Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Avowed - Obsidian's first person action-RPG in the Pillars of Eternity setting - coming Fall 2024

Molina

Savant
2010, FNV. Move on people, they can't perform the same miracle.

Last edited:

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
So, someone at Obsidian forums apparently "translated" the runes on the sword.

oathbinder.png

Not very surprising to say the least.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
I don't think the story will have anything to do with The Watcher, which is a very good thing. Each game should have a separate protagonist, with his/her own story - a lesson Owlcat Games have learned immediately, and I love them for that.

Codex Year of the Donut

Ulysa

Scholar
It's funny how I didn't know what Eora was even when I'm playing PoE2 for the 2nd time. :? But anyhow... I prefer it's on PoE world instead of a new generic one.

First person only? This sucks, I want to see my char. I liked the end of the trailer with the balrog and the cool spell.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
When's the release date though
just in time to compete with the next TES game

Lol does anybody even know how far in development TES 6 is? Maybe they're finally at the point where they have the powerpoint for the press release for the teaser.
To be fair, Bethesda is typically quiet about their games until only a couple months before release.

Didn't Todd Howard flat out state that 2024 is the earliest possible release date?

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
It's funny how I didn't know what Eora was even when I'm playing PoE2 for the 2nd time. :? But anyhow... I prefer it's on PoE world instead of a new generic one.

First person only? This sucks, I want to see my char. I liked the end of the trailer with the balrog and the cool spell.

The setting does have some potential, especially taking into account that it's the only Renaissance Fantasy setting where gunpowder weapons and their influence on warfare are taken properly into account. The idea behind the pantheon, though somewhat fedora tipping for my tastes, is also rather unique. Unfortunately, due to the fact that it's an original setting, the developers fell into the trap of over-exposing every element and idea behind said universe.

In other words - too much Martin, too little Tolkien. "A whisper can be more powerful than a shout" as a certain painter once said.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
So, someone at Obsidian forums apparently "translated" the runes on the sword.

oathbinder.png

Not very surprising to say the least.
Made me laugh.

So some 3d artist switched to runic keyboard and wrote some boring shit.

Of course people "deciphered" it, and it's something boring. Nobody at Obshitian even thought about placing a real easter egg there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom