Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Peril on Gorgon is the first expansion for The Outer Worlds, coming September 9th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Carrie Patel; Obsidian Entertainment; The Outer Worlds; The Outer Worlds: Peril on Gorgon

Obsidian announced way back in December that they were planning to release story DLC for The Outer Worlds this year. Over seven months later they finally revealed the first one today at Microsoft's Xbox Games Showcase event. The Outer Worlds: Peril on Gorgon is a full-fledged late game expansion, a "noir-tinged" mystery set in an abandoned Spacer's Choice research facility on the Gorgon Asteroid. The story apparently involves investigating the origins of the Adrena-Time drug, implied in the base game to be responsible for Halcyon being infested with psychotic marauders. The expansion features an increased level cap, new perks, flaws and skill tier unlocks, and new gear including three additional science weapons. Also audio logs, because you can't have a mysterious abandoned space facility without those. Here's the announcement trailer:

After the announcement, a number of websites published their interviews with the expansion's director Carrie Patel and its art director Matt Hansen. The most notable takeaway from the interviews is that development on Peril on Gorgon actually began in January 2019, before The Outer Worlds was released. When the game turned out to be a commercial success, they decided to restart development and make the expansion significantly larger. It should be roughly comparable in scope to Monarch. Here's a list of interviews I was able to track down:

Peril on Gorgon is releasing on September 9th and will be priced at $15. It's the first of two planned expansions for The Outer Worlds and will also be available as part of a $25 expansion pass. This wasn't the only Obsidian title announced today, but I'll save that for a separate newspost.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I don't really know who will end up playing this since everyone with even a slight interest towards the game paid 1 dorra for the gaym pass and played this thing over a couple of days. It's going to have beyond minimal install base at this point.

LizardWizard

Cipher
I don't really know who will end up playing this since everyone with even a slight interest towards the game paid 1 dorra for the gaym pass and played this thing over a couple of days. It's going to have beyond minimal install base at this point.

'Minimal' So yeah like 2m easily parted with their monies console peasants along with an upcoming Steam release.

It wouldn't be getting DLC if it flopped, let alone two and a triple A funded sequel already in the works

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
It wouldn't suprise me if this leads to a "complete edition enhanced for the new xbox" released around christmas.

Fargus

Arcane
Faggot expansion for a faggiest game ever. Looking forward for it to be forgotten by pretty much everyone in a week.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
How can they come up with expansion packs when the game still hasn't released on any platform that matters?

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
And it's such a simple recipe, too - add attractive, romanceable women, and you'll have the waifu demographic immediately in your pocket. Add attractive males, and the lonely females come to your product. I'm all the more astounded since BioWare figured this out two decades ago.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
And it's such a simple recipe, too - add attractive, romanceable women, and you'll have the waifu demographic immediately in your pocket. Add attractive males, and the lonely females come to your product. I'm all the more astounded since BioWare figured this out two decades ago.

They dont need money.

They need to promote agenda, point of view.

Diggfinger

Arcane
Looks more "more of the same" and base game lacked deep RPG-mechanics and varied combat (/AI behavior) to be interesting.

Noteworthy, however, is that Leon is not directing this...already on another project?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Looks more "more of the same" and base game lacked deep RPG-mechanics and varied combat (/AI behavior) to be interesting.

Noteworthy, however, is that Leon is not directing this...already on another project?
Outer Worlds 2.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, it is possible that he and/or Tim are involved with TOW's second expansion.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Honestly can't bear more of the gameplay loop. It got so repetitive by the end, game's a shadow of what Prey brings to the table.

Skdursh

Savant
Looks like a fat turd draped over the edge of a rest-stop porta-potty on the hottest day of Summer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom