Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mechajammer (formerly Copper Dreams) - cyberpunk RPG from Whalenought Studios

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
The game might be fun to play, but it looks like looking inside a long forgotten moldy trashcan with batches of unknown life creeping around.

Mortmal

Arcane
Think the artstyle is the best they had so far, i cant wait for the next one .Just checked if i had beta, and read estimated delivery for the game march 2017 :hahano:

Last edited:

cb.spike

Educated
Soooo, what kind of games is this now?

I´m super confused. Now it looks like main character is being followed by squad of 9? NPCs. In one the last more detailed updates they called it a dungeon crawler and that would fit escape story presented in new trailer.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't get the direction anymore. I wanted a cyberpunk RPG. Are we still getting that or something more akin to an action game in terms of presentation? I don't like the sound of "high octane".

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Perhaps there is no wasted effort... ALL of the different art styles and combat/dialogue systems displayed to date could be featured in the final game to reflect alterations like character development and gradual progression through different stages of cybernetic augmentation.

buffalo bill

Arcane
I don't get the direction anymore. I wanted a cyberpunk RPG. Are we still getting that or something more akin to an action game in terms of presentation? I don't like the sound of "high octane".
I could be wrong, but that sounds like a marketing gimmick to make a turn-based game seem attractive to gamers who want something exciting (roguelikes can be plenty exciting imo). "Simultaneous turn-based tactical combat" (as in classic roguelikes) appeals to me, but I'm likely an outlier.

I guess I prefer 'Copper Dreams' to 'Mechajammer', but whatever (deja vu!!! but usually this feeling accompanies graphical changes)

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I guess I prefer 'Copper Dreams' to 'Mechajammer', but whatever (deja vu!!! but usually this feeling accompanies graphical changes)
Mechajammer sounds like a guitar hero style game featuring Japanese schoolgirls piloting giant robots.

H&J: if you reading this, please note that this is not a suggestion to alter your game's theme! I think we have mapped the creative landscape pretty throughoutly already...

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I could be wrong, but that sounds like a marketing gimmick to make a turn-based game seem attractive to gamers who want something exciting (roguelikes can be plenty exciting imo). "Simultaneous turn-based tactical combat" (as in classic roguelikes) appeals to me, but I'm likely an outlier.

Roguelike combat is also ok, better than having to wait out dumb, overlong animations. What about other RPG mechanics, though? Are we going to have non-combat skills?

buffalo bill

Arcane

Roguelike combat is also ok, better than having to wait out dumb, overlong animations. What about other RPG mechanics, though? Are we going to have non-combat skills?
The character sheet on the web page includes chemistry, social, burglary and hacking as skills. Personally, I'm happy if the core systems are focused on combat or combat-related activities (again, as in most classic roguelikes, except maybe CDDA). If this game basically ends up being a pretty looking classic roguelike with vertical movement, then I say great. It's generally hard to implement vertical movement in roguelikes, and their combination of 2D sprites with 3D environments looks like a viable workaround.

buffalo bill

Arcane
everything in the video looks pretty great tbh. Even the sound design is good. I was pretty much giving up on this game, but now I think I might want to get into the beta to try it (after I punish myself with KotC2, which I'm waiting to download until today's patch gets released)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
everything in the video looks pretty great tbh. Even the sound design is good. I was pretty much giving up on this game, but now I think I might want to get into the beta to try it (after I punish myself with KotC2, which I'm waiting to download until today's patch gets released)

I think it might already be released.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
A nod to Spelljammer? (Or cooler, Windjammers. :cool:)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom