in my playthoughts , it's a lot.. It doesn't seems worth to waste a slot for such moves that are 99% of time useless vs bosses and it isn't worth for random encounter.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
SMT I (and II I think?) are just charm bullets and spamming electric spells for all I know.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Nerve Bullets.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom